• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Everyone In Trinsic Is Talking About It!

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hail and well met!

It's finally here! The event no one asked for! The grand opening of the ALL NEW Trinsic Historical Museum! New building, new location and new items.

The old museum was small and a fund raiser has enabled us to expand to our new far larger and expansive museum. A special thank you to the person that purchased the rare puppy from my Luna vendor shop that enabled the funds to speed up having the museum come to life. I miss that puppy and I hope he's doing well *sigh*. Speaking of vendors my vendors are getting cleaned out while I spend time at the museum, but hope to have it stocked back up later tonight.

Some things you can expect...

1st Floor Many Trinsic, Legends and UO rares displayed in an easy to see format. All items, that can be, have been enable to display and produce their special properties when examined (double clicked)

2nd Floor The "researchers floor" with rows of boxes with organized collections through the years. Each box has related items next to the box to indicate what's inside!

3rd Floor Featuring wall art and Trinsic's most incredible bathroom of all time. The bathroom has interesting items such as a toilet, privy roll and much more for your convenience and comfort while visiting. Voted Trinsic's most awesome #1 bathroom of all time by the workers at the museum.

4th Floor Exploring the dark side of Trinsic with creepy and horrifying displays. Spider and snake anti-venom available in the gift shop. Parents are advised that it may not be suitable for children... wait... where are all the children these days? Hmmm....

It's about "85% complete" and we have sent an agent to far off lands to acquire the items we need for the finishing touches. We sincerely hope you enjoy it when you've got some time to kill or are interested in rares, collections and decorating. We certainly would appreciate you feedback on the museum's bulletin board.

Many fine rares (Our premium rares are often located in the tavern) and an extensive library can be found at Captain Lucky's Castle/Tavern/Inn with many ideas for anyone interested in decorating. A rune to the near by castle is locked down on the steps of the museum. Vendors interested in having their runes added to the steps just leave a rune in our mailbox. The tavern is currently hosting the annual Trinsic Leprechaun Convention. So all the rooms are booked and honestly drunken Leprechauns are everywhere. It's the Camelot Castle so if your interested in my having one built it may also be worth a look.

We've made it super easy to find. We've given runes to our Museum Researcher Sandy so a vendor search for the Trinsic Historical Society (or just Trinsic) will generate a map to use for recalling. It's located at 131o 7'S, 33o 32'E. Or check the painting below for a location map. Just leave Trinsic through the south gate and proceed south till you see the "Traditional Keep". If you enjoy rares, history, collections and decorating I'm sure you will enjoy stopping by. Open 24 hours. Thanks so much for your attention. Captain Lucky *Bows with grand flourish*

THS.jpg

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well *one* person actually stopped by. And left a message :) Thank you so much, you cheered me up with your kind words! One other stopped by to buy Pixie Lanterns but didn't come in. So I got 2 visits. I'm counting the vendor sale as another visit. I'm gonna go be *sads* now. I tried, I really did... Sold my lovely rare puppy for some extra gold, spent a few hundred million gold, moved everything out of the old museum to the new one, traveled to Atlantic to pick up a few things and spent maybe a week setting it all up. So no biggie I didn't expect 50 visits but I was kinda hoping on say 5 or 8. Then my wife says she wouldn't go either cause museums are boring unless I had dinosaurs *sigh* *wanders off to tavern* *Gets attacked by a mongbat which securely attaches to my leg and can't be shook off* *Limps on to the tavern with mongbat sucking on my leg*

Last edited:

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to give it some time. How many people actually read the Legends board anymore? I will stop in when I get some time to boot up UO so you can make that three. Maybe not if you watch me though, it's harder to pilfer.

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm ok :) Just wanted to whine for a moment. I feel better now. I know how it is :) TY! If I got like 50 visitors that would be the whole shard lol Usually if I see someone coming I split so they can nose around without being pestered. I won't be there much now it's pretty well set up. So pilfer away! I do all my work over at the castle. Really my castle gets the best rares. I do everything by theme so the castle gets kittens, tavern stuff, bakery and library (Now named the Uriah Heep Memorial Library *sniff*) and the other stuff will go to the museum. Now I finally have a chance to go through all my stuff and start stocking up my vendors :) Just rambling... carry on ;)

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Enjoyed the castle as well. I snooped everywhere. I may have absconded with a few valuables.
TYVM! Just PM me a list of what was taken so I know to replace it... better :) I'm old school with UO and I've always known all's fair in UO lol. I leave stuff like Trinsic petals open so people can take them if they want :) I hope the leprechauns weren't too annoying. They've been having a great convention.

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oh just a fyi for those that like to go where they're not meant to go! I put 2 runebooks on the first floor of the museum. As is my nature they all revolve around Trinsic. The one is hidden locations (Like the room above the Trinsic Tinker's Guild). The other is a ton of locations that are between the Trinsic walls (The spot by the west bank use to be popular). All Trammel. So if your interested in that bring a bunch of runes and regs and make your own books. Seems like over the years they made it harder and harder to get to these areas. In the upstairs tinker room I sometimes find weird stuff in there so I think some GMs/EMs used/use it for storage. Never been able to loot anything ;)

Also I'm happy to announce visitor numbers are way up. Thank you all :heart:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have done a Fantastic job, not just on your museum, but for the City of Trinsic and the Legends Shard! When you announced your Runbooks of hidden places, I couldn't wait to check them out.

I have a question on a hidden place in Trinsic that I found years ago but have forgotten where it's located. From the best of my memory, somewhere on the dock side of Trinsic, you double click something, and it put you into an underground town. Again, to the best of my memory, if you went through this area, you would come out at a beach that resembles what is now New Magincia. Does anyone have any knowledge of this area?

Thanks!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may have figured out what I'm looking for in Trinsic. After the Magnicia Invasion in 2007, a teleporter was placed by the Trinsic docks that took you to Magincia. Since the area I ended up at was an area that resembled the Magincia beach, I'm sure this is what I experienced.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello. *small wave*. I used to live in these parts once, long, long ago. I'd try to stop by for a visit, but I fear my backpack is overloaded with irreplacable keepsakes and I'm so out of practice with walking around that I'm scared a mongbat could knock me over and loot me. But just wanted to say it's nice to hear that there is still an attempt to keep history alive.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello. *small wave*. I used to live in these parts once, long, long ago. I'd try to stop by for a visit, but I fear my backpack is overloaded with irreplacable keepsakes and I'm so out of practice with walking around that I'm scared a mongbat could knock me over and loot me. But just wanted to say it's nice to hear that there is still an attempt to keep history alive.
Lord Maplestone, what a surprise! It's been a very long time. Over a decade I think.

I miss your writing. It was there that I first came across the word "twitterpated".
What a weird memory you left on me so just thought I'd share your impact.

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
*Dusts off clothes* Wow! Have I really been gone 6 months? I got distracted :) Wasn't playing but kept paying. Nice to find all my stuff and homes still safe. I guess anything still on my vendors I can safely throw away lol Clearly not hot sellers. Will try and start restocking when I get back home from the cottage. Just wondering, have there been any new Legends GM Sashes made? I like to keep up with those when possible. Well my servants have done nothing while I was gone so I'm gonna get them busy dusting and scrubbing floors. At least they fed the kittens. Cya round! *Waves*

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oh thanks for all the kind words about the museum. That's what I was gonna post about in the first place lol *Bows with grand flourish*