• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Europa 2v2 PvP Tournament Hosted by EM Emile [Video/Results]

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This CANNOT be considered a proper PvP duel tournament, using summons and potting and petals etc lol. they should be disqualified and the match redone without summons etc proper old school PvP..... then see who really is good ....fighting raw stripped back
Sorry but i had to laugh at this tournament the titan first thing out i mean what the hell? then vortexs lol
It was supposed to be no pets right? summons can hit as much as a pet can depending on the pet and should have been considered a pet
And who uses pots n petal in a duel??? only people who cannot fight and survive without them :yell:

Last edited:

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a 2v2 Tournament, the rules are stated in the video, only 1 rule was no tamed pets. EM Emile said summons etc were okay. If we go back to an "Oldschool" dueling ruleset, everyone in classic client, sorcerers suits 2/6 with 15 sdi and no scribe/poison. I am totally down for this but everyone has to follow CLASSIC style rules or it wouldn't be worth the time. This tournament was essentially a field fight with no tamers in the arena.

Whilst I agree with your opinion if it was agreed as "DUELS" but it was not, its a 2v2 Tournament. I assume as you're so passionate about this you'll enter the classic tourney?

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a 2v2 Tournament, the rules are stated in the video, only 1 rule was no tamed pets. EM Emile said summons etc were okay. If we go back to an "Oldschool" dueling ruleset, everyone in classic client, sorcerers suits 2/6 with 15 sdi and no scribe/poison. I am totally down for this but everyone has to follow CLASSIC style rules or it wouldn't be worth the time. This tournament was essentially a field fight with no tamers in the arena.

Whilst I agree with your opinion if it was agreed as "DUELS" but it was not, its a 2v2 Tournament. I assume as you're so passionate about this you'll enter the classic tourney?
I`m just pointing out that it was stated no pets, yet summons take pet spaces therefore they should have been considered a pet and not allowed
Also that i believe the tournament should have been done just using pure skills on your character, no pots no petals no apples no trap boxes etc etc
To me thats a proper fight and we get to see who is really good using their char without those aids.. just my opinion
Alas my pvp days are long gone too old for that now and bad health so cant be done, but still enjoy watching it when its done properly without summons etc ...
Peace x

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I like this, problem with PVP duels these days is there's too many rules... the loser will find any excuse to say the other person cheated cuz he lost. This way at least the best PVP'er win's and there's no playing the victim. Now I don't personally PVP and i'm on Atlantic, but i'm just tired of always seeing players complain about this and that during a duel... bring your A game and the best person wins :)

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This CANNOT be considered a proper PvP duel tournament, using summons and potting and petals etc lol. they should be disqualified and the match redone without summons etc proper old school PvP..... then see who really is good ....fighting raw stripped back
Sorry but i had to laugh at this tournament the titan first thing out i mean what the hell? then vortexs lol
It was supposed to be no pets right? summons can hit as much as a pet can depending on the pet and should have been considered a pet
And who uses pots n petal in a duel??? only people who cannot fight and survive without them :yell:
Thank you @Tia ^^

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and Blazing will happily go 2v2 pure with you and a team mate if you're THAT butthurt you require backup from Tia lolol

Await the dodge.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

keyvan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Let's do a naked Tournament with regs only..
But more seriously we're not in 98 anymore stop crying about everything pots .. on top of that most of the players were aware about the rules set before joining.
Gandalf next time you should read the rules more carefully or choose a better team mate to play with.........................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. o_O

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's do a naked Tournament with regs only..
But more seriously we're not in 98 anymore stop crying about everything pots .. on top of that most of the players were aware about the rules set before joining.
Gandalf next time you should read the rules more carefully or choose a better team mate to play with.........................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. o_O
I actually won the 1v1 pvp event on europa back in 2013 the last time i bothered reading the ridiculous rules brought by EM Gotan.

But since people cried/moaned about it & others like sean dodged it, the promised sign with "Gandalf the top notch pvper of Europa 2013 :p" was never made by EM Gotan!

