• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EUROPA Dont forget Tuesdays Event!!!!

G

The Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt is coming! Overview: Held at the Yew Waterfalls garden, the Scavenger Hunt will be held on each shard. Come join the fun, hang out with your friends, and maybe win a prize!

5 prizes!!!

Schedule:

Europe:
Europa: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 1:30PM EST (7:30pm local Western European Time zone)

Kinda guessing this will be 6.30 gmt>???????? or is it 5.30 gmt????

G

Doh!

Why can´t they figure out a European time and post that...

Anyway, nice reminder. Didn´t know about it.
Best part is: No work on Tuesday!!!

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can actually figure it out. WET is the same as GMT (+0).
So 7:30PM WET is 7:30PM GMT.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Err...I dont think that is right. Western Europe is GMT+1. UK is EST+5 and Western Europa is EST+6.

So I think this means 6.30PM in the UK and 7.30PM in Western Europe for the event.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Err...I dont think that is right. Western Europe is GMT+1. UK is EST+5 and Western Europa is EST+6.

So I think this means 6.30PM in the UK and 7.30PM in Western Europe for the event.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wikipedia and google never lie!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, sorry. I thought that the WET time given in the OP´s post was THP´s own translation of the EST time...

G

Why didnt they call it GMT then .. the 'time base' that the world works around??

See western europe to me means poland and germany etc that are depending on the month of year +1 or +2 hours infront of the uk????

Iam always confused with world times...and the uk is the most stupid zone for changing its time in the winter months....pahhhh

I

imported_Wishbone

<blockquote><hr>

Why didnt they call it GMT then .. the 'time base' that the world works around??

See western europe to me means poland and germany etc that are depending on the month of year +1 or +2 hours infront of the uk????

Iam always confused with world times...and the uk is the most stupid zone for changing its time in the winter months....pahhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

The UK is THE centre for time zones, hence GMT (Greenwich Mean Time, the zero line of longitude)
Western european time is the same as GMT (in theory) but every other country is different, Germany is one hour in front of us (and east of the UK) as is France, (more or less south of the UK and Spain (west of us)
Portugal (which is way west of us shares the same time zone) Go figure!
The US gets even more confused by this by insting that no other time zones exist on the planet apart from the main four mainland zones, Pacific, Mountain, Central and Eastern.

So basically we are right in the UK, we invented it, and everone else is wrong

G

That was my thinking

The world revolves around the uk axis = GMT

So why not use it!! ...and post times + or - GMT

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

the uk is the most stupid zone for changing its time in the winter months....pahhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually we change it in the Spring and Autumn..................

G

<blockquote><hr>

Germany is one hour in front of us (and east of the UK) as is France

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh i have no clue when i have to be online tonight ... and yes i am living in Germany.
Guess the best is to be there from 17:30 to 21:30 ... just to be sure.
... ah wait ... there is something called reallife-family ... so its a lottery again wether or not i can join this hunt

G

did we actually settle on a time yet folks? i shouted out on guild last night that anyone wishing to come along should be at my house by 7.15pm, will we be late? early? on time?

help!

G

1.30 EST = 6.30 GMT; 7.30 CET;

6.30 in London,

7.30 in Paris, Berlin &amp; Brussels

8.30 in Helsinki &amp; Athens

9.30 in Moscow

And I'll add the time converter site I've used to the FAQ for future reference

D

davebobbit

So where the hell is this place?

Im probably too late now anyway

G

Hi,
Yea, i was there, got my pink bag and read the books, went to get stuff and by the time i got bck it was all over.
sad to say some of the characters that won were newly created characters and maybe a x-sharder.
Would of been more fun if it lasted the half hour that she said we had, oh well

G

Oh... My... God...!

Wth was that?
Apparently they use the same item list on all shards. So some people knew what to hand in and the event was over after about 5 seconds...
How could EA/the devs NOT see that coming??? Took the fun out of the event for so many people.

I am very disappointed. I like scavanger hunts. But there has to be some sort of a challenge otherwise it´s not a "hunt".

Well, I´m just speechless...

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My feedback on the main UO page....

I have just witnessed the "Valentines Scavenger Hunt" on Europa.

Did it not occur to anybody that if you kept the quest items the same for all shards, that those who tried earlier on other shards would arrive with the quest items already in their backpacks?

The event was "won" by 2 x-sharders who made new characters just for the event: They "won" before half of those present had even picked-up their quest bag.

I look forward to hearing your justification for this - on a public forum such as Stratics, perhaps.

Congratulations. I have never been motivated to give bad feedback before, but you have just made a mockery of everything I thought UO stood for.

.... and you think that this type of thing is an adequate replacement for EM events?

Pathetic.

G

Sorry, i forgot to say the Items was easy to get (if u have a rune back)
so it didnt take anyone long to get the items,
Just incase anyone thnks i was too slow, heh

G

just over 60 seconds for me.
friends that know me know of my passion for europa rares. its a shame that some will now not stay on europa but be taken away to other shards unless organisers had the sense to make the items not transferrable?
oh hang on, they will for suer be on other shards probably already!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forget it? Forget it?. I wish I could. As a non-event it reigns supreme in my list of things I wish I could forget.