• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa Slime Sighting Thread

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In preparation for when these lil fellas start popping up..please post here when you find a slime spawn location :)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eeeuwww..................slime....................:sad3:

K

Kiminality

I've looked, so far, in:
Ice Dungeon (and the area out the T2A exit).
Orc Dungeon.
Serpent's Hold (and the surrounding area).
Currently looking in Fire.

T

Tonto

I may be wrong but did it not say that the slimes would not be in dungeons. "Slimes are on the move! Driven out of their dungeons by the dark forces corrupting the land"
I have checked the area from compassion to yew so far and nothing. this was after patch and server downtime...

N

Narda Dag'thul

In preparation for when these lil fellas start popping up..please post here when you find a slime spawn location :)
As you wish! ;)

Fields West of Britain, Trammel. (17:20 gmt+1) Only greyish colours atm.

A few things to mention:

They are really fast, and I mean REALLY!
They are NOT attackable, at least in Trammel
They will you knock of your mount
They will poison you

Have fun!

T

Tonto

As you wish! ;)

Fields West of Britain, Trammel. (17:20 gmt+1) Only greyish colours atm.

A few things to mention:

They are really fast, and I mean REALLY!
They are NOT attackable, at least in Trammel
They will you knock of your mount
They will poison you

Have fun!
Thank you and your right their fast

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you and your right their fast

Looks like Dark Blue and Light Olive are the rarer colors today, others are shades of grey and shades of brown, that I have seen so far, if you stay within the guard zone you will not suffer damage from the poison etc.

1 Stay in peace mode to use the dyes
2 Don't waste energy running after them, they move VERY fast and teleport
3 Look for a crowd around one, usually one that has pet attacking it
4 Be patient, as it will cause you to get frustrated sometimes.

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So after I complete the quest i get the title 'Slime Hunter', how do I get to keep the dyes? Or do I have to be holding the item I want dying and then dye it real time off the slime?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None seen west of Brit nor at the Hedge Maze this morning (and with the lag from Australia I am not going anywhere dangerous!
(Edit: Nor around the Coliseum/Necromancer arena either)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Saunders, if you don't carry greater cure potions, these lil slimes CAN be very dangerous! Sure, they hit for 1 hp, but their poison bites and is hard to cure!!

B

Boogieman

They poison you - yes. But I didn't seem to loose any hitpoints from it, before I got off the subserver. They are not dangerous alone.
When they get to spawn in one of the dungeons, I guess their poison can be a problem because it prevents you from healing.

S

Seasseragh

Maybe the poison didn´t hit because you were in a guard zone at Britain Fields?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you need to have a quest going to use them as dye tubs? If so, where is the quest giver?

So confused...

K

Kiminality

The quest giver is in the bit outside the Jhelom docks, north of the moongate.
I think to dye things, you don't need the quest. The quest is just for "Slime Hunter" title.

K

Kiminality

So... I've been looking, and I can't find a one.
I missed the first, because I was busy :(

Are there none?
Or are folk just not spilling the beans?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can someone fill me in the whole point of the slimes please?? do i take a bolt of cloth and dye it off the slime itself?? or do u dye leather too or is it just cloth and cloth clothes??

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only dye enhanced items and arties :/
To dye you have to have the item in your backpack. Stand close to the slime and dbl click it and target the item you wanna dye.

Anyone found other special colours except dark blue and light olive?

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello peeps!

A few little things to add if i may be so bold!

Got back today from festivities, and on a random thought me cohort ms Polly looked into the olde farmlands t' west o' britain...
Lo and behold, a bunch o acid slimes!
Cor!

So about we ran, hither and thither, trying to dye a few odds and ends.
My that was tricky! A few broken last object macros, and a couple of trinkets chromatified, but not many.

Later through the evening, the following things appear to be relevant, and hopefully useful, unlike the pre-ambling-drivel :

I think there maybe two types of slime, the plain "Acid Slime" and the "Acid Slime (Coloured)"
The (coloured) ones appear a bit more agressive, which is useful, considering the following tactic seemed to work quite well for me :

Get a mount, as they are speedy.
Attack and run at the slime.
This gets it's attention, and quite possibly dismounts you.
But have no fear, for we are in a guard zone, and..

Once you have engaged in combat with a slime, do not give chase!
Remain still, and with a bit of luck it will wobble it's way back to ye!

Once you have a slime interested in you, it should keep coming back, you can click it to get a dyeing target, then wait for it to come back (the slime has to be on the screen for the actual dying) before you click the lucky recipient item.

So far, me likes :

Gold bricks!
Marties!
Doom arties!
Tokuno stealables!
Tokuno minors and majors!
Baskets!
10th anni drops - sculptures for example!!
Berserkers Scythes, Pyros Staffs!

Gotta try : lamposts, scrappers, Oak Deeds!

(not sure if scrappers will work as some other crafed-arties didnt seem to... oh and glacial staffs didnt either :( )

They also seem to change AI of occaision :
a running away mode
a teleporting mode
(these two seem to be independent and often combined)
a friendly mode (coming to attack you!)
a stationary mode (confused?)

