• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Esc key issues.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I think my Esc key has become a shortcut for casting the last skill I have used every time I press it.
Completely screws up my logout because I'm healing myself mid logout then I can't log back in until I exit the whole game.

Is this a thing?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Might check your macros.
And while I have no idea, could you be using UOA and that is hooked to it thru UOA?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But id check your UO macros (alt o then lower left tab) if classic client!

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i notice you use the EC, look under macros, then look at your hotbars to see if you have bound it, one way to tell for sure is right click an item in a hot bar and select "assign Hotkey" and then hit the esc key. it will say something like "esc is already bound to such and such, are you sure?" then you will know. you can then find and fix it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Esc key has always been an issue for me in the EC, it brings up the logout/exit menu and it's NOT set as the hotkey, it also puts me into combat mode.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, you cannot set the esc key as a hotkey so that rules that out. are you running any logitech or other keyboard/mouse controller software?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a conflict of settings of the keys
Check all your EC settings and then the game settings ...
I bet you have a over lapping macro

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think my Esc key has become a shortcut for casting the last skill I have used every time I press it.
Completely screws up my logout because I'm healing myself mid logout then I can't log back in until I exit the whole game.

Is this a thing?
Esc key has always been an issue for me in the EC, it brings up the logout/exit menu and it's NOT set as the hotkey, it also puts me into combat mode.
Check "User Settings" and then the "Input" tab. This can happen when you try to cancel setting a keybinding there. Instead of cancelling it, it is just setting Esc as the new keybinding.

Malforce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I had this issue as well using EC, with the Esc key often casting last spell petemage's fix also worked for me!