• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event announcement - 'Finding My Father part 2' Sunday July.24,9PM JST.

EM Nekomata

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hello all :)

Sakura event 'Finding my Father part2' will be held on Sunday July.24, 9:00 PM JST.
Meeting place: Sakura EM hall (37o 32′N, 172o 32′E ),Nujel'm,Trammel.

Continuation of the event 'Finding My father part1.A green goblin boy(RPC) found his missing father’s scribble note. He and you will try to figure out what is written. This scribbles becomes impossible to read a part of the character because the scribble was very dirty. You should guess the content of the scribble from little information.

The note:

Tra●●●●TerathanKeep Under●●
I●●●nar Sp●●●●●●Cave
Tokuno ●●●●●Lakes
T●●●●le ●●●●tous2●
●●●●s ●OO● 1F
Ter●●● Spi●●●●●Island
Il●●●●● 3Butterfly

Chat #JapanEMevent

see you soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

こんにちは皆さん:)

桜イベント「父を探してpart2」を7/24(日曜日)午後9時より実施予定です。
集合場所はトラメルEMホールです。
六分儀座標 37o 32′N, 172o 32′E

「父を探して」イベントからの続きです。
前回のイベントでグリーンゴブリンの男の子は父親が書いたメモを見つけました。
そのメモはとても汚れていた為、ところどころ文字が読めなくなっています。
彼と一緒にメモの内容を推測してください。

皆様のお越しをおまちしております。

Catarina_Skr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah! Nice to meet you EMs, I joined this scenario and I'm glad to help cute goblin boy!

Some points ... we need more good solutions. Most important point is communicate with Visitors.
First, I don't care for "Can't understand Japanese Players", so I thought so many bad manner players join this event. Ok, they can't understand Japanese, I try to communicate with them in English.

But EMs should follow up them, too. Most of wording in this scenario in Japanese, If you can't put on English wording, maybe they can't understand situations.
In game, Please put on more English!

P.S.
Takako is Great. Abscess is summoned by her. Goooood Job!:thumbup1:
This scenario focus SPIDERS. So many players care for only kill, they didin't care for killed.
We should care for "guard" more!

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah! Nice to meet you EMs, I joined this scenario and I'm glad to help cute goblin boy!

Some points ... we need more good solutions. Most important point is communicate with Visitors.
First, I don't care for "Can't understand Japanese Players", so I thought so many bad manner players join this event. Ok, they can't understand Japanese, I try to communicate with them in English.

But EMs should follow up them, too. Most of wording in this scenario in Japanese, If you can't put on English wording, maybe they can't understand situations.
In game, Please put on more English!

P.S.
Takako is Great. Abscess is summoned by her. Goooood Job!:thumbup1:
This scenario focus SPIDERS. So many players care for only kill, they didin't care for killed.
We should care for "guard" more!
hi
The guide in English agrees!
I think only the point is guided in English.
Some player questioned in English.
I answered them,but i dint know whether they understood my English.:lol:
I think that courage is more necessary than things of speaking English well.

Sadly,a few Japanese player complained to the announcement in English. :(
Enjoying it by all players is important. :heart:

I wanted more Abscess !:mf_prop:

Does this series finish?
The maiden of the spider is not found,to be continues?

Catarina_Skr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I answered them,but i dint know whether they understood my English.:lol:
I think that courage is more necessary than things of speaking English well.
Don't care^^
Sometime we Japanese use poor Japanese. No doubt. But this poor Japanese is enough for talk with native Japanese.
Yes, Our English little-bit .... "Simple", Just only simple. It is secondary language for us. Simple, but aggressive is OK!
No need Good, well, excellent English. Have you ever use "Excellent Japanese" ? :lol:

Sadly,a few Japanese player complained to the announcement in English. :(
Enjoying it by all players is important. :heart:
Don't worry! If Europe Trader comes and talk to them;
"I want to buy Your EM Rare by 10M gold, don't you have it?"
MAYBE, they suddenly use English.
AND... They will find it, If they can use English, They can sell it by high price more!

重要だから日本語でも書いておきましょうね
彼らもその内気が付くんじゃない? もしも英語が使えたら、EMレアとかもっと高額で買って貰えるように交渉できるって事に!

BTW, about scenario.
Yes, scenario has finished, but story has not.
I hope to help cute goblin boy and Get good result for him, goblina, and good goblins!