Here's a link:
Arena PvP event 19/1/13

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you were able to use pets (3 slots = dreadmare) at the one in 2013 so the rules are just at stupid in that case.

The recent event was basically a "field fight" in the arena. I have the say the summons were pretty stupid but then the full rules were posted way in advance so everyone could prepare.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gandalf, you won that "tournament" on a mystic stone form mage, in prot with a dread mare and purely because I was out that night, the following day I beat you in tamer vs tamer fight on that build outside your keep in swamps to prove you was a sucky player who only won coz everyone else was a noob.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gandalf, you won that "tournament" on a mystic stone form mage, in prot with a dread mare and purely because I was out that night, the following day I beat you in tamer vs tamer fight on that build outside your keep in swamps to prove you was a sucky player who only won coz everyone else was a noob.
Shhhh, i dont want to hear ur silly excuses, rage less, cry less, accept the fact that you will always be a cheaper copy of me seanty lying so much wont make u a better pvper... Nice dodge ^^

-end of discussion-

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you on drugs? What excuses? You got rolled as you always do.

You couldn't want to be me any more if you tried. You never will be considered a good pvper gand. Even your own guild mates think you're useless. You should see the icqs i get from them.

Any time you want to fight you know where i am. You're the dodge king little pokemon. If pro are too scared to take on Vp publically or you are too afraid to go toe to toe with the champion then thats fine. We understand you know you'll lose and there will be another video of you getting spanked on youtube forever.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Shhhh, i dont want to hear ur silly excuses, rage less, cry less, accept the fact that you will always be a cheaper copy of me seanty lying so much wont make u a better pvper... Nice dodge ^^

-end of discussion-
Are you on drugs? What excuses? You got rolled as you always do.

You couldn't want to be me any more if you tried. You never will be considered a good pvper gand. Even your own guild mates think you're useless. You should see the icqs i get from them.

Any time you want to fight you know where i am. You're the dodge king little pokemon. If pro are too scared to take on Vp publically or you are too afraid to go toe to toe with the champion then thats fine. We understand you know you'll lose and there will be another video of you getting spanked on youtube forever.

Take the smack talk to the appropriate PVP discussion thread please.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Take the smack talk to the appropriate PVP discussion thread please.
This is not even Smack talk yet..... More like warm ups to the real deal.
Plus this thread and the PVP thread should be one as we dont have millions of people writing for PVP as you get in Atl, so you can moderate slightly less the Euro threads as we are old school, and dont care what others say.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having some very hard times with my ISP, there is no way i can duel with my 110ping & massive packet loss (can send u a video whenever you want), and @Mervyn is taking a short break... so need to find a decent mage like @Kiss Of Death for a start

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I'm having some very hard times with my ISP, there is no way i can duel with my 110ping & massive packet loss (can send u a video whenever you want), and @Mervyn is taking a short break... so need to find a decent mage like @Kiss Of Death for a start
I can say you got better ping than me, but I have no packet loss.... so I understand what you go through, you can still pvp, only just a lil harder for us mages to do so..

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually won the 1v1 pvp event on europa back in 2013 the last time i bothered reading the ridiculous rules brought by EM Gotan.

But since people cried/moaned about it & others like sean dodged it, the promised sign with "Gandalf the top notch pvper of Europa 2013 :p" was never made by EM Gotan!

Here's a link:
Arena PvP event 19/1/13
I did not partecipate, u would never win rofl

InfernO will come to get you

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cuz you and pervyn could win vs Blazing InfernO and Sean aka Nadir the king? C'mon.

I will fight u and pervyn 1vs2 in arena. No rules, apart from no taming

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean.... having someone who talks about PVP who never pvped....it's pretty silly no?
Blazing..... I did USE to PVP back in the days, when i was in BoA.... on my red chars Lara n Kali Fatal Attraction
We are all entitled to our opinions n i gave mine :)
Peace x

Last edited:

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Seriously, when does all this pvp occur? I keep turning up to VvV towns at war and there is no one there.

Is there a busier time of the week for Europa pvp'ers?

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play on eu anymore except if I get icqed or there is a pvp event