• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

event char help please...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies with the EMs basicaly giving away 3-500 m gold drops each event i find i cannot compete any longer in buying markets/..... as others have gold to burn so buy whatever the price like gold is water

ive tried em events on a mage and necro mage with little or no success.. my tamer and sampire tadge better

however iam told archers or throwers is the best!!! input please.....

my qustion is

necro 130/10/ 135 and 120s in eval/mage/med/necro/ss / resist
steath mage 130/10/135 ... and 115 eval/mage/med/resist 100 heal 100 hide 100 stealth

which is easier to change from 2 above //// to a thrower or archer or are neither ...shall i stick with the tamer or samp

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Don't have an answer to your particular question... but wanted to weigh in to say my Mystic Mage Spellweaver has been very successful at EM events and I have gotten several event item drops using this toon. I have Magery, Evaluate Intel, Mysticism, Focus, Meditation, Resist Spells and Spellweaving on there. I use Crystalline ring, Obedience belt and the Mystic's Memento talisman to get some extra skill points. I also usually have a Scrapper that has either Meditation or Resist (or both) on there when not using one of my Super Slayer Scrappers. Aside from EM events, this is my most versatile toon that I can generally take to do just about anything. You can throw up EVs, RCs or Reapers, cast Arcane Empowerment and Word of Death for heavy damage dealing death blows, use Gift of Life for self-rezzing, and have a full slate of other elemental spells to cast depending on the situation.

Good luck!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't do many EM events but read you can get a drop just dying over and over on a noob char. Maybe taking damage or something gave you a drop chance? Is this true?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't do many EM events but read you can get a drop just dying over and over on a noob char. Maybe taking damage or something gave you a drop chance? Is this true?
Yes it is true......and no you dont need a new template....you just need to multi box 6 noob accounts

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be brutally honest, I don't think your template is the issue THP.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you need throwers and use 3-6 of them at once to up those odds. Thats what people seem to do that get lots of drops. just look in the rares forum and see who sells drop after drop, i bet they are multiboxing

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
well one of the biggest mistakes the devs have made. as more multi chars appear, around same amount quit. wish they make 1 to 3 drops only and kill the multi accounts lol. I'm still in shock with the direction the devs are taking. no comment

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
you need throwers and use 3-6 of them at once to up those odds. Thats what people seem to do that get lots of drops. just look in the rares forum and see who sells drop after drop, i bet they are multiboxing
Maybe a couple folks are, but I very much doubt it is a substantial amount of people.

No one in my guild multi-boxes the EM events and we frequently will have a handful of people who get drops. Almost none of them participate on the rares forum either. There seems to be these conspiracy theories about who gets drops at EM events and I don't see much proof in the pudding. That's not to entirely say it doesn't happen, but it's certainly not necessary for getting a drop.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play one account and get drops quite frequently. All you need to do is achieve looting rights and you have a pretty good chance at getting a drop.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My sw/mystic/mage also gets drops, however ONLY when the offshard multiboxers are not present, as soon as they show up, my client generally crashes and/or siezes up so I cannot move or do anything. Last few events on Oceania when they showed up that has happened each and every time. As soon as I see the names I should just log out an not bother to save myself the frustration. Reporting these people makes diddly squats worth of difference. Instead it is just sieze and crash, event over. When they aren't there I am fine and will get a drop every so often.

Thing that gets me is you see them move their character with the 'other toons' in tow, and it is as obvious as the nose on my face what they are doing, and who they are, but seems no one is concerned or will do zip about it.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My sw/mystic/mage also gets drops, however ONLY when the offshard multiboxers are not present, as soon as they show up, my client generally crashes and/or siezes up so I cannot move or do anything. Last few events on Oceania when they showed up that has happened each and every time. As soon as I see the names I should just log out an not bother to save myself the frustration. Reporting these people makes diddly squats worth of difference. Instead it is just sieze and crash, event over. When they aren't there I am fine and will get a drop every so often.

Thing that gets me is you see them move their character with the 'other toons' in tow, and it is as obvious as the nose on my face what they are doing, and who they are, but seems no one is concerned or will do zip about it.
I don't think it's the fact that people are 'not' concerned. People day in and day out have complained about it until they are blue in the face. The reality, from what the Devs stated at a Meet & Greet, that it is near impossible to fix it to where they cannot multi box. Yes, you can page on them, but the software they use is undetectable - or at least that is what was said at a Meet & Greet a few months back.

On the subject of the lag issue, from my experience and the observation of friends that go to events, the people who multibox don't cause the server to lag or cause other people to crash. I honestly think your issue isn't players but computer mechanics. If you are crashing at events on Oceania, where the EM spawns 2 monsters at a time and there is maximum 20 people there - there really isn't anything going on that should crash you.

And of course, I too could be wrong. However, from observation and experience at events, I can confidently conclude this.

I go to events on all servers. I've been doing this for about 6 years now. And no.. I am not the stereotype 'cross sharder'. While I do events, I also play the server with friends I've made on the selected server. At least once a week I always see players complain to the EM or about the event itself that they crash due to the game. While the game server is pretty slow, most of the time when someone crashes it is due to their own error.

I know because I too have been in those shoes. I always would complain because I crash at events. It was until I bought a new computer did I realize, "Hey... it was me after all."

Either way, if you're crashing on Oceania, I would assume it isn't the game, EM, or other players error.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A tamer / spell weaver or a archer or thrower work best. I play a thrower and do ok on drops. Out of 7 shards I usually get about 2 or 3 drops a month on a single character. Make sure you got at least 140 hp and carry pots. I also run about 10 to 15 mana regen so I can get more armor ignores off.

If your laggin really bad and losing connection it's probably your computer. I built a new computer about 10 months ago and it fixed a lot of those issues. Cut down on the lag some and I've only lost connection on the boss a couple times in the last few months.

My biggest problem is when the boss goes down fast. It's hard to sort all the red bars from the summons and the boss and u don't get looting rights . This is mainly my fault tho . I know that the EC is better for this but I can't get past the way EC looks so I play CC.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
on sonoma i use a tamer. on chessy i use an archer. other shards are done on a mage. i occasionally get a drop.

my drop rate would be signficantly higher if i multi-boxed on 6 newbies.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get an SSD drive, put Ultima Online on it....no lag

I go to just about every event and I use one character on all but two shards, a Spellweaver mage. On the two shards I use the weaver/mage and a tamer. I get lots O' drops on both.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i know some of the advantages of SSD drives, but how does it improve uo performance?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmmm i seroiusly doubt this is true or i would have had a lot more drops from the events i have done!! i die a lot ..lolz so no this cannot be true just a silly rumour started to try make out anyine can get a drop!!

not a lover of the events mainly due to massive lag...but cant see how i can comptete in even the double exeptional market without trying to get a golden drop form time to time for leaverage...so think i need make a better event char....

was simply asking out the 2 chars .. the mage or the necro which would be easier to change to a so called event char/
.... reading throught some of the posts i looks like maybe a mage spell weaver or a mage archer?? is a mage archer even possible

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmmm i seroiusly doubt this is true or i would have had a lot more drops from the events i have done!! i die a lot ..lolz so no this cannot be true just a silly rumour started to try make out anyine can get a drop!!

not a lover of the events mainly due to massive lag...but cant see how i can comptete in even the double exeptional market without trying to get a golden drop form time to time for leaverage...so think i need make a better event char....

was simply asking out the 2 chars .. the mage or the necro which would be easier to change to a so called event char/
.... reading throught some of the posts i looks like maybe a mage spell weaver or a mage archer?? is a mage archer even possible
Mage archer? Yes. Mage/Eval/Archery/Tactics as your base skills. Leaves you about 240 skill points (if you take tactics to 120) to do what you will. Since it's events only, you probably won't need healing. Bushido/Chiv maybe?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's true, I've seen multiple people do it. Literally all they do is let the boss kill them, get ressed, let them boss kill them again, get ressed, etc. for the entire event. It actually works surprisingly. The game decides looting rights based on a combination of damage, healing, and deaths. So if someone has a ridiculous amount of deaths (like 50+) they are able to get looting rights sometimes which means they get a chance at getting the drop too.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would you ask for help and then deny the help given? Like seriously.... It's all how you play the game. If you suck, then yes, this all may seem like 'lies' but if you truly tried to play at the events, then you wouldn't think so.

When the new system came out, I was already trying to discover the boundaries of it. On shards that I DO NOT have a character on I always used a new toon. It started off to mostly go to events with friends and enjoy them - then it turned into discovering a new aspect of the event system.

Listen to me careully @THP

I went to an event on a freshly made character and got a drop because the damage ration I received was enough to gain looting rights.

So no... it's not that you have to change your player template. It's that you need to learn how to play your current template and the game itself. If you deny what I am saying, then honestly, why even post a damn thread asking for help when you reject it?

And might I add again that the notion that not anyone can have a chance at getting a drop is just STUPID. Yes... stupid. Once again... if you at all invested time into learning the new system, that thought process would change quickly.

ALL you need to do to get a drop is get looting rights on the boss. Plain and simple. If a new toon can do it.... than any template in the game can do it. Once you get looting rights, you have a chance to receive a drop.

Think of it from a logical standpoint. If this isn't true... then why the hell do people multibox barely trained characters? It's not like new players are the new top damagers.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. Members or my alliance are always getting drops and we all play established characters, no multi-boxing at events. My characters and equipment are quirky and nowhere near challenging for top damage, but I do heal and res a lot, supporting other alliance mates and others in general and I get my fair share of drops.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would you ask for help and then deny the help given? Like seriously.... It's all how you play the game. If you suck, then yes, this all may seem like 'lies' but if you truly tried to play at the events, then you wouldn't think so.

When the new system came out, I was already trying to discover the boundaries of it. On shards that I DO NOT have a character on I always used a new toon. It started off to mostly go to events with friends and enjoy them - then it turned into discovering a new aspect of the event system.

I went to an event on a freshly made character and got a drop because the damage ration I received was enough to gain looting rights.

So no... it's not that you have to change your player template. It's that you need to learn how to play your current template and the game itself. If you deny what I am saying, then honestly, why even post a damn thread asking for help when you reject it?

And might I add again that the notion that not anyone can have a chance at getting a drop is just STUPID. Yes... stupid. Once again... if you at all invested time into learning the new system, that thought process would change quickly.

ALL you need to do to get a drop is get looting rights on the boss. Plain and simple. If a new toon can do it.... than any template in the game can do it. Once you get looting rights, you have a chance to receive a drop.

Think of it from a logical standpoint. If this isn't true... then why the hell do people multibox barely trained characters? It's not like new players are the new top damagers.

+1 Confirmed, I was there.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i know some of the advantages of SSD drives, but how does it improve uo performance?
'

The SSD drive has no mechanical parts to it. This makes it super fast at retrieving data.

Or just buy all these parts, put them together and say goodbye to lag in any game again (Like I did foo!)

**On a side note been to two events since this build and I got drops both times. (Weaver/Mage)

CPU: Intel-Core-i7-6700K-4-0GHz-LGA-1151 Sky Lake
CPU Cooling: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240 CPU Liquid Cooler
CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full Tower
Power: Corsair RM1000i 1000W ATX12V / EPS 12V PLUS GOLD
Main Drive: SAMSUG 850 EVO 2.5" 2TB SAATA III 3-D Vertical Internal SSD
2nd Drive: Western Digital 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6GB/s 64MB Cache 3.5"
Mother Board: ASUS H170 PRO GAMING LGA 1151 Intrel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 32GB (4 x 8GB) SDRAM DDR4
Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Monitor: 34" Class 21:9 UltraWide® WQHD IPS Curved LED Monitor (34.0" Diagonal) 34UC97-S
Mouse: Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard: Razor Anansi

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
o_Oo_O
'

The SSD drive has no mechanical parts to it. This makes it super fast at retrieving data.

