• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Epic Mount

M

mecantile

Anyone have a link with a decent walkthrough of the daily quests you can do to earn an epic air mount (drake/hippogryph)?

Also, I guess what sucks is now that you can level past 70 you might not get the gold return as you once did.

M

mecantile

Awesome, thanks. One thing my friend pointed out to me the other day is that the gold might be more challenging to get now that the expansion is live-if I start grinding dailies before I hit 80 then it won't turn the unnecessary exp into gold. Oh well. At least I can do them again when I hit 80.

L

Lag

Not at all. I'm currently 73 and went into the expansion with 50g, and am currently at 1200g from questing/vendoring rewards alone.

M

mecantile

Yeah I have noticed the amount of gold you get questing in Northrend. In the past 24 hours I have managed to earn more than 600g from turn ins to selling gear (soulbound). If anything I could just run the daily quests after I hit 80 to get the maximum amount of gold.

B

Blade_Thugluv

I think with the new exp gold is easyer to get if anything. I have manage to make over 10k gold since the release. I havent hit 80 yet im only 78 cuz i took a break to deal with rl stuff and friends but when i returned i brought 4 friends with me Mhahaha.

Anyways questing is a good way to make money as well as selling junk items. I find mining and enchanting to be really profitable.

i plan to be 80 within 24 hours.
~Blade

R

RayneStorm

Impressive amount of gold...care to share your secret?
I personally haven't made nearly that amount...still having problems breaking into the 2K range, and that is on a character that hasn't event purchased epic flying yet.

B

Blade_Thugluv

Impressive amount of gold...care to share your secret?
I personally haven't made nearly that amount...still having problems breaking into the 2K range, and that is on a character that hasn't event purchased epic flying yet.

Well 1 is im a miner so i mine as im doing quests. When cobalt first hit the AH it was selling at 200g a stack and was harder to get due to the number of people who rushed to the new area. Now on the realm i play cobalt is only 70g a stack but still a pretty penny. i mine alot of it while questing so that adds up fast.

2nd is Enchanting can be a pain to work up but is fun and a big time money maker. Those BOP blues and quest items u get that you dont need and you end up selling to the vendor for 2-4g each.. well with enchanting you disenchant them and sell the mats you get if you dont need them. Inf dust is selling for 165g a stack right now.

the 3rd part of my money making comes from questing. I quest till i cant quest no more then i quest some more. Lots of money to be made from questing. I have heard of people making over 2k gold by the time they hit 75-76 just off quests. honestly i havent kept track of how much of the gold i have made is from quests. (guess i could look at ach logs)

I also pick pocket most the things i fight if they can be pick pocket which is normally only 13-20silver but it adds up.

how profitable is enchanting? this is a list of stuff i have in the auction house right now on Maelstrom;

240 Infinite Dust (155g per stack of 20)
208 Large Prismatic Shard (150g Per stack of 20 9g per single)
615 Arcane dust (25g per stack of 20 and 1.5g per single)
180 Void Crystals (165g per stack of 20. yes i know i could break each stack into 40 Large Prismatic Shards but to lazy)
31 Large Brilliant Shard (75g per stack of 20)
47 Small Dream Shards (140g per stack 20)
17 Dream Shards (18g each)

Yes the arcane dust and pris shards are mainly from my time as a 70 however some are recent when helping people out to level. same with void crystals. as for the Inf dust, dream shards, small dream shards those are all wotlk items.

currently i have over 7k worth of items in the ah. i am about to go quest some more. i would say leave everything you dont need in back to have as much backpack space as u can. Pick up EVERYTHING and sell stuff to vendors you dont need like greys and stuff players wont buy for a good price.

oh and ah dosnt charge to list enchanting mats.

so if your herb mining or mining enchant or enchant herb you can make some fat side cash ontop of the normal quest farming.

~Blade

B

Blade_Thugluv

oh and i didnt make lvl 80 in the 24 hours after that post above. i slacked :-( i = the fail

~Blade

M

mecantile

Meat is also selling really well-specifically worm and chunks o' mammoth. Right now a stack of mammoth is going for 100g. I've gotten up to 4k by questing and selling meat/enchanting mats from green drops as well as selling quest rewards. The flame extinguisher alone vendored for 15g~.

R

RayneStorm

Well, I took what you said Blade, and over the weekend (Friday to Monday) also worked my mining and enchanting, and made close to 4K. I'm a happy player now :)

B

Blade_Thugluv

Right on. Im glad its working for you. I finally hit 80 and the quests are now giving over double the gold so thats gonna make getting gold easyer to.

~Blade