• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EU Warhammer Public Beta- A Bust!

Answer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We were all expecting it, but not many of us said anything. How could Mythic in their right minds hand over the rights to EU Warhammer to the clowns at GOA? What's GOA, you might ask? Perhaps you can remember the circus act that totally botched Dark Age of Camelot's public beta and offered nearly zero customer service. But that's besides the point.. or is it...

So there are literally hundreds of thousands of European players wide awake at 8:30 am sipping on coffee and F5'ing the war-europe.com main page that is terribly crafted with Flash in hopes the registration page would open early. I'm not quite sure what we were expecting, after all, who's bright idea was it to open the floodgates for this many registrations 2 hours before the beta was to begin?

So 8:30 rolls around, I quickly run over to the War website and what's this..? It's not loading.. Surprise, surprise. So, being generous yet again I decide to let the swarms cool down and I go for an early morning jog. I return later and am pleasantly surprised that I can actually enter the registration area... Unfortunately after 25 times of entering my data, it gives me a 414 time-out error. I decide to roll over to several Euro-WAR fanforums to get the down low. People are in an absolute uproar, it's chaos. People have been sitting, trying to gain access for hours.

It's been roughly 10 hours since open beta registration began, and I think roughly 4 hours since the servers were to go live (which I'm not sure if they ever did). People are stuck in various stages of registration with no idea what's going on, and here's the kicker -- ABSOLUTELY NO TECH SUPPORT!

GOA is acting as if there is nothing wrong!! Throughout the various forums, I've seen threads active with upwards of 1000 players who are saying they cannot get past registration.. NO ONE has claimed to have made it into the game (INCLUDING CLOSED BETA PLAYERS WITH KEYS ALREADY SET). There has been absolutely no comment made by GOA or Mythic about what is going on, and I'm beginning to think I could care less.

GOA is a failboat, so much in fact that is makes me question Mythic's logic. I gave them one last chance after DAoC, no more after this. I hope they sink.
Sorry for the rant, it's definitely a tl;dr

tl;dr version

-GOA IS FAIL

N

Noun

:(

Mythic has been nothing but good to the North Americans. I'm not quite sure why they decided to go with GoA, but throughout the whole process they've had a negative atmosphere about them.

I didn't read the Herald very clearly, were they saying Open Beta for Europeans would start near the same time Account Registration does?

Answer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea-

I read the statement saying "registration will begin at 8:30a.m. and beta servers will go operational shortly after" and I knew there would be hell to pay. Who in their right minds would think this was possible? Heh.

It has been nearly 12 hours and there are updates proclaiming the servers are live and they are anticipating waves of newcomers, but it must be awfully interesting when I haven't heard a single tale out of thousands that they have made it into the game.

Should be interesting to see how this one is handled.