• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eve Online

• Thread starter StaticOnAtlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

StaticOnAtlantic

Man I been searching MMPORG's for a while, I just stopped a 3 months vacation from UO playing BY FAR THE worst game ever, wow. Jesus Christ what a horrible game.

ANYWAYS, I was thinking about giving EVE a shot, Anyone with any input?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Talk to Rico. Think he's been away from EVE for a while, but he was really into it before he started his new blog.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

im not listening anything that rico ever has to say ;).

Yeah just looking for something new. I think the only way ill come back to UO is the whole classic idea. BUTTT this is off topic so. :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You should look at Combat Arms. Free-to-play first person shooter, hundreds of thousands of players, constant action, short games, lots of fun. They have some hacker issues, but players can vote to boot other players from games. I'm enjoying it.

K

Kiminality

The thing with stuff like games is that you can't trust that anyone who tried to tell you whether it's good/bad is going to think the same things are good/bad as you do.
Last I checked, if you pick up EVE through Steam, you get a 21-day free trial (at that time, 14-day was the best anywhere else).

In light of what I said above, I'll meaninglessly add that I thought it was pretty good.

Either way, if you can spare the time to give it a good try, go for it. The worst that can happen is that you won't like it, and you'll have "wasted" a few hours on it.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EVE is great if you like graphical multiuser Excel sheets.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

You should look at Combat Arms. Free-to-play first person shooter, hundreds of thousands of players, constant action, short games, lots of fun. They have some hacker issues, but players can vote to boot other players from games. I'm enjoying it.
I play battlefield bad company 2 kinda fills that need to kill gap ;)