• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Evaluating Intelligence] Eval/Anat Defense

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm making a new mystic/mage/weaver and have never used eval+anat for defense. I've got 40 skill points left over from using the crystaline ring so I've put them into anatomy giving 120 eval and 40 anat real skill. If I understand correctly this should give (120+40+20)/2=90 defensive wrestling. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something with this mechanic.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
That's correct. Though what is the other skill you have 120 in?

You obviously have 100 Mage, 120 Eval, 120 Mystic, 100 Focus, 120 Spellweaving, 40 Anatomy. If it's Med I'd say go 60 Med, 100 Anatomy.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
120 Mage (100+20)
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Mystic
120 Focus (100+20)
120 Weaving
40 Anat

95 sdi +arcane empower/reaper
6 fcr
100 lrc
40 lmc
208 mana
29 mr
140 hp
17 hpr
40 dci

I suppose I could drop med for more defense but 90 defensive wrestling plus 40 dci seems to be working well enough for spawns. The char is gargoyle so I'm mobile with RC and reaper summons unless I use reaper or stone form. The only time I get low on mana is spamming AoE spells for low level spawn.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Do you have FC or are you playing in Prot?

Given the suit and if you're using FC I'd probably drop Med completely for 60 Necro/60 Focus, then you could Wraith, Corpse, Omen.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Using protection. I've got a necro mage as well but wanted the mount speed with 5 slot summons from being a gargoyle. I suppose I could use soul stones to swap med for necro/ss depending on the situation.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using protection. I've got a necro mage as well but wanted the mount speed with 5 slot summons from being a gargoyle. I suppose I could use soul stones to swap med for necro/ss depending on the situation.
I like the flexibility with your setup, quite nice. Flexibility is what'll keep people guessing....creatures too if they could "think" like us in game. ha! >.>