• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Error downloading

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had the download on during the night and it were at 99% when I got an error message saying that it couldn`t access some file - and that I should try again in a little while. Now I have to start all over again? Opening the patcher it starts at 0%, and it doesn`t seem to recognice the files already downloaded. i would expect it to jump-start up til the file I am supposedly missing.

Update: Tried entering and it opens fine, apart from the fact that everything is pink - seems like I am missing a lot of graphic, and the client draws pink instead.

This is what I see:

Is the only option to download the whole thing again?

Update: Doing the whole patcher thing again after setting both client and patcher to run as admin in Vista, hope that works. But it moves terribly slow.

P

pgcd

My PC crashed while downloading, and I also had to start from scratch instead of resuming - seeing as it's a 2gb download, I *strongly* suggest implementing a resume feature before going RTM with this.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I read somewhere that it had a resume feature built in. If it doesn`t - would make more sense to get to download the whole file and use a download manager instead. Not that I am a techie or anything, I might be doing it all wrong in my eagerness to see the new client.

Up to 6%.. this is going to take awhile.

C

Cloak&Dagger

You can always try to run ChkDsk as the files got corrupted but may still be retrievable. I think someone else had this similar problem earlier, I also believe someone else had mentioned to try chkdsk to get the files back.

And it does have a resume option, but your files got corrupted due to a crash (or something)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It took 2 hours but finally it patched correctly and I got to try it a bit.