• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Even more Sampire Questions

Perma Fried

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Giving a sampire another go. Here's what I'm thinking along with a few questions.

swords 120
tactics 100
resist 100
necro 100
bushido 110
parry 110
chivalry 80

Got a decent suit and will be using a 1 handed AI weapon with HML and HSL so I can also chug heals, str and dex pots.

After reading Lynk's write up I am confused about a few things.
1. What purpose, if any, does Chivalry serve other than casting EoO when you're finally 1on1 with a boss monster?
2. What exactly are you using Bushido for since parry is so low (assuming evasion is never being used) Is it simply to honor the monster? Are you lightning striking? I'm guessing no since the temp is based around AIing nonstop.
3. Does the human JoAT no longer apply to the reduced mana cost of having 300 in the appropriate skills?

Been gone a few years, but keep hearing that 85 chiv is the new 60. Couldn't find anything about that, so what are you referring to? I guess I'm wondering if Chiv is really neccesary in a Sampire template.

Thanks,

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok Bushido gives you perfection which helps with damage. There is also confidence which will help you heal if your in a bind. Momentum strike is great if its just two foes. Bush helps determine the damage of your whirlwind attack. I allows you to do certain specials. Evasion is great when your in real trouble or to learn to time to avoid damage. Human JOAT does not apply to the mana reduction. Chiv needs to be at 85 to be 100% effective and you gain points from going higher that is around 3 patches ago. Chiv gives you consecrate weapon, enemy of one, sacred journey, your only way to cure poisons in form, the ability to get rid of summons, remove curses and provide healing. If your high enough holy light can some times (very rarely) help clear some of the lower end but I think whirlwind is better for that.

Perma Fried

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Chiv needs to be at 85 to be 100% effective and you gain points from going higher that is around 3 patches ago.
Can someone please expand on this?

What do you mean 100 effective and please don't tell me it's related to casting success chance.

Is it a more damage thing or what?

Thanks,

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You need 80 chiv to get 100% chance to do damage against the targets weakest resist type when you use Concentrate Weapon.
You need about 85 chiv to get 50% bonus when you use EoO.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone please expand on this?

What do you mean 100 effective and please don't tell me it's related to casting success chance.

Is it a more damage thing or what?

Thanks,
CorwinXX has it right but he forgot to mention your chance at curing poison. That too is effected by your chiv as well. It will also determine what effects divine fury has on you. It makes a big difference in scaling this up so your probably going to want to go to 85.

Perma Fried

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the additional info.

I did look around, but only found vague phrasing such as "the higher your Chiv skill the better" which didn't tell me anything about what specific skill number is ideal.