• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Error message trying to vote for Gov?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LS shard Moonglow election trammel, when we tried to vore we got an error message. The person who ended up winning laughed a lot about it. The message could be seen onscreen. I paged but never heard back. Any ideas why the error mesage? Voters were respected in Moonglow and not trying to vote twice on one account.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So! No one ever saw this. Interesting. He also said that the voting was over when this error text kept appearing. It was not.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sounds like political shenanigans....just like real life! o_O

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LS shard Moonglow election trammel, when we tried to vore we got an error message. The person who ended up winning laughed a lot about it. The message could be seen onscreen. I paged but never heard back. Any ideas why the error mesage? Voters were respected in Moonglow and not trying to vote twice on one account.
I encountered this a few times last night as well on Atlantic. My guess is it has something to do more than one persons interacting with the stone or trying to vote at the same time because I never had the issue when voting alone but when others would be by the stone I would see THEM get the message if I was viewing the stone. That's how I perceived it, anyways. It would need tested more to see if that was the actual cause, I'd think.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the other person was clicking the stone to make voters have an error message. Wonderful.

Also blocking recall spots and trying to cover the Trade crate with a Dragon and toons.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha thats why he was laughing. He was causing it. Gah, I wish the LS Em/King made govs do a town event. That would cure this guy.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Object handles (CTRL+Shift) fixes that issue. just hit ctrl-shift and drop the stuff on the handle
Object handles is a great workaround for those that know and understand they can do it. But unless there is someone standing there at the crate to explain to people how to do it all the time, it's not the world's greatest fix.

Besides, having to find alternative methods of doing things because of the assclowns in game gets old after a while.