• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa > Catskill

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 6 accounts all in Europa. But i think that Europa is quite dead. I'm usually playing solo so I don't have a guild to use it. I'd like to transfer all my chars on Catskill. Is it possible? I have a castle on Felucca, 2 keeps ( Felucca and Trammel) and a Greater Tower. There is some way to transfer all chars and houses? And all things that I have on Europa that are so many thinga to transfer?
Tia

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Im afraid that you will lose ALL housing, it is not movable. Also if the housing is deleted, any new housing will be under the "new rules" that means that you can own only one housing. Chances are that you may lose quite a few items also in the move?
You may want to do this gradually. Xfer one char using a shield token, and test the new shard, see if you really think the sacrifice is worth it. If not, you can always go back to Europa.

Also is Europa dead or are players on diff time zone?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should try out the server for a while before you change. Your playing time may not fit. Also check out Vendor Search and see how that looks.

Merth

Journeyman
6 accounts x7 characters =42 transfers is a ton of shields or transfer tokens or cash for tokens. Can be done but will be very costly. And would have to place all new houses.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
you should only bring good stuff and makes new character… and catskill is a dead shard by the way

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a heads up Cakskills is quieter than Europa...just saying...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know there's a language barrier, but you've been a stratics member since 08 and you didn't know houses don't transfer ?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I know there's a language barrier, but you've been a stratics member since 08 and you didn't know houses don't transfer ?
Yep.. Pple do that..Best bet is if she has an account with NO housing then create a housing on ATL (good luck for castle there unless $$$$$). OR sell one of the houses/castles on Europa, and then make a house of some sort on Atl (hard to find space there for any housing), then play Atl by xfering that acctt to Atl, or build new characters there..Either way painful esp selling a castle/keep at a loss on Europa, not the word's most populated shard. And not Cats, also not well pop shard, but Atl if she really wants wall to wall people, and gigantic guilds.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can't imagine Catskills is more populated than Europa, Atlantic is, but not many other shards. Maybe try to find a guild? Any shard you can place a castle on will be less populated than Europa, not more so.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Ivory Norwind go to what ever shard you want to it is your money and you are free to do whatever you want to. No Cats is not as populated as Atl but it is by far a lot friendlier than Atl and has a lot of players that will go out of their way to help you.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've played on cats since I first created my account many, many years ago.

It is definitely not the most populated shard, but it is very far from dead. There is a very large rp community that does a bunch of things every week, from weekly hunts to weekly tavern nights, to weekly net tosses.

I don't PvP so I have no idea what that is like on cats.

You should make a character on cats before you transfer everyone over, just to make sure your play style and timeframe works with the rest of the shard. And pop onto the rp chat and say hello.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Frankly, I can't see what pple are complaining about Atl. Atl is like the world..All sorts of pple are there. I developed a char there, and by just being polite and not begging I developed a 120 tamer in no time at all, was offered a sorc 120 LRC suit and kick butt scrapers, 5M to start there, by just being polite and honest, and that is not being in a guild. Yes there are the immature and kids, but pple there imo are awesome for the most part, there are good pple everywhere. Just be honest, be yourself, and dont try to ripoff pple. Yep there are ripoff there, but most pple are ok and great. Only problem in Atl is that you may have trouble placing a house, due to the large population. Otherwise it is awesome, and VERY active, all the time. Also, if you are interested in PVP there is an active PVP community there as well. Will I shich shards and perm go to Atl? No way..I love GL and will stay there till the lights go out, due to guildies, and sentimentality..

Merth

Journeyman
Frankly, I can't see what pple are complaining about Atl. Atl is like the world..All sorts of pple are there. I developed a char there, and by just being polite and not begging I developed a 120 tamer in no time at all, was offered a sorc 120 LRC suit and kick butt scrapers, 5M to start there, by just being polite and honest, and that is not being in a guild. Yes there are the immature and kids, but pple there imo are awesome for the most part, there are good pple everywhere. Just be honest, be yourself, and dont try to ripoff pple. Yep there are ripoff there, but most pple are ok and great. Only problem in Atl is that you may have trouble placing a house, due to the large population. Otherwise it is awesome, and VERY active, all the time. Also, if you are interested in PVP there is an active PVP community there as well. Will I shich shards and perm go to Atl? No way..I love GL and will stay there till the lights go out, due to guildies, and sentimentality..
On a side note when i was exploring it took me less than 10 mins to find house placement. It wasnt the biggest by any means but easily found.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but I have some problems with english also with a translator. Rumors some times ago sayed that i could transfer an account completely, house and stuff for every account. Obiouvsly the normal way, with some ( very very a lot) character tranfser is no good for me. I need also my houses. But all of you have sayed that Carskills is quite dead. These guys have not seen Europa!! No market, no vendors. It's a very very dead sharf. I don't like Atlantirc because it have too many people. I lke a shard like Catskill, Calm but not too calm like Europa!!
Anyway, i thank all for the help :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sorry but I have some problems with english also with a translator. Rumors some times ago sayed that i could transfer an account completely, house and stuff for every account. Obiouvsly the normal way, with some ( very very a lot) character tranfser is no good for me. I need also my houses. But all of you have sayed that Carskills is quite dead. These guys have not seen Europa!! No market, no vendors. It's a very very dead sharf. I don't like Atlantirc because it have too many people. I lke a shard like Catskill, Calm but not too calm like Europa!!
Welcome and happy hollidays..

superfrog

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Catskills is far from Dead. It isn't as populated as Atlantic, but it is very far from dead. Don't take our word for it, go to the shard and see for yourself.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well u obvoiusly cant transfer houses.....thays pure nonsense.... U will however be easily able to place a Keep or two on Cats though ...like u can do on Europa....alas if u a want castle u will have to pay 100m or so...but that wont be a problem if u sell your exsisting europa castle for 100m or so to fund it

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The RAA shop is still pretty well-stocked for basic stuff, stop by the West Brit Bank Meet sometime and get a rune. If you want Powerscrolls then all the quieter shards that are not Atlantic have the same problem, sometimes it's better to ask in global chat.