• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Event Shard Recommendations

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've been in the process of building out characters on each shard for events. I currently have a character on:
  • Atlantic
  • Lake Superior
  • Great Lakes
  • Chesapeake
  • Catskills
  • Pacific
  • Sonoma
  • Napa Valley
However, I'm now having difficulty selecting shards - so wanted some feedback from the community here.

My next toss ups are:
  • Baja
  • Lake Austin
  • Drachenfels
  • Europa
The only caveats with these shards are when the events occur. Baja and Lake Austin appear to be mainly on the weekends (from what I've seen), and Drachenfels and Europa are at earlier times during the week when I would be unavailable.

I'm leaning towards Baja / Lake Austin, knowing the fact that I would only attend them if I had the extra time, whereas the other shards that I am currently on I try to attend as frequently as possible.

Also, any thoughts towards the Asian shards? Haven't done too much research yet on this.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. :D

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja is good and reliable. good story, well thought out plot but not super long. Europa and Drachenfels are hard for me because they are miday (i am eastern time zone US player) Europa seems to vary but Drachenfels used to be mostly on sundays. Im not sure if there is a new EM yet for Drach so that would also be worth looking into. Asian shards are hard to do because of the time zones and most arent translated. EM hanarin/arirang is the only one i know of that translates.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Baja for sure. It's not even a question for me. The EM is great, her stories are easy to follow, she enjoys player participation, she can be counted on for regular events, connection is decent (mine is I can't speak for yours), and there aren't a brazillion people there (yet).

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok - Baja it is.

Thank you all for your input.

If I were to pick the next three shards, do you agree with the ones specified?

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the 11 shards i do are all the ones you mentioned aside from europa. i have no real input on the others. i know origin just got a new EM so that one may be good. I would have certainly recommended Drach a few months ago but who knows how the new EM may be, may not translate to english? i dont know. LA has started to be pretty consistent with events the last 2 weekends of the month, normally on saturday, but the one this week is on friday. id say just get mythic tokens and build up guys for any possible shards you are considering. if you receive just 1 drop from them it should make up for the value of the mythic and character development. can greatly outweigh that cost if you get a really nice drop :)