• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Every Bidder Is A Potential Winner At The Atlantic Silent Auction House In Zento

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Every Bidder Is A Potential Winner

Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, when you participate at the Silent Auction House in Zento on Atlantic, your bid can win gold towards purchasing your winnings. The more you bid, the greater your chance to win. All you have to do to win is bid, its that simple.

****************** NEW RULE ******************

In Order To Win, Every Bid Must Include Proper Contact Information In The Form Of Either Your Prominent Stratics Name Or ICQ Number Or Facebook Address. If the roll picks a winner without this information, no winner will be picked for that roll.

Items up for Auction can be found here: http://stratics.com/community/threa...urday-on-may-11th-2013-at-7-00-pm-est.299106/

Winner will be determined by rolling the dice in game at 6pm EST on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. First roll determines which Lot's bidders can be chosen. Second roll determines which bidder in that lot wins. High rolls will be adjusted by the consecutive order of bidders.

Example

I roll the dice twice, and multiply the numbers, if the total equals 54, this means Lot 6 is chosen.
I roll the dice again, it comes up bidder 12, if there are only 8 Bids, bidder number 4 wins

Thursday's Winner Gets 25m - No Winner
Friday's Winner Gets 50m - Gheed
Saturday's Winner Gets 100m - No Winner

Thursday's Winner Was

Lot 24 (rolled an 24) - There were 12 Bidders for that Lot. I rolled a 6 making Crown the potential winner. Unfortunately Crown did not supply the proper contact information, and is disqualified from winning Thursday's round.

No Winner Declared For Thursdays Roll :(

Friday's Winner Was

Lot 12 (rolled an 108) - There were 26 Bidders for that Lot. I rolled a 36 making, making the 8th bidder the winner, which was Gheed. Gheed is a valid winner, since he posts on Stratics as Gheed.

Congratulations to Gheed! He just won 50m gold credit towards purchasing anything in this auction ending Saturday at 7pm EST

Saturday's Winner Was

Lot 24 (rolled an 48) - There were 18 Bidders for that Lot. I rolled a 24 making, making Crown the potential winner. Unfortunately Crown did not supply the proper contact information, and is disqualified from winning Thursday's round.

No Winner Declared For Saturdays Roll :(

Last edited:

nallez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i didn't put any contact information on my bids other than the stratics name.
Do I have to add ICQ number to my bids as well?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Every Bidder Is A Potential Winner At The Atlantic Silent Auction House In Zento
I love ya Nails but your pitch line reminds me of Miss Cleos "Call me now for your free reading" psychic phone line commercial

anyhow back on topic.... Any chance you would add if the item can or cannot be placed on a vendor to the items info, so we know whats a dupe and whats original before bidding?

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is my 13th silent auction, and I've not once sold an item that could not be placed on a vendor. I will add this if its really important to everyone.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Friday's Winner Was

Lot 12 (rolled an 108) - There were 26 Bidders for that Lot. I rolled a 36 making, making the 8th bidder the winner, which was Gheed. Gheed is a valid winner, since he posts on Stratics as Gheed.

Congratulations to Gheed! He just won 50m gold credit towards purchasing anything in this auction ending Saturday at 7pm EST

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anyhow back on topic.... Any chance you would add if the item can or cannot be placed on a vendor to the items info, so we know whats a dupe and whats original before bidding?
Not siding with either of you here, but the overwhelming evidence is that this "duped items can't be placed on vendors" notion that the the devs have sold us is at the very best a half truth, and at the worst a farce. I have asked several times in threads for a dev to comment and clear this up, and they have not. I can place "real" glad collars, LT sashes, godsman boots, 2 story statues, etc on vendors without issue, items that are known dupes. You requesting this from the seller is precisely the reason I would like the devs to comment, because if it's not working as they have sold it to the crowd, they need to speak up and clarify...

Bottom line - if you are operating under the notion that the "vendor test" will let you know if the item is a "dupe", you are probably about 50% right. And as your first grade teacher, I will remind you that 50% is still an F.

Last edited:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friday's Winner Was

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Congrats Gheed!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Not siding with either of you here, but the overwhelming evidence is that this "duped items can't be placed on vendors" notion that the the devs have sold us is at the very best a half truth, and at the worst a farce. I have asked several times in threads for a dev to comment and clear this up, and they have not. I can place "real" glad collars, LT sashes, godsman boots, 2 story statues, etc on vendors without issue, items that are known dupes. You requesting this from the seller is precisely the reason I would like the devs to comment, because if it's not working as they have sold it to the crowd, they need to speak up and clarify...

Bottom line - if you are operating under the notion that the "vendor test" will let you know if the item is a "dupe", you are probably about 50% right. And as your first grade teacher, I will remind you that 50% is still an F.[/quote

All that being said friend.

The bottom line is that if it did not go on the vendor it is a true Dupe.

Put some value into the fact that they are indeed checked and they do go on.

I agree that the Devs need to step up a bit on this but lets at least put some credit where it is do

Last edited:

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
I have items that will not go on a vendor and are 100% not dupes. For example, my 15Y reward robe for being a winner of the memorable moments contest will not go on. I claimed it with the redemption code and it has never left my backpack, yet it can't be placed on a vendor. :/

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have items that will not go on a vendor and are 100% not dupes. For example, my 15Y reward robe for being a winner of the memorable moments contest will not go on. I claimed it with the redemption code and it has never left my backpack, yet it can't be placed on a vendor. :/
And this is exactly why I feel that the rares community using this as a test is not wise, and am asking for clarification. As far as I can tell, it actually only "works" only for duped tokens.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
And this is exactly why I feel that the rares community using this as a test is not wise, and am asking for clarification. As far as I can tell, it actually only "works" only for duped tokens.
Aye I would like clarification after hearing Icq rumors about a way to get questionable tokens on vendors. . . . .Guess I'll post a request for verification in the Ask the Devs Section and hope for a reply. Not sure how much detail they would give since questionable people could try to use it for questionable things, or if they would answer the request at all.

Last edited:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I Just tried mine from the Memorable Moments Contrst and it went on, is your Robe insured by chance or personally blessed for you? If not perhaps email Mesanna about it to get it fixed since she sent out the codes [email protected]

Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Saturday's Winner Was

Lot 24 (rolled an 48) - There were 18 Bidders for that Lot. I rolled a 24 making, making Crown the potential winner. Unfortunately Crown did not supply the proper contact information, and is disqualified from winning Thursday's round.

No Winner Declared For Saturdays Roll :(