• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa.... I need U.... Do u need Europa?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not a rant....

I opened the soulstone graveyard on a new account for u the europa public to reclaim ''lost''soulstones that have been picked up form fallen houses.

Now i can only do this.. if people hand in there ''un-useable'' ....no yours...account bound soulstones..........

listen.....EA will never make soulstone reuseable by anyone!!!! they still sell soulstone codes for real money.... so please dont hold onto these ....just incase....

Hey if u want i will class any soulstone u hand in as a point...like the new costumes hand in!!! so u get 1 point for a red ... 2 points for a green and 3 points for a blue!!!! each point is worth 5k gold... does that make it any better????..... do u feel u are getting something for nothing????

Hell this is a 4 week project.. 1 week down and the only stones ive been given are basically from friends ingame.....

Padric [player] as told me he will continue the graveyard for another month

Alas Europa need to ask itself if it needs this or not.....

Do wanna keep hoarding the ''no use to anyone else but the owner'' stones
JUST incase they can be reused by anyone....LOL.. YES A BIG FAT LOL

Tell me Europa am i wasting my freaking time...........

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I know nobody keeping other people's soulstones to themselves. Hell, its hard enough keeping track of my own :) Up until now and this new venture I have just left the soulstones at IDOCs, cold and heartless though that may sound :D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that this is one of those ideas that's great, but that may take some time to come to fruition. Think. Someone leaves and their house falls. They return 'later'. That could be months, or even years. In the meantime, people see no use for account bound soul stones, so they're left to decay. Along comes you, with the laudable, and lovely, idea of hanging onto these for those who return to us, as a LOT do in the fullness of time. So people start to hang onto them, or those who have popped a few in boxes here and there hand them over. But most of your stones are, I think, from relatively recent IDOCs. So it will take time for those who lost them to return. Or to realise their mishap; I know my husband has been to see you twice because he was inattentive over an inactive account!

So, hang onto the soul stones. Maybe you could just open up the graveyard a couple of times a year, to save the cash on the account. If you need storage, I can offer 50 slots of secure storage in our guildhouse. I can also lock that chest, instead of secure it, and folks can add to it, or pop soulstones in the mailbox for me to put in the chest. When you're ready to do the graveyard again, let me know, I'll pass em over. But don't give up just yet :)

PS: My husband played years ago, took a 6yr break and came back 3 yrs ago, bringing me with him. I know others who have been away for longer.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IVE JUST BEEN TOLD,,,,, THE REASON.......

PEOPLE ARE HOLDING SOULSTONES... WAITING FOR THE PATCH... WHEN THE ORGINAL OWNERS NAME WILL APPEAR ON THE STONE.....

THEN THEY GOONA HOLD THE OWNER TO RANSOM FOR MEGA - BUCKS... EVEN $$$$$$$$$

IM DONE... U GREEDY BASTARDS.....IM DONE WITH THIS......CRazy greedy sods.................Pahaaaaaaa

K

Kiminality

Honestly, that sounds less likely than Cail's post.
Yeah, some people might be doing that, but something to consider is that the people who would loot the soulstones from IDOCs would have had no way of knowing that there was going to be any way of identifying the owners of the soulstones, so it's doubtful they'd have looted them back then on the off chance there'd be a way.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember the 55 i gave you are what ive bought from Europa shops, so i rekon ive taken a big chunk of the stones that were left. Most IDOC'ers wont even pick them up when a house falls......unfortunatly.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have any soulstones to give you sadly, But I wish you the best of luck its a fantastic idea. You should just bump up your first post about Soulstone Graveyard rather than making new ones though. :p

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

PEOPLE ARE HOLDING SOULSTONES... WAITING FOR THE PATCH... WHEN THE ORGINAL OWNERS NAME WILL APPEAR ON THE STONE.....

IM DONE... U GREEDY BASTARDS.....IM DONE WITH THIS......CRazy greedy sods.................Pahaaaaaaa
I'll take them off your hands...gonna make me some megabux :D

No seriously, if you're out then I have Zento plots I can use for an easy-to-find soulstone depository. We don't see eye to eye on many things but it'd be a shame to let such a noble cause go to waste.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ha! You've got to love how UO brings out the opportunists. It's quite clever really, I honestly would never have thought of this, but I have no doubt there will be people out there who have and are keeping a hold of them for future profit.

A

Angel121

Well I visit the house every other day. somewhere out there I hope is my soulstone, Every day I pass those big castle's and see so many soulstone's and I think... one could be mine, I hope they are just on holiday and have yet to donate...

I for one thank the people trying to help the people that have lost our soulstone's.

I can only hope that one day I can be re-united, that maybe people have a conscience and help.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish you thought of this earlier, i have left quite a few behind at idocs, i will now of course donate to you

although the ones i pick up are from players that "quit" and we ALL know "quit" players return, i do feel i will be some time before current "quitters" return

when the patch comes in to name the owners and not "unknown" then maybe a list can be posted aswell to players who are thinking of returniing and read the baords can see thier soulstone is safe, this may help prompt then to rejoin us

anyway great idea mate

if some people want to keep stones for profit, you cant really influence that, but by looking at the amount of soulstones you already have, i think "your gonna need a bigger boat"!!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad PMT night ...LOL

hEY LETS GIVE eUROPA SOMe seroIus xMas LOVe

Tell ya MATes aND Ya gUiLDIEs ....

Lets MakE thIS Rock....All oF US

HeLL lets mAKe THiS ''OUR'' gRAVEYard

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iaM onE crAZY bEArd..........[enD]

lOve mE or Hate ME ....

pLz WORk wiTH me....

EUROpa ....AcE of THe SharDS

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If the soul-stones were cross-sharded (and yes, I've seen that happen) there will be no name on the stone still... it will say "unknown" and will not be able to use the stone (of course). Cross-sharded stones will not see the player in the shards database, so will display "unknown"....

I have over 30 on Napa that are all "unknown". Some of those that were identifiable I gave back to the original account holders - who, like me, took a year or so off. I still have a few named ones - so I know they are Napa players - but if they are around... *shrug*.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this moment IN TIME ....All red soulstone display //// unknown ...so basically this is bull ****.................[END]

A

Argnak

I never took any soulstones in the IDOCs i've done. There were 2 reasons for that: they are useless for me, and they take up valuable storage space. That said, now that we have a place to store them, at least for some time, i will start picking them up, and will hand all of them to whoever is running the graveyard at that time.

Ideas like yours, THP, are the ones that makes Europa the best shard. Way to go!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don`t be disheartened by a few people that might use it for their own greedy benefit. The reasons why not more players have loaded all their soulstones on you has already been stated: because they let them decay previously since they took up valuable storage space. They don`t have any at the moment.

I think the idea is so awesome that it would be a real shame if we were not able to keep it up as a shard. You already have people coming forward and wanting to help. So if you decide to take a break some day, hand the soulstone graveyard over to another player. That way we can keep at it even when you are not around.

With that said: Deep in my containers I found a bag of personal bless deeds I never had the heart to toss away. You can train up skills again, and get new soulstones - but a pbd is gone forever see. Maybe you can keep those as well ?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the soul-stones were cross-sharded (and yes, I've seen that happen) there will be no name on the stone still... it will say "unknown" and will not be able to use the stone (of course). Cross-sharded stones will not see the player in the shards database, so will display "unknown"....

I have over 30 on Napa that are all "unknown". Some of those that were identifiable I gave back to the original account holders - who, like me, took a year or so off. I still have a few named ones - so I know they are Napa players - but if they are around... *shrug*.
well some of what you are saying may be true, but not emtirely, some of my own stones are "unknown" and i have never left my shard