• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eternal Gazers ... Genuinely Eternal?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally got around to looking at Shame tonight; yup, I don't really care about the new item mods and I wanted to explore after the thrill had wore off for everyone else. I ran into Eternals down on Level 4 and they ... just... wouldn't... die!. Has anyone had any experience fighting these? They have high resists and around 7400 hit points, and I tried fighting one with a 4.3 rated Greater Dragon, and despite constant mana dumping on it myself (with high mana regen and 110 so far magery, 120 Eval Int too) it took nearly half an hour to get it down to 8% health; at which point it started running around, and even when I pinned it in a corner with energy fields, I couldn't reduce it's health any further.

After another 20 minutes stuck at 8% I gave up for the night... I'm loathe to risk Shame Level 5 now if there's worse down there! But is there a trick I'm missing, or is this just yet another mob tamers can't handle? Next step may be to get my bard down there instead and just provoke the two onto each other, if possible...

Also, as an aside, does anyone know how much Shame rep you need to trigger the 3 Boss Blokes on Levels 1-3?

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally got around to looking at Shame tonight;

After another 20 minutes stuck at 8% I gave up for the night... I'm loathe to risk Shame Level 5 now if there's worse down there! But is there a trick I'm missing, or is this just yet another mob tamers can't handle? Next step may be to get my bard down there instead and just provoke the two onto each other, if possible...
Provo would not work when I tried it. I've had success with a GD, a bard, and a spellweaver with nice focus. But you have to get one by itself.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant speak to killing the gazer but the bosses requires 10,20 and 30 crystals respectively.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a dragon all by itself cant quite kill one.. you gotta lay poison fields under it when it gets low on health.

you should have no problems tho taking one at a time tho with a dragon.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
a dragon all by itself cant quite kill one.. you gotta lay poison fields under it when it gets low on health.
Haven't taken on Eternal Gazers yet but am finding that to be true with alot of critters these days. Put GD on them and keep pois field and wildfire running if you have the room to not hit another one. Although I do it from the outset, makes for faster kills imo.

S

sherkborg

Like aaron said.

Ive killed hundreds maybe even a thousand of them. I have to always poison field them when 10-20% life left. Just chain cast it and they wont heal/cast heal and will die really quick.

I think on average it takes me 6-8 mins a gazer to kill with my gd and no other dps.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4-6 gazers per hour solo with GD, disco, songs and poison fields at end.

How much luck are you able to have on your suit with that setting ?

I am asking, because in between taming, music and magery your template seem to need quite a few skill points from worn items which means less open slots for luck modifiers......

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am asking, because in between taming, music and magery your template seem to need quite a few skill points from worn items which means less open slots for luck modifiers......
Nearly max pre-shame luck - 1890. Resists are worst, 100lrc 40lmc 12mr. 6x120 real skills template.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, as a pure mage/tamer template I don't have any further skills to apply, but later tonight I'll give poison field a go; I was fighting in the corridor, but going into it's room would mean I can blanket everywhere with the fields and it wont get too far...

Thanks for the answers so far!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hint: discorded gazer have around 100-110 wrestle. In case you have 120 magery and -0 magery lucky swords and tanking GD, you'll receive damage rarely.

P

pgib

I like this forum because when it comes down to taming you can read about a world where roads are paved with sugar, honey flows from the sky and pets comes armed with chainguns and rocket launchers.

Then you wake up and actually play the game.

Dreamworld: greater dragon vs eternal gazer, 6-8 (six to eight) minutes.

Sampire Online: greater dragon vs eternal gazer, 41 minutes, 17 seconds, 112 millis (stopwatch measured, with poison field at 24% health).

Now i check with discordance but let me say that the dreamworld's one is a hell of a greater dragon.

With disco it took 11 minutes and 19 seconds (poison field at 24% as before).

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A sampire can kill them gazers in about 1 minute or so. Tamers are slow in shame.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also note, that the wind elementals on level 5 (head south from the gate across the bridge) are easily lured, one at a time, up to the bridge area, and are far easier to kill than the eternal gazers.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nearly max pre-shame luck - 1890. Resists are worst, 100lrc 40lmc 12mr. 6x120 real skills template.

I have been trying to figure out how you managed to squeeze all that in a suit/template but without much success........ Do you mind posting your template and suit in details ?
Thanks.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame is not a tamer-friendly or mage-friendly dungeon.
Shame is a dexxer dungeon.

