• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed [EVENT] A Fistful Of Scars

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2/19/2019 – Report provided by Dev Cortair.

My dear Shamino,

The following recounts events in Jhelom, a town in much turmoil. While this city has always been known for producing fierce warriors, the control of it was never relinquished to one fighting faction or another as it was kept in check, balanced, by equally strong guilds, the Brothers in Arms currently led by Rolf and the Hand of Death led by Rufus. However, there now seems to be an usurper, one called Vasuki, who leads a guild known as Library of Scars.

We traveled to Jhelom and met with Keith, a member of Brothers in Arms with whom we were already acquainted. He told us that their guild leader, Rolf, was now exhibiting the same symptoms that we had encountered among the band of pirates a week prior, e.g., increased strength and a belief that they were indestructible. He knew where one of the afflicted was at the moment and asked that we follow and observe this person, Tremain, to perhaps glean clues as to the origins of this affliction. Finding Tremain in a local pub we waited until he left and followed him, trying to be casual and remaining in shadows. We were, however, at times accosted by brigands and forced to defend ourselves. Eventually Tremain approached a hooded priest and they made some sort of exchange with Tremain exclaiming loudly that Rolf needed “more”.

The priest left the area and once again we followed Tremain, ending our walk at the north end of the island where Tremain met with none other than Rolf, who was clearly enraptured by whatever it was that was affecting so many on the island. While Rolf and Tremain talked another figure appeared, name of Vasuki. Seeing this person enraged Rolf and for good reason as we were to find out later. It was somewhere during a heated exchange, I believe, that we learned the name of the potion that caused the distortions of personalities in Jhelom. It is called Serpent’s Dream and we also learned that Vasuki is the guild leader of Library of Scars, whose intent is to take over Jhelom. Indeed, Vasuki claimed to have just come from the Brothers in Arms guild hall, where he and his crew had decimated all there. Whether Rolf and Vasuki fought, or what became of Tremain, I’m sorry to say I do not know due to us suddenly being overrun by a company of brigands, and all was confusing. When finally all brigands lay on the ground we rushed to the Brothers in Arms guild hall.

At the guild hall we found Keith, bruised and bleeding, among his fallen student brothers. Rolf came in and, I’m sure with partly the force of the potion still in him, was so dismayed at the turn of events that he punched the wall, producing a sizable crack along the doorway. Keith retired to tend his wounds when we noticed one named Jonny outside by the firepit. This, Shamino, turned out to be great fortune for us as Jonny seemed to be privy to much information.

As you mentioned, Shamino, there was a balance of power that kept all in check in Jhelom. Things may have been a bit shady, but it worked for that town. That Vasuki and the Library of Scars wants to control all is concerning, but I am also having some concerns with Rolf. It seems that he believed the potion to be a fine idea as it’s powers would give a great advantage over the Hand of Death. Hopefully, as it effects wear off he will come to realize it does more harm than good. Rolf has good reason for his hatred of Vasuki, the scoundrel had murdered Rolf’s son.

So, it seems we have maybe two puzzles to solve. First, how to dissuade Vasuki in his quest to take over Jhelom and second, how does that mysterious priest and his Serpent’s Dream concoction figure in all this. If he were part of Vasuki’s plan why would he give such a powerful potion to his enemies?

And lastly, dear Shamino, a request from Jonny. One named Geoffrey, Sir Geoffrey, is like the patron saint of Jhelom, much revered by the people there. Jonny feels that perhaps all turmoil in the city can be resolved if Sir Geoffrey would return. The problem is that none are able to locate him and we assured him that we would request that you take on that task. Even a legend like Geoffrey would not be able to hide from you, I think.

As always
Respectfully
Dev Cortair

Continue reading...