• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EVE PVP

• Thread starter Lairkingo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lairkingo

How does PvP in EVE compare to more traditional MMOs (WoW or UO)?

O

OmnicronX

One thing you'll notice is that the pace of combat is much much slower. That said - it has an elemnt of strategy to it that you don't find it most games these days. Also there's real risk inherent in PvP that I like a lot.

I do wish that CCP would drop the one world idea and implement different servers with different rulesets (lots of PVP, no PVP, etc.).

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CCP will never have a "No PvP" area. The game is developed with the idea that PvP is everywhere in EvE and the developers like it. Plus having only one server is a big claim to fame and a big bragging right for CCP.

On the original topic; EvE's PvP has a great group element to it. Lots of coordination and tactics involved. A couple of different rule sets from High Security to No Security systems make the strategies change from location to location.

D

Devilengine

Ack! I hope they don't drop the one world idea. A fractured player base sucks.

B

Belmarduk

I do wish that CCP would drop the one world idea and implement different servers with different rulesets (lots of PVP, no PVP, etc.).
NEVER !!!!!!!!
It would not be Eve then !!!!
What makes Eve-Pvp more interesting is that one can lose a ship+fitting in 5 min where one had to work for, for weeks :)
Also if you are podded you might wake up an hours flight away - The battle is over for you that day... That makes it much more interesting ;)

T

Torrent_of_Fire

Yeah but how long can they keep it up? Eventually the population will get too biggg for one server.

B

Belmarduk

Prolly not. They will just add more boxes to the cluster.
Yep
MOAR SUPERHAMSTERS (TM)

Back in the days 14k were MANY players - Now we have more than double usually.CCP just adds hardware - They are not EA who doesnt give a damn about its players...

T

Traveller

As much as I am disappointed on how EA is managing UO, you cannot really blame the fact that UO is not easily expandable to UO mismanagement. UO and EVE have fundamentally different architectures. The one of EVE allows non limited expansion, it only imposes (severe) limits on the people that can stay in a single system (as jita shows). UO architecture is much less flexible, and only part of it depends on wrong design choices. The differences in the gameplay really make the EVE choice much more feasible for EVE than for UO.

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does PvP in EVE compare to more traditional MMOs (WoW or UO)?
Very cool. I go on regular small gang ops and duel other players (usually for a 5mil bet)
Compared to other games, i like Eve-o's PvP the best.