• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EVE Online, back on the board?

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Some time ago now, Stratics and Ravenant was split in two.

Stratics retained UO content, as you know - while the rest of the games wen't to the newly created Ravenant website, with the promise of prosper and conquer the rest of the interwebs.

Fast forward to today ...

Stratics has taken over Ravenant, as well as the content within.

Please let me know if you would like to see EVE Online, once again being supported by this portal - which it has for the past 10 years. Once again a fansite, which was a status only given to active portals by CCP games. Once again, perhaps a platform for hiring from CCP games, which is was in the past - in fact several times.

Some of you will know that I was once the only content contributor to that portal. I hope that with enough backing, we can turn that around. Since this is now my only platform for content, I have no other choice than to post here. So, here is my post. Bared of drama and general villainy. It just is.

Until it is either more, or less :)

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speranza and I can also use this as a place to campaign for CCP to add bananas as a planetary interaction commodity.
For too long we have had "Frozen Food" as a commodity. It's time to get back into a fresh food diet and starting with Bananas is the most logical place! After days being cramped up in a pod we need the potassium to work our muscles back into shape!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Vince

Here is a screenshot of the new forum layout, EVE is back on the main forum page!

Untitled.png

If anyone would like to join the Stratics EVE Online Staff team, please send us an application by clicking the application link on the main forum page, shown in the picture below :)

Untitled.png

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
There is only a minimal impact with the forum community, although I applore the change.
What is imperative though, will be the upcoming content system. Only then will we be able to bring back content and traffic.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is only a minimal impact with the forum community, although I applore the change.
What is imperative though, will be the upcoming content system. Only then will we be able to bring back content and traffic.
Do I fill out a volunteer thing like we discussed before?

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi Diomedes,

Last thing I heard before I left to create my own content portal was that there is no support for this game. If you want a place to publish eve related content just write me an email or PM :)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nothing wrong with posting them here at all. Vince was referring to how slow it is since it isn't supported. I would recommend posting them in his content portal as well. Vince always did a great job with Eve when it was supported.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I've taken breaks here and there from EVE, but still so love the game. Do you mean with the support they provide? It's unfortunate, but a solid fan base that exists. I would like sharing even if others may not play. I know before I did, it was always a good read to read about outlaws, piracy, ransoms and such.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Share as much as you like here, I just mean that it is not being actively worked on or promoted. It is open for those that want to use it. I know quite a few Stratics users that play Eve

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They say UO people are the best people. It would be nice to know what you're recruiting for though? Logistics, Miners, blah etc...
Karmafleet is a newbie friendly corporation based in Delve. We will teach you whatever you need to know to succeed in EVE without all the annoying restricts that EVE University places on their pilots. If you would like to learn more you can visit Space nerds unite • /r/Karmafleet and maybe one day I'll make a thread about it in the forum here.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha, where did EVE Uni come up?,

Well, I can't say I'm too new any more but ouch...2,969 members is enough to make my head hurt.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha, where did EVE Uni come up?,

Well, I can't say I'm too new any more but ouch...2,969 members is enough to make my head hurt.
EVE University is around, but they are pretty rule heavy so I didn't enjoy them. Karmafleet we let you make mistakes. We make fun of you for it, but we will teach you how to not do that again in the future.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was missed in that I know who EVE Uni is as I was lead to their board 7 years ago...which is still a youngster by some EVE standards. That said your corp has almost 3k members, which is way too many for my love.

I enjoy small pirate gangs.

It's kinda like UO you see. Some of the best PvP gangs were small like we were way back in 2007-2008 and even before. You could take on some of the biggest guilds in Atlantic, namely RK at the time and kill a whole slew of people.

I rather make a difference than be one of the blob.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's still possible to do that in The Imperium actually. I like to tell people new to the originzation that it's like a college campus. Your corporation is like your "dorm" they are the people you live with and while they may do things together you don't have to chill with them. Goonswarm is like the campus and all of our sigs and squads are the classes and clubs. These are the groups you join within the group in order to do what you like in game. You like scouting? Join the scout team. Want to do incursions? Join the Incursion Sig. Want to do small gang warfare on the door step of our enemies? I can give you three recommendations (well 2 if you don't like Anime). None of these fit your style? Make your own squad and find fellow people looking to do the same thing!

It's a great example of delegation of authority with allowing people to do what they want. If your little club get's successful you get funded by the alliance. Or if they are very successful (i.e. Miniluv) they fund themselves and even help out the rest of the alliance.

Now, this isn't a recruiting pitch. Do what you want in game, but don't think just because a group has over 5000 players doesn't mean there isn't something for your play style. There is no way 5000 nerds all want to play the game the same way!!!

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Alright will do. Anything wrong with posting guides on here? Somebody might like em! :p
Nothing wrong with bringing guides here!
The forums are just not the best place at formatting guides, and over time I have found that in this place - stuff like content, links, images and other resources that are part of the guide will dissapear, become broken or otherwise inactive.

Without pointing fingers, I can honestly say that I have lost more content on the stratics portal than I was able to bring live.

I think we can do a better job the other place and then simply crosspost the link.

If you send me the guide, you'll get the credits personally.
I can even provide you with a token writers fee in the form of ISK.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice review. I made a second Alpha account when the expansion came out so I've been through it on every race so far. I think it's a really big upgrade from what I experienced as a new player a year beforehand.

It has a couple of issues though. Especially the bit where it encourages the use of autopilot without explaining any of the reasons why it's often a BAD thing.

Also regarding the exploration career agent - yes it's awful. Exploration is one of my favourite activities but the career agent is terrible at explaining it to new players. It needs reworking completely. (I've also seen some people suggest a "newbie wormhole" in the past - I think that could be a good teaching tool.)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice review. I made a second Alpha account when the expansion came out so I've been through it on every race so far. I think it's a really big upgrade from what I experienced as a new player a year beforehand.

It has a couple of issues though. Especially the bit where it encourages the use of autopilot without explaining any of the reasons why it's often a BAD thing.

Also regarding the exploration career agent - yes it's awful. Exploration is one of my favourite activities but the career agent is terrible at explaining it to new players. It needs reworking completely. (I've also seen some people suggest a "newbie wormhole" in the past - I think that could be a good teaching tool.)
Agreed, a newbie wormhole would be a good thing.