• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Episode Nine: A Most Curious Horse

G

Beginning with this tale, my stories will be in first person format since they will be written for telling at the Y or at Skyview. It may be a few weeks before I tell one at the Y since Dor is taking us on roadtrips that I really enjoy. Stories will also be delayed in getting posted to ensure that one is ready.
As always, my tales are mostly true. I often withold names of those that might bring snide, rude or otherwise distracting comments from the peanut gallery. In my stories, everyone is a hero except me!

Episode Nine: A Most Curious Horse (I was gonna say beast but why try his patience).
Scene One:Friday Night
There I was, racing across Isamu-Jima on my way to the Citadel. DragonSnack was in a nice easy gallop as we raced past several of the heinous monsters that wander that island. As usual, I was not paying attention and we dashed just a little to close to a Hiryu. The Hiryu lunged at us. This action made me pay a little more attention to what was going on and I went to a full run outpacing that danged monster. I had only moved a short distance and came to the realization that something was amiss. A quick peek around verified that I was in fact on foot and had no horse. Being fairly certain that I had been on one I turned back and retraced my footsteps, being real nervous due to that Hiryu. As I approached the Hiryu I happened to spy DragonSnack just on the other side of the winged beast. I crept as quietly as possible (in full plate armor) past the Hiryu. Despite making enough racket to raise two generations of dead, I made it past the beast and remounted the peacefully grazing horse. The Hiryu ignored us as we proceeded to finish our journey. Now, I really can not verify this, but it is apparent that this horse is telling these monsters something because while they have no problem attacking me they seem reluctant to harm DragonSnack.

Scene Two: Saturday
Not much excitin' happened Saturday. I went to the Sky View Tavern because I get to make a fool of myself and THEY SERVE BEER. When I arrived there was a crowd (three people is a crowd, right) of ZOGs downstairs so I said my Hiyas and put a reluctant DragonSnack into a stall. I hated leaving him but he becomes real ornery when he gets to drinking vodka. I went up the stairs to join the fun and was followed by the ZOGs. Now, we all sat around chatting and drinking and drinking and chatting. I inquired about the tuning of the piano and was told that it was out of tune. That works for me. So, I sat at the piano and sang as loud as I could and by gosh all of them ZOGs was gone when I was done. I made a small mental note (well for me it has to be small) to try that in Fel when I get into that 'red' trouble. If you know what I mean. I will just sing my troubles away. Hey, maybe that works on monsters too!

Scene Three: Sunday Night
Singing to dragons does not work. If anything, they seem less amused at my presence than usual and even smacked poor old DragonSnack too. My friend, Glissandra (H--K), was there too. She seemed to be in the same pickle I was in. Fortunetly for both of us that another dragon killer was outside and took pity upon us and gave us a rez. On top of that, his wife came over and rezed Ghost and DragonSnack! Some people are just plumb helpful (too bad my gray matter rots and I forgot their names, sorry!). Shortly after that I was sent to Dirt Nap Street by another dragon. Apparently word of my singing spread. This time they let DragonSnack off with a warning, I guess. When I came back from the healers DragonSnack was deep into checking rock formations on one of the walls while the dragons planned a suprise party for me. Thankfully some other hunters broke up the party before I was overwhelmed. I realized that I had worn out my welcome and decided to take my singing elsewhere.
After some debate, DragonSnack and I headed over to 'Cyclops Pyramid' to try this singing thing on Cyclopian Warriors and Titans. On the road from the gate to the pyramid I encountered a Titan Paragon. It was quickly apparent that they hate singing. They also run very very fast as one chased me and DragonSnack almost all the way to the gate. We did not outrun him. Neither did some other wandering adventurer that came to our aid. I went to the shrine and got myself rezed and walked DragonSnack's ghost over to Haven where the Lady Crystal Rose (PAS) restored him to health.
Back to 'Cyclops Pyramid' we went. Very quickly I came to the conclusion that Titans and Cyclopian warriors are either deaf are don't like singing. Not one of these monsters seemed to enjoy my songs. It is possible that they just have bad taste and don't like RUSH. Maybe they are Country and Western fans? That is something to consider. Where was I, we bashed many of these creatures making our way around and noticed several members of PAS just outside the entrance of the dungeon. A couple of them was speaking ooOOoo, a language I am very familiar with. I went over and aided in rezing and healing a few and they strolled back into the dungeon. I tells ya, I should have been born a cat. I am curious as hell and I die a lot. Curiosity kills the Maddwg and sometimes the DragonSnack. Obviously I had to find out what was up. I entered the dungeon and was greeted by King David (PAS) who added me to the party (despite knowing my history). It was quite obvious that PAS had overran this place so I made my way deeper. PAS seemed to have this place pretty much under control. I spied a wraith in a room off to one side. So we charged in and then ran out as the wraiths buddy chased us out. Not only do Lich Lords not like singers, they don't like their horses either. I ran upsatirs and was rezed. I went back down and got the ghost of DragonSnack to follow me. I moved deeper into the dungeon and discovered several of PAS taking on some balrons. I didn't even try my singing and just joined the fight. Yeehaw! After several minutes of whipping them balrons, the Lady Sky (KVP) restored DragonSnack back to health. (At least I think that was who did it.) We roamed around helping to kill various monsters and eventually I got careless around a balron and once again was speaking in tongues, ooOOoo. I was quickly rezed and several people raced to make sure DragonSnack was okay. Again, the wonder horse was fine. Shortly thereafter PAS made a victorious journey back to their home while I made my way back to mine.

I have made the following conclusions.
Dragons and the subspecies of dragon (Hiryus) don't seem real worried about killing DragonSnack. Yet, they willingly kill Maddwg as quickly as possible.
Balrons and daemons would prfer killing Maddwg while often ignoring DragonSnack.
Either DragonSnack has made some kind of pack with these creatures or I should change my name to DragonSnack. I'm keeping a watch on that horse!
Monsters will not leave when you sing to them.
I hope to journey to Fel and test singing on reds. I'll let ya know how that works out.

Maddwg,
Racontuer of XX, but not a bard.

K

Keo_Kortez

*sings* A horse is a horse, of course, of course....

Sorry...couldn't resist that!

L

Lady Vixen

<blockquote><hr>

*sings* A horse is a horse, of course, of course....

Sorry...couldn't resist that!

[/ QUOTE ]A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse
He’ll give you the answer that you’ll endorse.
He’s always on a steady course.
Talk to Mister Ed.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day
But Mr. Ed will never speak unless he has something to say

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And this one’ll talk ‘til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this: "I'm Mister Ed."