• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Events, & Items from them, how does it work?

G

Hail: having missed all events, except this one, How do you get event items? Do they spawn in your pak, or loot on monsters, or just on the ground to pick up?

What stops someone from not fighting, and just running around looting event items?

Thanks.

G

you will know when the rest of us know. when the event happens!

G

Well, I assume there will be monsters, and I assume that on them will be the collectible loots that were mentioned.

I got my only event super rare (corroded manacles) of of a corpse back in the day. So I would guess on the corpses.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You simply picked the rubble up of the ground after one of the light demons exploded

G

Or, like me, two of them explode right next to one-another at the same time. Hee, everyone got thrown one way, and me an' my black palm tree got hurled the other way together. It was fated to be for me.

My guess, for this one, is a mad looting scramble through the corpses you and twenty other players all got rights to...

G

The item goes in YOUR instance of the corpse you pick it up and insure it easy.

G

Sweet! That's good news. Better go lag on now. Yes, I said lag on. My ISP seems to have decided it would be funny to multiply my usual 10-20ms ping by 10 or 15 times today. That, or the stupid self-inflicted blackout nonsense has affected the FrontierNet?

It's not like the coal-burning noxious-fume-spewing powerplants will shut off for that hour along with you; they will keep on burning and belching, and the energy you would have used will simply charge up a few giant capacitors that'll discharge into the massive current draw you folks all powering back on en masse will cause; you achieve nothing but saving yourself a few dimes on the next utility bill.

But go ahead and turn off your lights tonight ... then drive to work in your fossil-fueled earth-killer the morning after tomorrow.

Yes - I know I abuse my right to use dashes in my textual communications and apply them excessively - so what?

K

KingSidhe

I got a planeshield, a planesword, and a thread of fate as loot on corpses from my kills. Anyone know what the thread of fate is used for? Do you make something with it?

I

imported_Hanna

Your probably too late all the spawn has been trpped in building for over an hour, except for the occation every 10 minutes 1 spawn.

G

They opened up the doors on Legends about an hour ago and all hell broke loose. Then the shadow lords spawned and fun really began. I got Sword, Shield and a Cloak of Corruption.