• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Every Day Tasks feedback

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just going to keep a running list here of my commentary. I'll highlight items in bold that I think are important.

So I thought I would start by recreating my macros from the 2d client. First off, I love the macro system and all the new functionality we have with it. I have yet to test the macros in battle, but if it works as I expect it to, I foresee myself expanding my battle tactics because rather than having to dig through my pack to use items, I can just hit a macro to use them.

It would have been nice if we could copy a macro. I was creating different macros for the various healing and cure spells, to heal and to heal self. It would have been nice to copy the heal macro and add the self parts to it rather than having to do it all from scratch. This is a convenience thing, however, so I understand it's not going to be a high priority. Perhaps when you guys are doing future polishing. :)

I had hoped to set up three different macros for the three types of heal potions. It does not seem to work, however. I had all three types in my inventory, but whenever I tried to drag a greater to the macro, it always replaced it with lesser heals. Does anyone know how the drink heal potion macro works? Does it randomly grab a heal potion from your inventory or is there a system, like starting with the weakest and working up to the greater heals?

I'm also starting with general macros and setup. I was able to copy and rename the file into the second character's folder thereby sharing my general macros. Can we copy this over a default macro file yet?

Movement-wise, my guy seems to walk a few extra steps after I let go of the mouse button. If there are traps and such in Stygian Abyss, this could be bad! Also, I was used to my characters stopping at corners, say in the corner of a house. I would often put teleporters there so I could just run to a corner and teleport to the next level. SA characters seem to want to turn the corner and keep on walking.

While in my house, I was divesting myself of reagents into a house secure. I tried dropping the regs into our reg bag in one of the secured chests. What I found was that these regs wouldn't stack with the existing reg pile. I had to open the bag and stack them manually.

I prefer legacy containers, but as has been mentioned elsewhere, the mouse cursor seems to be a bit off with items. Also, when I hope corpses of vanquished foes, a good number of items on the corpse don't display. At the moment I am zoomed in as far as I can go just to make sure I'm running most efficiently while I test combat. Does this have something to do with this issue?

All the ships are flooded.

All in all, I'm liking it thus far and I'll keep adding to this list as I encounter things.

T

TheGrayGhost

So I thought I would start by recreating my macros from the 2d client. First off, I love the macro system and all the new functionality we have with it. I have yet to test the macros in battle, but if it works as I expect it to, I foresee myself expanding my battle tactics because rather than having to dig through my pack to use items, I can just hit a macro to use them.

It would have been nice if we could copy a macro. I was creating different macros for the various healing and cure spells, to heal and to heal self. It would have been nice to copy the heal macro and add the self parts to it rather than having to do it all from scratch. This is a convenience thing, however, so I understand it's not going to be a high priority. Perhaps when you guys are doing future polishing. :)

Movement-wise, my guy seems to walk a few extra steps after I let go of the mouse button. If there are traps and such in Stygian Abyss, this could be bad! Also, I was used to my characters stopping at corners, say in the corner of a house. I would often put teleporters there so I could just run to a corner and teleport to the next level. SA characters seem to want to turn the corner and keep on walking.

While in my house, I was divesting myself of reagents into a house secure. I tried dropping the regs into our reg bag in one of the secured chests. What I found was that these regs wouldn't stack with the existing reg pile. I had to open the bag and stack them manually.

All in all, I'm liking it thus far and I'll keep adding to this list as I encounter things.
As far as the Macro's go, yeah they work as well as you think they will. I can almost garuntee you that you will be presently surprised if you are use to 2D. One thing that made me go full time KR (Almost) despite some of the issues (Crashing :( a lot) was that after playing KR you could now suddenly feel the delay in 2D macro's and keys in general. SA has the same feel to the controls. It feels Instant where 2D felt a bit sluggish.

The addition of having the ability to have a specific target set for a spell or item with the Target > Stored selection now just makes it even better lol.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sablestorm, check to make sure that the "always run" option is not checked. That might help. Also, I've found that it feels like I have better control of my character's walking/running if I'm zoomed in closer.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sablestorm, check to make sure that the "always run" option is not checked. That might help. Also, I've found that it feels like I have better control of my character's walking/running if I'm zoomed in closer.
I zoomed in as far as I could go and always run is not checked. Basically, if I try and face a wall and and right click, it will run along that wall. Anyone else have this happen?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the turn around the corner thing is by design. I assure you that while it is sometimes a PITA in a house, out running in the field it is a dream come true!