• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa- Where are all the TBs??

S

SilentFoxXy

Factions on Europa Shard

TB Commander ' Blitz' - message left on Europa forum for past week for contact with the Commander.....

Having played the game for over a year several of us decided to check out factions.

Loving Chivalry and honor we joined the True Brits.

We went looking for Minax /Shad or CoM to battle, found nil. So we went and killed faction allied monsters and earned our silver.

We stole ALL of the sigils, returned 2 to take the towns, but timed out due to connection probs on the others.

Most of us now rest between Rank 3 and Rank 5, and after todays escapades of capturing/corrupting/losing & retaking 4 sigils from deep within the Minax stronghold and then taking control of the cities, and a bit more monster kill ranks will be rising.

So now we know for sure there are CoM members about, and Minax, as the sigils have been very busily changing hands....as have the towns. This weekend at present TB hold 4 cities, with the other 4 not open for conquest yet.

But- We can not contact the supposed Commander. We have earned 80k silver to pay for guards, horsebreeder and vendors....but no Commander, we cant place anything.

The only TB er we have met has been of no help whatsoever, Knight of Codex , Ex commander apparently, he just laughed and recalled out (Gone ...with the wind) when I asked to be made finance/ or sheriff and if he would place some vendors and guards.....

So we wait until we can see the Commander, or one of us breaches level 6 and can run for office......

We would love to meet any True Brits on Europa shard, and learn more about this PvP with a RP storyline.

450-150-281

C

Clx-

As you've discovered, playing factions is pretty much pointless at present on Europa. Same goes for Drachenfels. This isn't going to change until the system sees a complete overhaul.

Even then, are there enough players left/will enough return for the system to be fun again?

R

Raj-Europa

So its you stealing back the sigils lol.......well just FYI currently we have 3 active players on the stone Me (thief) Jarad (gm of 555 core) and sang (whos abit of a mincer really) but anytime you wanna faction fight we are usually around the yew gate area.
Another point guards are going to be a drain on any silver you have and dont push gold out to the cities as it drains quick running reg vendors........
And yeah factions is dead but im sentimental (goes to watch Barneys flash movies again).

S

SilentFoxXy

Hi Raj

Thanks for the message

I would like to know who GALA is then?? as he has suddenly appeared as the new leader??

Alo, understand about the guards...thx for the tip

And thanks Raj will try n find you this weekend

R

Raj-Europa

The name rings a bell.......looks like somebody has started a guild and voted themselves into office maybe using some other random tb chars.
Who is your gm and what level are you within the guild ?
The commander voting opens pretty often so make sure your emissary status or above then atleast you can vote against gala.

R

Return2UO

<blockquote><hr>

We went looking for Minax /Shad or CoM to battle, found nil. So we went and killed faction allied monsters and earned our silver.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this bit work sorry

G

Factions is really only active on Siege.

Check the factions page on UO.com. You'll see that 5 of the top 20 faction guilds are on Siege - in spite of our being barely above the asian shards in population.

There's two reasons for this. Siege attracts those interested in a high-risk type of gameplay - and has a very high proportion of pvp'ers. Siege factions has a different Hero/Evil system which is kind of cool that gives factioners special abilities like 1 hour of monster ignore (awesome for tamers ), the ability to temporarily bless items, and the ability to dye them Hero/Evil colors which prevents your enemies from using your stuff if they kill you.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wierd.

The last time I looked at Europa Factions, about 6 months ago, Minax was almost totally dominant (in terms of numbers).

I didn't bother to rejoin TB as it looked as if I would be playing solo.

I'd love to see the raids of old return, but as a couple of people have said, there is no real incentive to join Factions at the moment.

What a pity that those wonderful battles are almost certainly going to remain just a memory on Europa.

*sighs*