Or just buy all these parts, put them together and say goodbye to lag in any game again (Like I did foo!)

**On a side note been to two events since this build and I got drops both times. (Weaver/Mage)

Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI
Monitor: 34" Class 21:9 UltraWide® WQHD IPS Curved LED Monitor (34.0" Diagonal) 34UC97-S
Only one monitor... Weak!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's the fact that people are 'not' concerned. People day in and day out have complained about it until they are blue in the face. The reality, from what the Devs stated at a Meet & Greet, that it is near impossible to fix it to where they cannot multi box. Yes, you can page on them, but the software they use is undetectable - or at least that is what was said at a Meet & Greet a few months back.

On the subject of the lag issue, from my experience and the observation of friends that go to events, the people who multibox don't cause the server to lag or cause other people to crash. I honestly think your issue isn't players but computer mechanics. If you are crashing at events on Oceania, where the EM spawns 2 monsters at a time and there is maximum 20 people there - there really isn't anything going on that should crash you.

And of course, I too could be wrong. However, from observation and experience at events, I can confidently conclude this.

I go to events on all servers. I've been doing this for about 6 years now. And no.. I am not the stereotype 'cross sharder'. While I do events, I also play the server with friends I've made on the selected server. At least once a week I always see players complain to the EM or about the event itself that they crash due to the game. While the game server is pretty slow, most of the time when someone crashes it is due to their own error.

I know because I too have been in those shoes. I always would complain because I crash at events. It was until I bought a new computer did I realize, "Hey... it was me after all."

Either way, if you're crashing on Oceania, I would assume it isn't the game, EM, or other players error.
Actually it IS other player/s, as I said, when I see a particular bunch of chars, I KNOW I will lag up and crash. It ONLY happens when this 'group' show up, and it happens every single time. One char moves, and the other 3-4-5 move with them. All stand on one tile, all necro throwers. As for the devs not being able to 'fix' it as it is undetectable, sorry, but I once reported these dudes when they had 30 characters all standing on one tile in blackthorns, again, all necro throwers, I dragged all the healthbars off and took a screenie, this dude played day in day out and not only me but lots of people would go and watch. Wasn't rocket science to see the dude was obviously cheating. If these dudes don't show up, any EM event I attend is fine, even when I attend stuff on Atlantic I am fine. It is NOT my gear as I play on a new very high end machine. Anyways, not gonna get into an argument over it, I KNOW what causes my problem, I see it walk on the screen whenever I have it.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually it IS other player/s, as I said, when I see a particular bunch of chars, I KNOW I will lag up and crash. It ONLY happens when this 'group' show up, and it happens every single time. One char moves, and the other 3-4-5 move with them. All stand on one tile, all necro throwers. As for the devs not being able to 'fix' it as it is undetectable, sorry, but I once reported these dudes when they had 30 characters all standing on one tile in blackthorns, again, all necro throwers, I dragged all the healthbars off and took a screenie, this dude played day in day out and not only me but lots of people would go and watch. Wasn't rocket science to see the dude was obviously cheating. If these dudes don't show up, any EM event I attend is fine, even when I attend stuff on Atlantic I am fine. It is NOT my gear as I play on a new very high end machine. Anyways, not gonna get into an argument over it, I KNOW what causes my problem, I see it walk on the screen whenever I have it.
I honestly don't know what to tell you. I don't know anyone else who lags up when the multiboxers show up. I do not lag, nor do friends of mine that I play with daily and go to events.

Maybe you do lag when they enter your screen or maybe it is something else. All I can go off is my experience and my friends experience when going to events.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol not that I need another monitor with the 34" but I do have a Samsung 27
o_Oo_O
Only one monitor... Weak!

