• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Evil mages and Evil mage lords - Repond slayer vulnerability?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there -

don't understand the mob information on uo guide: Concerning evil mages, it states you need a mage slayer (tally); concerning evil mage lords, it states they have mage slayer and also repond slayer vulnerability. Is that true that there is a difference?

Regards, Fizzle

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Repond slayers work on humanoids not humans. Mage slayer tally works on the mages.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Evil Mage Lords are listed as Repond slayer (Stratics) and Repond & Mage slayers (UO Guide)

Evil Mage is listed as Repond slayer (Stratics) and Repond & Mage slayer (UO Guide)

NOTE: Mage slayer property on either talisman or weapon is sufficient.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Humanoids" could be anything with 2 arms and 2 legs, head... human like. That doesnt add up. :)

Repond would be anything remotely human... in theory.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'll be honest, this peaked my interest, I've always just used Repond against all those types but looking at the UOGuide page it states something quite different and I was not aware of it with the opening line being... 'The Mage Slayer group is a Super Slayer to all Magery-based creatures.' which disconnects it completely from the Repond group.

I can't vouch for the accuracy but it's interesting nonetheless.

Mage Slayer - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia