• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ever wonder if the stories you heard about Siege Perilous were true?

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

Well come and listen as the Siege Perilous Road Crew tell their tales at the YMCA this Tuesday eve, and decide for yourself!

WHEN: Tuesday, June 27th at 7:00pm PST/9:00pm CST/10:00pm EST/(3:00am GMT - Wednesday)

WHERE: *The Yew Merry Center for All (YMCA) is a player-run, 'blessed', public large tower, located directly across the road from the Yew Cemetary, south of Yew, on the Felucca facet of Sonoma. As the only large tower in the area, it is easily recognized - if the benches and hedges out front do not otherwise give it away.

REMINDER: The YMCA is a neutral establishment, and all hues are welcomed...red, grey, orange, green, purple or blue. No aggressive acts towards other patrons are condoned on the premises. A caveat, however: this event takes place in Felucca, so please do not travel with anything that you cannot afford to lose.

WHAT: A traveling troupe of intrepid Siege Perilous raconteurs will be performing for your pleasure and edification. Stories, poems and song are likely, as well as answers to any questions you may have concerning the Hard Shard. Audience participation is welcomed as well (as long as any killing remains outside *coughs*), so feel free to bring your own works to share, along with theirs. Hint: Maddwg! The basic premise of the eve is to provide an opportunity to meet those from another land and have FUN in the process.

I hope to see you all there. It should prove to be great entertainment!

G

Well, heck. I'll hold off posting Episode 32 and 33. 32 is short, DS is up to no good again.

Wouln't miss it for the world.

Make sure the ale is stocked well.

G

Hail!

Aye, the tales are true! Apart from those which aren't!

I look, um, listen, forward to seeing, er, hearing ye all tonight!
Lock up thy GM armor - the citizens of Siege are coming!

R

Rapier

Hey, its not like anybody there didn't pretty much know it was going to happen.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me tell my story next time!

As we arrived an Orc by the name of Mo'Gluk was telling a wonderful story in Orcish.

Next Kal Vas Flam took the stage to tell a very boring story.

This is when I got upse. they wouldnt let me tell my story. They just ended all the fun

So I called in my guild to let it be known that I was upset. This guy was smart. lol hehe

Next

Banned?!?!?! WHY!!!!

Dead people make me sad.

Then some crazy man came to the door, our guild being upset about being banned quickly retaliated.

Now I have some Shnazzy new armor crafted by DOR!

the end

D

Dor of Sonoma

*grins*

Thanks for the screenshots! :-D

I forgot to get any.

G

Thanks to all who attended. It was a great night, with a good old fashioned Siege ending!

My thanks again to Dor for organizing everything.

Hoffs

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My story was about this guy who talks rubbish about real pvpers while he stealts around.

I wanted to tell my story about how Myself and some others helped out DES on a dungeon crawl lol.

G

Those are both good stories... but I think things ended more exciting this way

G

There's no denying it... that was fun!

Here's my version, if ye have what it takes to visit the .... *dramatic music* Siege Forums! *sounds of guy playing dramatic music being strangled*

Thank ye all for a fun night!

M

Mandolin

Nice job, Ron! Much better than my pitiful attempt last night..
You definately put the "Siege" in to a Siege hosted Story Night. Bravo!

Great stories, everyone.. hope you'll join us next Tuesday when Story Night returns to Siege Perilous!

T

Trinsauce

I feel kinda bad bout that lil Waka run in... But it was fun... The most fun I've had in a while in fact... Most people we fight run away... Yall stayed put and didn't run, and for that u get my respect... As for these other clowns that "pvp" regularly from a house, it's a sad day to say people who don't even pvp have more guts than u do...

With that being said my days of UO r pretty much through due to the lack of participation in the fun fun world of pee vee pee...

D

Dor of Sonoma

<blockquote><hr>

it's a sad day to say people who don't even pvp have more guts than u do...

[/ QUOTE ]
*grins*

A couple of points:

The majority of players on the roof last night *are* PvPers. They were just rather handicapped by being brand-new characters generated on Sonoma to participate in the event. Y'all just made them feel at home. :)

Secondly, there is no Sacred Journey or Recall on Siege. Players are not used to bailing at the first sign of trouble there...because they can't, and sticking around to fight is far more common.

<blockquote><hr>

With that being said my days of UO r pretty much through due to the lack of participation in the fun fun world of pee vee pee...

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, you might consider checking out the scene on Siege, if that is the case. Sure, it has its share of zergs and chest-thumping and some arty fans...but there are no Trammel zones and no insurance, and the mindset is just different. As trite as it sounds, it's more about skill than items there - or at least insofar as that's possible since the Age of Sh**ems. Many claim that Siege Perilous was/is their last stop on the way out of UO, but many found enough to like there to rethink leaving the game and stay on.

C

Calell

And that crazy Sam-bunny going 'Oh, we're in Luna and we're blue...no one will kill us' right before I see 'Sam: I was killed by...!' in party chat...mmmhmm. Definitely a different 'feeling' lol VMP gave me a warm welcome as well one day

G

Hehe

I play a pure crafter template on Siege and I don't run there either.

I just think it was extremly handy that the Y is located right in front of the Yew cemetary. Heck, after I was dead well... I just jogged dead, across the road and proceeded to bury myself ! Quite a convenient location that YMCA.

HAHA

Twas fun yall !

Clementine

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, The idea of siege appeals to me very much, then I log in and try to work a character but it is so hard to get a character up that it makes it not fun for me. I like my artifacts and bank full of insurance, But if I had the time or could somehow get an advanced character token on siege (wouldn't that be nice.....) then I would definatly play. I might go there someday if I really loose it here with PvP......

G

I'll go play with you's Jonneh :p ICQ me 145610632

btw nice blog lol

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would play seige but I dont like that RoT(ten) system for skill gain. I dont feel like spening an age to level up a guy on there.

I didnt even realize how old this thread was. Oops!