Going there with a tamer is POINTLESS. Even if you can somehow kill mobs, it takes forever.

Just use another char, be it a sampire, an archer, a thrower, or whatever.

P

pgib

It is not like other places are particularily tamer friendly.

I remember when i came back, one year ago, one the first thing i did was answering a call for a Stygian Dragon hunt. Let's go to kill the stygian dragon, great, i come, good...

So i pop out with my tamer (which is my only fighting char btw). Reactions: what are you doing? You crazy man?

Well, i'm a tamer, i've got my gd...

Noooooo! Like i was taking a leak in a church.

Then we entered the lair, i died like one thousands times, with my dragon scratching the door crying "lemme out lemme out" and of course i didn't even get the right to loot.

It was great fun but for a game that claimed to be about the freedom to choose, finding out that you're better to choose to be free as anything else but a tamer doesn't feel good.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to do something to increase tamer's PvM power without affecting PvP. Like, add a pet to the game which does uber damage against monsters, but doesn't do a lot of damage when used against other players...

Unfortunatly it seems that the current dev team thinks along the line of: "this monster needs to be tough, let's just increase hitpoints a hundred fold".

Sampires, the most uber-PvM build at the moment, is perfectly suited to handle that without boredom setting in. As AzSel said, a gargoyle thrower or elf sampire build can kill a gazer within one minute. He also saw me using my tamer there. It took me 20 minutes to down one with a GD... :p

I still have hope they will eventually balance stuff out. Tamers are slowly getting past their PvM expiration date.

I'd like to add: I haven't tried Wrong yet...

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only time I went in that level, my sampire took 1 down, but it actually took serveral minutes if I remember right. The down side for those who care about shame loot is that you can't wear much luck gear as a sampire compared to tamers.

Then for the record, the crazed mobs in the 5th level will **** sampires like no tomorrow (leeching doesn't work on them, the damage gets reflected) so sampires have to use different strategy on them.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't leeching the biggest thing for Sampires ? If it does not work, how can a Sampire get healing, mana to cast specials and so forth ? Unless changing one's own suit and perhaps even skills (but then it would no longer be a Sampire, I guess....) to make it up for the lack of leeching I do not see what different strategy might be of help to a Sampire who cannot leech health and mana back.......

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't leeching the biggest thing for Sampires ? If it does not work, how can a Sampire get healing, mana to cast specials and so forth ? Unless changing one's own suit and perhaps even skills (but then it would no longer be a Sampire, I guess....) to make it up for the lack of leeching I do not see what different strategy might be of help to a Sampire who cannot leech health and mana back.......
you can remove vampiric embrace and cross healing with someone else :p

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 bushido
120 swords
100 tactics
100 chiv
111 taming
111 lore
100 vet

I do about 20-30 an hour +with perfection+statue+equipment I get just over 3k in luck.

Dragon tanks so I don't need defenses. 45 hci/dci plus katana with 50 hla/hld + Mace and shield gives me 50 HLA + 90 HLD which helps with the damage that my dragon does and I use less bandages. Suit is all 70's so even if gazer turns on me I can run without dying (invis potions help a bit)

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are fairly easy to kill with a whammy 100%energy dmg 30ssi si ml di hit lit weapon with ai works nicely i pull 130-160 dmg per ai and since they have so much mana i can spam it non stop! takes about 3-5 min each but the loot not nearly as good as an unbound ev they have nice loot same with the chaos elemental.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And next up is Wrong...

Then before you know it, no dungeon will be playable for anyone who isn't a crack expert hunter.

Way to go staffers! :loser:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And next up is Wrong...

Then before you know it, no dungeon will be playable for anyone who isn't a crack expert hunter.

Way to go staffers! :loser:
Is this sarcasm?

I hope so because a dungeon is not meant for anyone but an expert hunter.

Stay aboveground and hunt Ettins if you arent an expert.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame is not a tamer-friendly or mage-friendly dungeon.
Shame is a dexxer dungeon.

Going there with a tamer is POINTLESS. Even if you can somehow kill mobs, it takes forever.

Just use another char, be it a sampire, an archer, a thrower, or whatever.

REALLY?

you people must be doing something wrong,

ive spent quite some time down on level 5 (and other levels) with my GD and using disco and find that mobs drop pretty quick,

infact id say the dungeon is "quiet" tamer FRIENDLY....

P

pgib

You must have 300 disco because with 120 an unbound energy vortex takes ages, a crazed mage eons and the chaos... well, i didn't even bothered to try.