I use an ASUS 27" for all my comm stuffs (ICQ, TS,Skype, Vent etc.) but it was not part of my latest build, had it left over from previous ones

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok but the advice given is ok play a noob char die a lot and a lot more rez die rez die then get a drop maybe
or
make a better event char to compete for the damage end of the event...

iam not denying help...purely asking if a mage or a necro can be better improved for damage albeit a mage/necro archer or a mystic etc

and yes iam sceptical about noobs getting drops but there seems to be quite a few of the big boys and girls backing it up so i will have to take it as so...although in my own experiance were ive done events on a pure mage .. some damage and deaths quite a bit ...its never rolled a double 6 yet!!

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok but the advice given is ok play a noob char die a lot and a lot more rez die rez die then get a drop maybe
or
make a better event char to compete for the damage end of the event...

iam not denying help...purely asking if a mage or a necro can be better improved for damage albeit a mage/necro archer or a mystic etc

and yes iam sceptical about noobs getting drops but there seems to be quite a few of the big boys and girls backing it up so i will have to take it as so...although in my own experiance were ive done events on a pure mage .. some damage and deaths quite a bit ...its never rolled a double 6 yet!!
Any character that can achieve looting rights is a good character for EM Events. Yes, certain templates can probably achieve such rights faster but as long as you are getting the rights, then it is good.

On Atlantic, I run a Tamer/Mage/ Weaver

I target my dragon on to the boss mob (taming)
While casting spells (magery)
and then I word of Death at the end (spellweaving)

Very fast way to ensure looting rights. However, as mentioned before, as long as you are getting looting rights, then you're doing it right.

The examples on the noob characters wasn't geared toward advising you to go that route. It was merely an example of showing you how the system works in regards to the loot table. To get loot rights, it is based on a damage ratio. Damage taken, damage done, and damage healed. To get items on a noob character is very tough and is only about 15% achievable.
Hope this helped.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its good advice @Alexander of ATL.

trouble with my pure mage and necro mage is they are become near useless in town events......i have already taken some earlier advice and dropped some skllls and added archer 100 and tacts 100 to my 115 mage/eval/med ...gonna see if i can actually make a mage/archer work better/ more effective with 2 methids of attack and still good heal rez...not sure what else i need add skill wise but maybe someone can chip in.... guess also im gonna need more dex and less intel in the 130/10/135 stat mixture??? were neither mage had any dex

also resist spells yes or no....how effective is it

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its good advice @Alexander of ATL.

trouble with my pure mage and necro mage is they are become near useless in town events......i have already taken some earlier advice and dropped some skllls and added archer 100 and tacts 100 to my 115 mage/eval/med ...gonna see if i can actually make a mage/archer work better/ more effective with 2 methids of attack and still good heal rez...not sure what else i need add skill wise but maybe someone can chip in.... guess also im gonna need more dex and less intel in the 130/10/135 stat mixture??? were neither mage had any dex

also resist spells yes or no....how effective is it

Spellweaving, the word of death spell is your friend. If you can get a couple off at the end of the fight, you are almost guaranteed to get loot rights. Not to mention the instant Rez and the HoT.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
'

To the OP, what he said.

:)

As an aside, SS can take a wee bit longer to start/restart, but worthwhile. If you don't want to build your own, Alienware has some pretty awesome configs, high and lower end. Not long ago they had a pretty good deal on i7 prebuilt small gaming pc, if you had a separate monitor to use. Might want to have a look? Think I saw it for about 600 bucks!

Cheers!

PS Can't recommend a good mouse/keyboard enough!

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in case no one mentioned it; make sure you play on a character that was created on that shard

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
in case no one mentioned it; make sure you play on a character that was created on that shard
This is not quite accurate. The character will do just fine if you transfer to a shard and stay put. Either way you would start building up "points" from zero.