Or something like that. if you are patient with one, sometimes they will just get stuck (trees/mountains/etc.) and you can dye repeatedly.

All a bit of conjecture and tips observation, but have fun, and if anyone can remind me where the actual quest for the title is, and how the title works(!) i will be grateful to ye!!!

Oh, and the deadly poison is fine in the guard zone, but as the ever helpful Mim Foxglove pointed out to me, leaving the guardzone will result in full-force-deadly-poison-ification!

:)

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm liking this bit of the invasion, as even my non-combat girls can get a 'Slime hunter' title :) (just wait till the poison wears off to leave the area). The quest giver is Lyla the Researcher in the North Jhelom docks offices, who gives you 3 bowls to fill with acid (double-click slime then click bowl), and then to return to Iakas at the Moonglow Zoo. KR throws up an error in the gump when you try to claim the title, but it's OK in 2D. http://www.uoguide.com/Pursuit for full details.

Oo, also, the marked colours seem to be 'dark blue' and 'light olive', but when applied to an armour 'set' still get overidden by the set colour on completion.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any sightings today??the 27th... cant see any at Brit Farm Fields..

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm exodus kinda put me off...have they moved or still in there today...maybe my stealther can get to the bottom of exodus in one piece..better in the brit field methinks!!!

S

Seasseragh

Maybe your stealther can... but the slimes reveal like nothing good

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard you can dye the mage set from the spring clean, is this true plz. Also if it is true can some one PM me if a red slime appears with details of where I can find it, as its the guild colour and I would finaly be able to wear my mage suit.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flame: as I understand it the dyes work on the mage suit as the Tok dyes did on thw virtue armour. You *can* colour the individual pieces, but when the suit combines, it takes on the "combined" colour, and then the pieces revert to default when you take off the suit.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ty for reply, it seems like a bug then that it reverts when full set worn perhaps, so if I get a chance I will try to dye it red and not wear it till I hear its safe, (if it ever is safe :))

T

Tane Darkbane

Any set suits will always change over to there combined colour when worn as a full set.
Darkwood armour does this as does the virtue armour set.
probably the best things to dye are :
Full suits (no stats) ready for imbueing
Wood pieces
dragon armour (silver dragon anyone)
Decoration artifacts ( the olive green lamp posts look great!)
The new hues have the name of the hue next to the slime
the dark blue looks really nice on weapons and shields

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most recent sighting, Chaos shrine, Felucca.

Can confirm, standing with them now.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's location is:

Doom, North West corner.

I'm finding shadow jump works pretty well for getting close to them, and it may be my imagination, but they seem to teleport off less if I wait a second or two beside them before I target them.

btw, if anyone is interested I now have 18 slime-dyed large beds in copper, agapite, shadow blue (I think) light olive and dark blue.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now: at the very end of the Yomotsu mine where the fire beetle spawns.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New location: Sorcerer's Dungeon, near Valor, Ilsh.

And new colours too! Very tricky though, party advised, or darn good bard. Blood ele, poison ele, lich lord & assorted minor undead.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Champagne Red, Deep Forest Green, Light Tan

For the results of using champagne red on a bed, hanging lantern, vase and small picture see my picture in Homes & Castles slime dye thread.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont suppose you could tell me how to get to this mystical place from the ish gate? What level are the little critters on? :bowdown:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorcerer's dungeon is near Valor gate. Turn West to the river, cross it, then follow it south. The area shown in the map is level 2.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that :), just so people know the slimes damge your armour pretty severly, they nearly broke my gloved so I went and got them reparaired and went back and they broke them again :(. Also I saw this on uo's website....

"All shards will be published during their next regularly scheduled maintenance. Here are the notes:

The Slime Event will be extended until January 24th.
Slimes will now switch locations every 3 days.

New hues will be available.
Barding deeds can no longer be colored with Tokuno dyes.
Barding deeds can no longer be recycled.
All swamp dragons with Tokuno dyed barding armor will be reverted to iron.
All dyed barding deeds will be reverted to iron."

looks like the pretty colored swamp dragons will get smurfed :(

R

RichDC

Has any1 noticed that these guys have the most deadly poison in the game?!?!

I went through 20greater cure pots with 50%ep and was still unable to cure!

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found that i get poisoned less when i teleport around them, if I run or walk or stealth they just go for me. I did try orange petals which dont seem to work I was not immune to the poison and was taking maybe 15-20 hps per spasm.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, unfortunately teleport/shadow jump don't work in the mine. Petals only work to level 5 poison, greater. This is deadly, only a potion or cast cure will work, and that sometimes fails too. I just died in there, and I was actually trying to get the vases! Luckily I had a gem of salvation on me.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry a little off topic but have you found that if you say No to using the gem of salvation it dissapears anyway? Is that a bug or supposed to happen?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That has been reported as a bug, but it's not been confirmed that it is one as yet.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's Location is: Umbra, Necromancer Arena, just north of Doom entrance

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Waah Petra.... you are simply amaaaazing, being able to post abt their whereabouts every time! :bowdown: