• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Every Bank Occupied???!?

N

Naisikras

Lately I have not had the time for WoW, so unfortunately I had to cancel my account to pick up a game that requires a little less effort in maintaining a character. Enter: UO. To make a long story short, I was very put off with the lack of community and basically having to search to find people to interact with. The EA UO population is very weak.

So, and I'll try to keep this within forum rules, I logged on to a new free shard that was just released and well, the best I could describe it, I was ...shocked. I could not even make it through brit bank without making a maze type pattern (due to push through). Every bank I went to had at least 20-30 people hanging out (EVERY BANK), including all the afk people that would have been 50 total easy...

I ran up to brit GY to start training, and there was I COUNTED at least 10-15 people running around being newbs like me.

The shard info was showing over 2,000 clients online. Granted half them were afk probably... these numbers just seemed astounding compared to what I saw on EA shards (including ATL). My question is this, I don't see what can be negative about tapping into a market like this. Your thoughts and opinions? I would like to steer away from classic vs. no classic talk, but just more of a simple, I guess... ecomonics question... again, how would you NOT want to tap into a market like this?

C

Capn Kranky

I have to agree with you on this. one or 2 FS I hit are crawling with players. I'll leave it at that but hope EA reps PM me and I will tell them why I play there and not here. <shrug>

Let's end this discussion now ... it's heading toward ROC violation if it hasn't already.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you logged on a free shard and saw everyone bunched onto one server giving the illusion of more players? Thats great, real great.

W

wee papa smurf

So you logged on a free shard and saw everyone bunched onto one server giving the illusion of more players? Thats great, real great.
Im with this guy, if uo merged all the shards into one we would see every bank occupied :pint:

N

Naisikras

You two are missing the point.
Im with this guy, if uo merged all the shards into one we would see every bank occupied
That may very well be so, but I was wondering with something so popular why would you not want tap into it. I guess the way the ran the numbers it wouldn't be good for them, who knows.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To make a long story short, I was very put off with the lack of community and basically having to search to find people to interact with. The EA UO population is very weak.
Well, I play on an EA shard, and I see a lot of community. PvP (perhaps not so much, but it is there), RP, PvM, etc. I play alone when i want to, and when I want to play with others, i have xero problems linking up with friends i have made since returning a couple of years ago.