• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Epic Factions Event Being Planned

G

<font color=red>Event Forum: </font color=red>An event forum has been setup to discuss ideas and ask questions. Click here to go there.

I am trying to put together an event where as many guilds as possible join factions on Atlantic for 1 week for lots of fun. Currently 3 guilds have signed up representing 358 veteran characters. It is expected that another guild (LNR) will be signing up soon also nearly doubling that number. Several other guilds have been contacted and are being asked to join in. For the most up to date details see:

http://www.hot-guild.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=13975

This event is planned for some time in early March 2008. This is plenty of time for players or guilds on other shards to make plans to transfer over and take part. It also gives time for inactive UO players to come back and gear up to participate.

A big announcement should be made in a couple days about this event. Right now I am trying to get as many people committed as possible so there is a nice large number to encourage others that this is going to be big and they can't miss out. Please contact me about your group and its approximate size if you will be coming.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this all sounds good.
but you have overlooked a HUGE thing.

those big guilds CAN NOT join.

only one player PER account.
those guilds, im sure, are comprised of people who have multiple characters in the guilds.

so if you have a guild of like 350 people and you try to join it up, it wont let them.

dont know if you have thought of this or not.

anyways.
YAD still has some guys there, so we are IN.

G

I am well aware of the one character in factions rule. Also, we wouldn't be able to join with the faction member balancer in place either. That is why I am going to have to request that the developers change it to one faction any amount of characters and turn off the balancer in order for this event to proceed. Both serve no real purpose anymore and removing them should not cause a negative impact.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
wow.

you think that devs are gonna remove a game dynamic that has been around since it started ONLY on one shard and ONLY for the event we are talking about?

i like your idea.
im gonna be there cause i love factions.

but i am willing to put my money where my mouth is.
after over 10 years of playing this game i am confident in saying that i will pay you, JC, a million gold on ATL is they (they dyvs) actually do that.

not that i dont hope they do, just that i know they wont.
and if they DO, then i will also put in my big guild into the war too.

cause im all about the OJ killing!

G

<blockquote><hr>

you think that devs are gonna remove a game dynamic that has been around since it started ONLY on one shard and ONLY for the event we are talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think if they see that hundreds of players want to participate in an event and the only thing stopping them is a couple mechanics from a virtually dead system that are no longer useful, yes there is a chance they will make the change. The requested changes are completely reasonable and can only help encourage players to participate in factions in general.

You just said it yourself, if the changes were made you would put your big guild in.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im just looking at the track record of UO.
Seer's.....
EM's.....

i think asking them to remove (first even FIND) a chunk of code in the 10.5 year mess of code and try to disable it for a event might be asking a little much.

but i DO want to see this event get off the ground.
thats why im saying early to get these big guilds to make a faction offshot, that way there will be none of this waffleing at the last minute when EA dosnt change the code.

G

We are still in the first minute so there is plenty of time to wait and see.

G

*chuckles* Maybe we should all get together and create the "Siege Mercs" or "Siege Regulars".

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I am well aware of the one character in factions rule. Also, we wouldn't be able to join with the faction member balancer in place either. That is why I am going to have to request that the developers change it to one faction any amount of characters and turn off the balancer in order for this event to proceed. Both serve no real purpose anymore and removing them should not cause a negative impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually get around this by having them join with their faction guild (most large guilds already have one) with only a few people. Have the others do the same and you can progressively avoid the load balancing bottleneck.

Also remember that Atl is a gigantic shard, so you may be able to join full guilds....

I

imported_Cardell

So, there is a balance system in place to prevent people/guilds from completely outnumbering people and you,, one of the biggest guilds in the game will ask that the balancer be removed so you can out number people. Thats one hell of a way to get a bunch of smaller guilds to join factions..... yeah.

G

It will end up balancing out because the guilds will decide beforehand what factions they are going to. The largest guilds will all end up in different factions.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

It will end up balancing out because the guilds will decide beforehand what factions they are going to. The largest guilds will all end up in different factions.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh...I just don't think you know what your talking about. Have you ever played factions? Nothing in the factions balance itself out... that is why they have been dead for the last 6 years on just about every shard accept 2.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

I will be there as a non combatant to report on the event. Looking forward to it!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
bah.

keep the forum here for this.

i dont wanna have to create yet another account and go to another forum to get my news.

just keep it in one spot.
that way people dont have to look in multiple places for posts and updates.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

We could move it over to the SA forums...I hear it's pretty dead there...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im just gonna go ahead and mark a point up on the score board for you there bro, cause that was a good one, hehehehe.

1 to nothing for Serg!

G

It's quite useful keeps all the big guilds from pounding factions into the ground.

No reason the "big guilds" lol , cant just pick a char from an account and go start up a factions side guild and get started. We're waiting, no time like the present...

G

<blockquote><hr>

bah.

keep the forum here for this.

i dont wanna have to create yet another account and go to another forum to get my news.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have to register to see the forum news. It will be a lot easier for me to coordinate everyone using a single forum. Stratics will not make a seperate forum for this event so it had to be off Stratics. Plus some people are banned from Stratics so they wouldn't be able to come post anyway.
<blockquote><hr>

No reason the "big guilds" lol , cant just pick a char from an account and go start up a factions side guild and get started.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was attempted a while ago an it was an "epic" failure. Hardly anyone participated and there was no fighting. The question becomes whether you put your best character in factions or not.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if a person cant take their 'best character' and put it into factions for a week then they probablly wont be of much use to the event anyways.
just sit there and moan bad stuff about stat and such.

G

It was more of an issue of splitting characters between "normal" PVP and factions PVP. By putting an entire guild in there will be none of that, everything will be factions PVP.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

It was more of an issue of splitting characters between "normal" PVP and factions PVP. By putting an entire guild in there will be none of that, everything will be factions PVP.

[/ QUOTE ]

So because the big guilds cannot decide which characters they want to put in the factions, you want the Devs to remove the balance system so you can put ALL of your characters in? .. does that sound ridiculous to anyone else?

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

Only if factions were still active.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so the current situation, that really only needs more content and removing bugs, will be fixed by removing the player balancing system so a huge guild can join with all there characters because they dont want to decide which of their characters they want to use? Thats just asinine.

Maybe someone who has extensive experience in the factions should be setting this up.

G

If I don't have enough "faction experience" then I doubt anyone does.

I played Factions extensively on Test Center when it was being tested. I joined day 1 and kept my main character in Factions until a couple weeks after Publish 16. Jokingly I refer to myself as the first person in and last person out of Atlantic factions because I hung around long after it had died. I worked my way to the top of the command chain in Shadowlords and was elected Commanding Lord twice.

Since Factions I've been a part of the top Champion Spawn/PVP guild on Atlantic, HOT Guild. I hope that passes your "experience" measure stick.

S

Seismic

I'd like to participate but am not in a guild...is that a problem? Sorry, never done factions before but always wanted to...

G

No, you can go solo. The faction commanders will be able to send out messages 4 times per hour to keep people informed of what is happening.