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My boyfriend and I have been coming to the last few of these because ...well we like events. I don't speak any Japanese so I just sort of follow the group and try and figure out whats going on. Most of the time I don't have a clue. When there are bad things to hit, I hit them. I miss out on all of the dialog which is a shame because they seem like they are totally different than anything you find on the North American shards. I don't expect everything to be in English when I go to one of these shards but that doesn't mean I can't wish to understand more.

I honestly find that normally the em's here do a good job at making it possible for "us" to fumble threw. Things like EM gating instead of just saying the location to go to, or one em staying behind to spam things like "down the hole" or "click the wisp". Without those little things there would be no way we could participate at all. So thank you.

If you do more in English....good for me....if you don't....I'm not going to complain. Its a Japanese shard, I don't expect people to speak English, just so long as everyone understands that if you come to Baja (my home shard) I'm not going to try and speak Japanese then we can call it even.

Ang

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am participating in a lot of events including American shards.
I am not getting on the track at most time . I do not understand English. The group is followed. because Though I work so that I will understand the content of event
Operation is slow of my Internet connection environment on American shards And some time lost group.
They might look like the problem of happening to Nistra.

When they happen, I observe and get a hint the used chat channel and asks where all or gate is demanded from the EM hall. Because I am ashamed of no understanding of English, courage is needed....

I am telling the place some friend only speaks English to ICQ on japan event.
However, I have a hard time when I do not understand the name of a place easily like the last event though it is told...

A lot of the number of intervenors ATL Yamato Sakura.
I think good work EMs for Corresponding to congestion and Smooth event

Semmerset I like to read your report. I can be amused

Thank you all.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND... They will find it, If they can use English, They can sell it by high price more!

重要だから日本語でも書いておきましょうね
彼らもその内気が付くんじゃない? もしも英語が使えたら、EMレアとかもっと高額で買って貰えるように交渉できるって事に!
It's ture :lol:

Nistra
I understand uneasy feelings not to understand the language well.
Please enjoy the event!

Semmerset I like to read your report. I can be amused
Thank you, blend!
Somtime I think, anyone dont need report?!:(
I report as much as possible!

Catarina_Skr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi Nistra, This is Catarina.
Before I don't care for you visitors from other shard, but from now on, I will try to help you English speakers.

Only follow other people and get something strange, It is not so bad.
BUT! if you find their stories, meybe you feel better experience!
Last time the Event that we got "Sence of Wonder" is not fit my feeling. It is difficult to say what goes on. (So never ask me where the Gentle and Lady Who loved each other!)

This stories are nemed 'Finding My Father'. Already it ran twice, First scenario report written by semmerset in ths forum.

I add on some sentence...
There were a dad and boy who to love and be loved.
Daddy is a kind of Adventurer. Sometime he goes outside of underworld.
He brings somwthing strange for his boy, and his boy loves his father.

Several days before, His father went outside of underworld, But he has not come back still now. someones think he dead. Of cource His Boy never believes such a thinking.
Finally, the Goblin boy determined to go to look for father who was gone.

The god of writing provided; The boy goes out to Quest, he meets the girl(Goblina).
It is a Rule of "Boy meets girl".
The god of writing a play gave Sosarian Goblin boy the grace! And it was so.
It was first scenario.
God bless them!

Last weekend, the boy went outside of underworld. there is a so long stories... So I forgot. His father goes some point of our Britania. Most of points are known Spiders nest. I guess he still checking something about spider. we killed so many spiders, and be killed by so many spireds ....and Abscess.
Finally, we and Boy found his father in terathan keep.
This is second scenario.

After found his father, we will back to underworld, Goblina gives some stew for his loved; Goblin Boy.
BUT! Someone take it and ate it!
I strongly claim;
DO NOT steal Goblina's gift for Goblin boy!
他人の恋路を邪魔する人は、馬に蹴られて死んじゃえ!(ドレッドホーンに殺される呪いが降りかかります)

And this point is very important.
If some "visitors" can't understand stories, sometimes they does Unsuitable action for the story.

We don't welcome this kind actions, and never welcome to send away the visitors who came to join Sakura's event.
So, how to do?
Yes, we need more comunicate with you visitors!

P.S.
そろそろみんな、私英語下手ですから・・・って定型句取りません?
慣れてないのは文章で判るし、みんな日本語使う時に「私国語苦手だったんで・・・」とか「漢文なら得意なんですけどー」とか「古文は得意よ!」とか断ります?
英語でつらつらと文章書きながら、私は英語が判らないは流石にないでしょう!
せめてnot good at English 気にしないでも平気だよ。

ここだけの話、UOSSの色々なスレッド見てると、どうもネイティブの方も英語がきれいではない。 余り下手下手言ってると、嫌味に見えないかしら?

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening

I hope that with the language differences that no one thought I was complaining because I didn't intend to come across that way. If it did then my apologies because it wasn't intended. I have fun on the Japanese shards and appreciate the effort the em's put in.

Blend, my characters on all shards are named "Angelina" if you need help on the english ones, ask for me, if I can help you out I will, what are your characters names so I know who to look for? The slower internet connection definitely makes keeping up difficult although ours is pretty good.

semmerset I do read all of your summaries so please don't think they are unappreciated.

Catarina_Skr Thankyou for taking the time to write out the summary for me. I was not one of the people who rushed to grab the stew but I do understand why it happened. On most shards events when there is an item just for people to pick up - that's how they do it. They just put it on the ground in multiple places for players to pick up. If you enjoy role playing I can see how that would be offensive. If the "ps" notes were intended for me, then I'm sorry but I have been unable to find a translation program that works adequately.

Catarina_Skr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If the "ps" notes were intended for me, then I'm sorry but I have been unable to find a translation program that works adequately.
Don't worry, This part is for Japanese.
Everytime they add "I can't understand English" "Sorry my poor English" and so on.
Everyone can understand they are not good at English when they read their sentence. I think it is Unnecessary appendix. I suggest them we should cut off this appendix.

Most of Japanese want to use Excellent "Queen's English". (So every time they take care for grammar, spelling, word choice... like a poet!)
If they write down Japanese, most of them never take care for "Excellent Japanese". Maybe US people same. I checked some topics in UOSS, most of English is not so beautiful, but powerful and Comfortable.

No one care for our English is beautiful or not. :thumbup1:

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahhh thank you again for clarifying and I do see your point. I haven't written proper "Queen English" since I was in school (many years ago) Personally think it's admirable that you have a second language. I'm not good at languages. :)

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Evening
Blend, my characters on all shards are named "Angelina" if you need help on the english ones, ask for me, if I can help you out I will, what are your characters names so I know who to look for? The slower internet connection definitely makes keeping up difficult although ours is pretty good.
My character name is blend
When help is necessary for me and I will execute it.Thank you ang.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.S.
そろそろみんな、私英語下手ですから・・・って定型句取りません?
慣れてないのは文章で判るし、みんな日本語使う時に「私国語苦手だったんで・・・」とか「漢文なら得意なんですけどー」とか「古文は得意よ!」とか断ります?
英語でつらつらと文章書きながら、私は英語が判らないは流石にないでしょう!
せめてnot good at English 気にしないでも平気だよ。

ここだけの話、UOSSの色々なスレッド見てると、どうもネイティブの方も英語がきれいではない。 余り下手下手言ってると、嫌味に見えないかしら?
haha
I posted other forum,a person response he didnt understand.
Afterwards, I added signature "sorry my poor English".
Useally,I use transefer site at post.
Japanese→English→Japanese, last Japanese is strange when I change first sentence.
I do not use transefer site in the conversation.

I play in Atlantic,I like my guild!
Sometime I have the impatience that cannot be spoken.
My friend corrects my English. :D
I want to believe that English progresses little by little:heart:

Nistra
:heart:
I report as much as possible!

EM Nekomata

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hello all :)

I am sorry for the answer's slowing.

Honestly, during the event EMs have a lot job to do.
so it is difficult to take care of those visitors satisfyingly.
we need your help.
we hope that Japanese players and visitors become friends and helping each other on our shards and their shards.

If the Japanese players who can speak English helps the visitors who doesn't understand Japanese, it is welcomed.

Of course, regardless of the Japanese or the visitors, players that do an inapposite action will be asked to stop it.

Catarina
the goblina's stew was prepared for everyone, so it was ok to grab and eat it.
I wanted to see players who ate the stew became rot worms..maybe I should try it next time.

Catarina_Skr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Nekomata-san

Yes, I hope some "PC" became a rot-worms... It is correct reward.
In other words, maybe you feel grab and eat it are "Not good" actions, so we want to be a rot-worm as a kind of punishment.

I Catarina am the Lady of gentle, so I don't hope they get "correct reward".

P.S.
However, it is necessary to prepare firmly. Please do it, Nekomata-san!

EM Nekomata

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Catarina

I never thought that becoming a rot worm as a kind of punishment.
It is just fun :)
Don't you think so? :D

Actually I prepared 100 stew for that event.
But I did not have enough time to serve those to players, sorry!

(゚д゚))))))~