• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

europe tour

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i was you id plan and navigate it yourself, as most of the places listed on the link you put up are TBH not places id want to see [again], im from england and have traveled almost all of europe.

It does depend alot on what you'd like to see, if you come to england london really isnt worth visiting unless you wana get lost in an over crowded city full of aragant people thats noisy and stinks of smog, there really is nothing to see there, apart from maybe the melinium wheel if you have $500 spare for a 20 minute trip on it! Youll get more pisssed off than enjoying london! Id go to bournemoth or brighton if you like the coast or the lake district if you like rolling hills, rivers and woodlands to explore.

Never been to irland lol even though its the closest to me! But im told to avoid the north and visit the south, its the real irland.

Europa id definatly do paris its a gorgeous city with the river and the ifful tower, nice restraunts, the people are nice and the food is exciting.

I wouldnt bother with brussels unless you like another london lol! Id go up into rotterdam or straight to munchen/munic [cant remember which] it has the river rine and beautifull outdoor.

Next stop would be italy, anywhere in italy is nice, go where its looks best for you, again city person outdoor person, coulture or archetecture.

Switzerland is nice, again id avoid the big citys and see the real country, lakes, river, mountains.

Spain, id avoid milan its another dirty city just in the middle of a desert! id also avoid the coast as its just torists and well... you can guess what thats gona be like, drunk people/fights and filth! Granada mountains or some sleepy little village inland so you get to see the real spain, Antquera is nice, laid back [i used to live in a village just outside].

Maybe its just me as i cant stand noisy smelly dirts crowded citys, if i travel i like the outdoors and seeing the real country im visiting ;)

Thunderz

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I can think that I can think of a few books that could and should be burned, but don't think they might not think that they think it is either !

You see it's all about balance... :p

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey LordDog,

A little more info please... how old are the kids and is the family outdoors oriented, like to drive and see from the car window, city let's take the subway to the tourist sights, go get lost in the mountains for a while or head to the beach kind of people?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kids are 16-24
we probably appeciate the mts the most.
i am sure we wont be going to the beach as we have that here.

wanting to see famous sites like eiffel tower and such natural places as cool mts.
we dont have to visit alot of countries but can be just a few if needed.

lorddog

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude... I'm pretty sure your beaches don't have topless woman tanning in the sun (france)

*lord Dog's wife is attacking you*

AHHH !!
*runs*

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still im not paying 2,000-4,000 dollars to go see topless women

well maybe not

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm... I wouldn't either... amsterdam sounds like such a better option...

let the kids do their shopping on red light street, you enjoy the cofeeshop quietly...

Did I say anything wrong ? :stir:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
funny day... sad ways...

Client Patch - 04/20 on uoherald hehe :talktothehand:

some things balance out each year, queendom is at hand once again.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you're going on an organized trip like that you don't need suggestions, you won't have time for them.
Just remember to try some GOOD beer in Belgium (damn you if you oder Miller someting lite...), get the lady into the right mood on your Rhine romantic thing, order champagne in Paris and take a LOT of pictures as you won't remember much of the whirlwind...

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of those trips...

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread reminded me of one of my favorite movies Eurotrip, don't mess with the robomen there...

[YOUTUBE]4aMD4uy-QGc[/YOUTUBE]

I did quite a bit a travel in my late teens - early twenties (am 26 now) from Hawaii and Mexico to Indochina and India to parts of the Middle East but I've never done the Europe thing. I did go to England for a couple weeks to visit some friends in York and Newcastle but that was the extent of it. The packaged trips are probably best and safest for travelling with kids but I'm used to doing these sorts of things on a shoestring budget. If you think of it please post some pics when you're back I'd love to see them. An old friend of mine called me up the other day and was asking if I'd like to go on a trip with him some time next year, maybe it's time to do something like this.