• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Event* UOGuide Beta Boat Adventure - 9/26 7:00PM EST

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Date: Sunday, September 26, 2010
Time: 7:00PM EST
Location: High Seas Test Center, gathering at West Britain Bank Trammel

Come chill with some folks from UOGuide as we fool around in the beta test. We will kill some pirates, maybe do one of the new champion spawns. Maybe have a fishing contest.

You will need to have the Adventures on the High Seas beta client installed. Meet at West Britain Bank on the High Seas Test shard for gates to the boat and/or Docktown.

Hope to see you there!

PS - make sure to bring your own cannon balls and firing equipment. We will try and stock pile some, but it is sure to go fast.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event is about 4 hours away.

If you are coming please bring cannonballs, grapeshot, charges, match cord, fuse cord and matches. It is taking a bit of time to make and I am sure we will run out.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did this go? Do you guys have any screenshots?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We sort of beat them to it, I think. There's a video Watchertoo took of us capturing the pirate post up in the bounty board sticky :)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We didn't capture any pirates.

Here is a summery of what happened. I have captured video I will post later.

1) Gated everyone to a classic boat and got them accessed to my Gargoyle ship.
2) Sailed off and encountered a Merchant Ship. Killed it, got it down enough to board and looted. No one mentioned getting anything good.
3) Tried out the "Start Tracking" feature. I didn't know it also tracked player ships so it was not useful with so many player ships around.
4) We sailed from the Sea Market down to Fire Island looking for pirates. But there were none. We stopped to pick up more passengers. I found out even if you party someone, it won't let you gate them directly on to your boat.

5) We continue sailing towards Jhelom looking for pirates.
6) About halfway there we found none. So I decided to toss a fabled net to try and bring up the lobster champion. He came up first one.
7) Virtually our entire ship of about 12 people die. I sail away to resurrect them. We decide to give it another go but can't find him.

8) Someone says they are killing the champion on the Mysterious Island. We all leave to go there.
10) We kill that spawn and champion. He drops absolutely nothing, which disappoints everyone.
11) We decide to give lobster champion another go but this time next to land.
12) I end up crashing and continue crashing every time I try to login.