• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eodon recipes

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
well I was not in game when the expansion came out and so i'm going to ask since I don't know. my tailor had a few recipes for a flowered dress and a evening gown but obviously I have not those recipes. I've googled them and it is pretty basic saying they come from mobs in eodon.. My questions are,. is it ANY mob in Eodon that can drop it? and does anyone know a place there that might spawn recipes faster than another? Do they pop in your pack or is it loot?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They pop in pack.

If I'm not mistaken, t's a point system similar to the 10th anniversary artifact drops in the virtue dungeons from 2007-onward. Your chance increases as you kill stuff, and resets to the bottom when you get a drop.

There are several recipes you can get, or parts of two armor sets (one is a dinosaur slayer set when complete, the other is a myrmidex slayer). Each suit set takes 4 parts, but there are 3-4 different leg armor options (so you can end up with a bunch of shorts, skirts, and pants, but not any of the other 3 parts).

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
so I guess I need to do the turtle spawn to get any points worthwhile? hmmm. i'll try to regoogle it. just not finding much info on it all.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've had the recipes drop doing the turtle net quest and tiger cub quest, so it can be from any fighting in Eodon. Theoretically you could sneak in past the Great ape and farm his silverbacks, or go kill elemental-type stuff in the burnt forest between the Jukari, Volcano entrance and Shadowguard.

But the turtle spawn works fine, with the chance of scrolls of transcendence dropping as well.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I've gotten them as drops just by killing the Vicious Macaws at the temple west of the gate (2nd building)
At the temple is nests with foil on top of them, lift up the foil
the foil will disappear when one of the birds takes it (2 or 3 will spawn)
I use a tamer, so I invis and have my pet target them
you can also use the foil in a recipe for chocolate nutcrackers (recipe obtained from 2015 holiday token)
you can get lots of feathers too

Also if you do the turtle spawn, don't kill everything before you kill the turtle.
I've gotten more drops killing the leftovers before the spawn restarts again.

Also if you do the quests in Eodon, I've been digging in the Volcano and have gotten couple drops there by killing the volcano elementals
also on their corpses is large & small gems with occasionally parasitic plant or luminescent fungi
the reward for doing that quest is an awesome fire (is also a quest item but is awesome deco, that lights up)

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm in Eodon quite a bit and have only gotten drops when doing a quest, and have not done any quests for 6-7 months and have got no drops in that time(700-800 luck). Also have never gotten a SOT at turtle, is it rare?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes I get no pinks from the Dragon Turtle spawn in Eodon, sometimes I get 2-3. It's odd that way (happens at all spawns really - either get several or none - rarely just one).

I get the recipe drops even more rarely, but from all over. I've got them to drop fighting off the spawns on the turtle nest, tiger cub traps, and volcano elementals; fighting turtle spawns, and random other creatures - even vampire bats, and the stuff inside the kotl city. I don't think I got any inside the Myrm queen, the big underground myrm vs. human fight, or zipactriotl, but then those I've done so rarely I might not have just not had the point total.

What you have to remember is that the drop chance is for a recipe OR one of the Aloron's & Darden's armor pieces. So, there's about a 50/50 shot of one of the suit pieces, or the corresponding recipes for the non-magical equivalents, then the 4-5 or so recipes for the cloth items.

When you look at it that way, I've gotten about the same number of recipes as armor pieces, though I still only have a few of the tiger or turtle armor recipes (most the recipes have been for the cloth items), and might be missing one or two of the armor set pieces (though I have complete suits for both, there's something like 6-8 possible parts for each 4-piece set, with multiple leg armor (and maybe torso armor) options).

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I got several recipes from the human v. Myrmidex pit fight as well. It has been a while but I'm fairly certain they drop in there too.