• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Europa Chicken League Season 9 - 3rd AUGUST 2015

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Season 9 of the ECL will begin Monday the 3rd of AUGUST 2015!

Feel free to turn up on the night and enter, but if at all possible if you could let me know if you're planning to enter in advance that'd be great. Even better if you can send me the stats of your bird in advance too. But as I said, you are more than welcome to just turn up on the night too!

Those without chickens are more than welcome to attend too. To bet, to cheer on the fighters or to just learn more about the sport.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Last edited:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahem.

Month corrected :oops: Thank you Aurelius for pointing that out!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just another big thank you to Vor for taking on the running of this , I'll be there as usual handling the betting, and with a couple chickens with Tari. Looking forward to seeing what chickens people have grown this time!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have debated long with myself about participating in Season 9 and have decided enough is enough and will content myself with being an occasional spectator this time. Diddles has taken part in every session since the League started and with 7 wins and a second in the eight seasons it is time others won some prizes. There was nothing exceptional about my birds I was just extremely lucky although I did raise hundreds of birds to ensure I got chicks with excellent stats. I passed Poison Ivy to Aurelius to augment the house birds and have given Lethal Weapon to Anna so she can take part this time. I still have the rest of my ex-champions but if you would like a couple of them for the house just let me know here and I will bring them along and transfer them.

One reason for my decision is that for each season I would hatch and train up at least one new bird and I just cannot face the grind again I have been to that well too often.

Having said this, it has been a pleasure to take part in the ECL, I have received some great prizes and had some great times, it has been fun and long may it continue. I will continue to give support if it is needed and hope to attend to watch the birds of others compete.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fair enough Bobar. Guess the field is wide open without a Diddly bird then!

If you do wish to donate a a couple of your old birds that'd be great. They'll make excellent house birds I'm sure. But don't feel you have to.

This is tonight by the way guys! Season 9, match 1.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent turnout tonight both for fighters and spectators. I thank you all for attending.

I will post up a brief report of the matches later tonight or tomorrow.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Player owned birds entered:

Zento's Star
Lethal Weapon
Valoria's Own Liza
Santi
Gecko
Featherstorm
Kien Battle Chicken

House Birds:

Spectre
Frosty
Shadow
Goldie Locks
Midnight
Poison Ivy
Henry

And the results are as follows!

Spectre beat down Zento's Star
After a restarted fight Lethal Weapon soundly defeated Frosty
Valoria's Own Liza crushed Shadow
Goldie Locks beat out Santi
Gecko and Midnight took it right to the wire, but Gecko came out on top by just 7 hit points!
Poison Ivy felled Featherstorm in another very close match
And finally little Henry beat newly hatched Kien

Scores after week 1:

1: Spectre, Lethal Weapon, Valoria's Own Liza, Goldie Locks, Gecko, Poison Ivy, Henry

Not a very interesting league table yet, true, but give it a few weeks and it'll all be to play for.

The house has also welcomed three new birds into the fold. Thank you Tari and Diddly for the donations!

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poor Santi...he is so young! I need to toughen him up!!

Reactions: Vor