• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa Christmas Tree

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were a few of us chatting about this in global the other day & I said I'd post a thread. Basically, we decided that on the 19th, when the next cycle starts, we'll all pitch in with BOD's and see if we can get the tree to a decent size, no matter which town it's in.

So, if you're around, come along, throw in your bods, help us get one tree up on Europa this year :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could invite people to help... providing FULL BODs.

I, like many others, did the shard-gift-trades before we had transfer shields. Sorry to say I didnt fill Europa... but I'm sure many have. :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to struggle to find time to fill BODs for me to turn in, never mind anyone else! However, I'm happy to hand some out if anyone is short. I can do tailor or smith, not short of any of those.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
small bods gives almost no points. To get somewhere you need larges if nothing changed from last year.

Yeah and it sux bigtime. They musta based the points needed off of Atlantic's population. Makes it hard has heck for a small shard to score. Funny thing is, Ive seen this year small shards that are making it, and Atlantic hasnt, is really stuggling. Wish the power that be would either scale stuff to population, or reach a happy medium in between. It's a holiday event, for crying out loud, no use in it being prohibitive to half the population!

It might be different ikf they were reusing some of the GOOD old gifts-like soulstone frags, transfer tokens, name change tokens, you know, useful stuff was in those boxes. But is it really overpowered if everyone got a pillow with a hand on it? lol

Less grind, more fun. That's what we need. And for the record, if we could select from a menu the bribe we needed, this wouldnt be quite as bad, still be bad, but perhaps more manageable.

Cant tell ya how many times Ive needed to just take something to except, but it will go up a qty, or up a level in material...to me, unless I'm taking it all all the way to the top level (barbed 20 except-valorite excetp; 20) bribing has been useless.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And this is the problem. No one will see this here, they don't come here. And if you post it there on UO.com, it'll get locked because this isnt a :cheerleader: post.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they are looking for large BODs, they are totally out of their minds!

I had 2 out of 2 win gifts on one shard, giving 1 BOD per day.

That was after being disgusted...

Atlantic, giving 1 BOD for 15 guys... only 2 won a gift.

Very well could be that they only give out X amount of gifts vs. score systems. Just a theory.

I say that because Atlantic has its high population and I see people constantly streaming in to give BODs... and the tree stands 3 full days (or more) vs. the smaller shard that seams to grow faster.

Someone also told me dont give more then 1 per day as it doesnt count... but how would you know? Just saying. :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah it counts. We built the trees the day they appeared this year, for Yew, Skara, and Trinsic.

Yall make a few chars on Legends and turn some in for Magincia, you'll get a gift on it-it will be a grown tree as well

Need a small bod to turn in when magincia blooms? between 7-8:30 central time ask in general chat, I'll spare some sbods for people

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LBODs are how you grow the trees, using junk BODs won't do you any good until the tree is fully grown. You can put as many BODs on a tree as you want, there isn't a limit or any penalties. (Once a tree is fully grown, you only need 1 BOD per character to get a gift.)

If you want the gifts, come to Great Lakes. We guarantee every tree will be fully grown (for the third year in a row, thanks to @Shandara )

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't expect every shard to do it, but @Sparviero and others on Siege have been preparing for this all year, since last Christmas. that's what it will take to do it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And if you want the bad gifts-just have your char (even a new one) kill a cat or two on the way to the tree...doesnt take much to go negative on a new char

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes i admit it's a very hard job (and for some people also very boring :p ) but it can be done on all shard if there is a comunity effort. On Siege, me, guildmates and other people worked slowly for all year on that. In the first months of the year, we just spent 1 hour per week filling large bods just to save points and in the meanwhile we collected bods most of days (and i think on prodo this part can be easier because you can have more char per account :) )... Then by september ,we started to work harder on the project to get all stars. Some people help collecting resorces, other giving gold for bribing ( on Siege we spent 15 milions on that only in guild), others filling large and others just collecting bods and then giving them to people that were filling bods. As you can see it's a shard effort, require time and organizatiom, but isn't impossible :) ... We finished yesterday to get all points for full trees in all towns but it worth all the time spent because, if all members of a comunity do a little part, when you reach the goal, you fell proud to be part of a so nice "event" :)
Said that, if in the next years they will lower the amount of points required to get a full tree (25.5k bank points), i will not complain at all ihih

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
250 exceptional polearm lbod grows the the tree to nearly full. You would be surprised how many throw those away.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran through over twenty tailoring LBODs last night, none of them under 3oo points, and I'll do some more today for my chars to turn in. That's not even halfway through my tailor BOD stash :p

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Do remember that its banking points that counts, highest amount from tailor lbods are 140.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and it takes about 20k bank points, or a bit more, to go from zero to star

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too many points to make the tree get a star and Krampus is running 24 hours. This is the first year that I have not done a BOD.