• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Entitlement

G

My wife's account was started just in time to make Founder status, which put it about 3 weeks behind my own. (But the game always gave her start date as earlier than mine.). Both accounts were closed on the same day, within minutes of each other.
Now, according to the the new "Entitlement" number on the Sim page, the two accounts differ in age by 250 days.

What's going on?

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Sounds like a bug. I was in the Pub a while ago and they are aware it has issues. It wouldn't hurt to report it on the bug boards or wiki though.

N

NightFlyer

My account entitlement dates are "off" also.

Never had a lapse in payment. Oldest founder sim is 1818 days as of morning maintenance while the "entitlement" in TC3 states 1787 days.

A friend checked his account and shows Oldest founder sim at 1803 days and "entitlement" of 1794.

For now I will assume this discrepancy of 31 days on my account is due to free time given on founder account. Not sure what to think of the 9 days on the friend's account.

I will be highly disappointed if TPTB don't adjust for this. Being penalized for free time with purchase of game or prize winners is just wrong.

It's the principle.

Add: I don't have a starting point with sim age on second account but with best guestimate it looks off as well.

M

MandiK

One of my accounts seems off as well, but I cant be totally sure.

I

imported_MsStathamSim

Are they possibly counting from December 17, 2002? That doesn't explain all the discrepancies, but it might account for some of them.

N

NightFlyer

If they can't even get the account ages correct it really makes me wonder about the more complex things they claim to be working on.

G

All I can see when I look at other sims bios (and my own), are the same amount of days, which is the amount of days I am entitled to. When I look at my main accounts bio, (from my second account), I see the amount of days that my second account has been opened. And everyone else has that same amount of days, also.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Fire,

That is because I don't want you to see my entitlement! It's private!

G

<blockquote><hr>

All I can see when I look at other sims bios (and my own), are the same amount of days, which is the amount of days I am entitled to. When I look at my main accounts bio, (from my second account), I see the amount of days that my second account has been opened. And everyone else has that same amount of days, also.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the way it is supposed to be. You will see only your own time.
Maybe they will fix it so that there is nothing showing when viewing another sim, but for now that's the way it is.

G

This is not intented for any direct person...

I think most of our dates are incorrect, as all my founders are the same amount of days but yet they each started in different months. My understanding from Lee in the Pub was it was to go by our account date then, for each month was active (after going live, paying for account). It seems like most have just been given a general amount of days and not by the actual start day of our accounts. ( I pay for my daughters founders to keep them alive if they decide to come back and play, since I have paid their accounts from day one) So shouldn't the days be what is on our account in the sims page under my account if it has always stayed active? Our account tells us the day we started. ( minus the time accounts took a vacation).

S

Sativa L

My oldest account is off by 13 days. Back when I used time cards I would sometimes let my accounts expire a couple of days before getting around to loading the card. I would just use my other accounts those days, but now I have no idea of verifying how many days I actually paid for. 13 seems high, but really its less the 3 days a year

G

I have never let days lapse as they take it auto. from my card and I have never canceled for even one day. I just realized in tc3 we are 1794 days old (so they say per our account date but my other sims in production cities are 1815 (from the big wipe in Nov. 0f 2002) OK my question is if we are going by account we should be older then 1815 days old so tc3 is off already even without account age (since that age is from the big wipe). So, when tc merges with tc3 i lose days on the tc sim? don't add up to me (my sons account is the oldest account too) also, When will we see our locks put in place on our TC3 accounts? as far as others seeing when I started play, its no different then now if you never wiped your date is on bio (after wipe) for all to see already so its no big deal showing it again. I think showing your original start date is kind of neat. (like it shows on Luc's and Lees and Stirs.)

S

SilverSpike

My account says entitled for 888 days and i still havent recieved Mystic Trees yet.

G

1. I know the weird glitch where it only shows YOUR account age whenver I click, even on Parizad it sasy 446 instead of not sure how many

2. I think that whenver you close your account the number restets to 0 or so.. I mean.. I think so

3. HEY! This is PRIVATE area, get your own 3.

4. Mmmmm donuts.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Are they possibly counting from December 17, 2002? That doesn't explain all the discrepancies, but it might account for some of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, founder accounts date back to 12/16/2002 as far as an entitlement start date. Somewhere over the last 5 years I managed to lose 6 days. I know there have been times when I had to update my payment information because a credit card expiration date changed or I was notified that a game card was expiring. I find it very conceivable that I may have lost 6 days over a 5 year period.

Other accounts after release seem to be based on the day registration codes were activated. Again these can be off a few days if you ever had to update payment information the account.

I'm guessing there might have been some delay between the time updated payment information was submitted on the web and actually credited to account.

I know that anytime my account was about to expire I recieved a notice when I logged in. If I didn't update the account in a timely manor, I have no one to blame but myself.

G

ok your theory is good, but it don't change fact I'm older in other cities then in TC3. Lee said in the pub account time was based on your account not the day tso went live so if thats the case should be older even then my other cities. But the fact still remains, my tc3 sim in younger then my other sims, and I never was late in paying. Nor does it change that some in tc3 accounts started different times but are all the same entitlement start date.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

ok your theory is good, but it don't change fact I'm older in other cities then in TC3. Lee said in the pub account time was based on your account not the day tso went live so if thats the case should be older even then my other cities. But the fact still remains, my tc3 sim in younger then my other sims, and I never was late in paying. Nor does it change that some in tc3 accounts started different times but are all the same entitlement start date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that was too much for me. I am not sure what you are saying. Sim ages have nothing to do with account entitlement days. As a founder, I am well aware that I have sims older than my entitlement days. In the past, anniversary gifts were all given to founders on December 17th as our entitlement date. No one has ever been entitled to anything before 12/17/02 as a starting date until now. It seems that founders have been set as a start date of 12/16/02 is all that I was saying.

Entitlement date will be the same on any sims you have in any city once EALand opens and old cities merged. It has nothing to do with the date you created a sim in TC3.

G

Yes as far as anniv. gifts went it was from the day we went live and no longer a beta tester, but in the pub I asked Lee and he said for the NO the date on your entitlement date was the date your account is when you first signed up for sims. Things may have changed as they do daily but was what i was told and I even questioned that point directly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to be a bit confused and are talking about two different things, "Sim age" and "Account age". You could never have a sim older then the account obviously since you must create the account 1st, then create the sim after, but generally they should be the same day unless you made the account and didn't create any sims until a later date.

Look at your sim info page in TC3.
Near the top under the buttons/tabs it says:

"Subscriber entitled for 1798 days".

That is my account age NOT including inactive days as far as I know.

Down lower it says:

"Born on 11/06/2007 Age 13 days"

That is the sims actual age from the day you created the sim and I'm not sure if inactive days are included.

So at the top you have your "Accounts age" and at the bottom you have your "Sim's age" and yes to answer you your sim in TC3 will always be younger then your other cities unless it was merged/moved from Test Center which has not been enabled yet.

I

imported_Poppy Darling

To no one in particular.

I think what is confusing some is that even though the founders always received their anniversary gifts on the date that TSO went live, 17 December 2002, our sims would be older than that because we were given a headstart.
As an example, there is a founder sim in AV whose birthdate is displayed as 11/27/2002 so it would appear that the entitlement date in tc3 has been changed from the actual birthdate of our first sim in a city to the date TSO went live.
The implications of that is that any founder sim that has never been recreated on an account and that has never lapsed, will lose at least one skill lock when they are merged to Ealand.

G

We had a long and very confusing discussion about this in the pub. We wanted to know if acct age would be the day we started in beta, the day we made sims after the great wipe, the day the game went live, or the day we actually started paying. Using my own acct as an example, I started playing the game on Nov 2, 2002. My oldest sim was created on Nov 28th, 2002 and is currently 1817 days old. The game went live Dec 17, 2002. I got 3 mo free and started paying in Mar 03. My entitlement is 1798 days. I never missed a single day of pmts on the founder acct. So at least for me according to my math anyway my entitlement started when the game went live and we get no credit for our time in beta. Which I actually think is rather unfair.

We explained to the devs that if this is to determine amnesty for gifts it should include beta to receive simmys. They seemed to find the whole subject confusing. Gracie and I discussed that conversation just the other day. We knew it wouldn't end up like we thought it should. Even so, as long as we have the founder icon if the amnesty includes simmys we should get them on sims that dont have them. The reason this is a concern to me is that 2 of my sims were created during the infamous blackout period and never got simmys. It took me years to get my founder icon and I'm most grateful for that, but I want my simmys too! Anyway thats what happened, and its why I have been pushing for amnesty since the subject was brought up.

As far as losing locks at the time of the merge I should hope not! We didnt actually start getting locks until the update for it in Feb 03. We got 10 locks at that time and from that point on we got one every 21 days until skills were raised to 20 pts. I dont recall exactly when that happened, but if I recall correctly we got an extra 10 locks at that time. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that. Locks was my all time favorite update, but I always thought they should have been retro active to sim creation date and we would have 2 or 3 more locks then we do.

Mind you I'm writing this on no sleep since insomnia hit me last night, plenty of caffeine though.
So if it makes no sense or if my math is off I think I have good reason.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

The caffeine is talking, and doing a good job. I didn't check your math but your logic is clear. I hope you get your simmy!

G

Your math is correct. If today is Day 1798, then Day 0 is 12/17/2002.

On the subject of locks, I believe you have skill locks based on how old your sim is. Your 1798 day old sim should have 105 locks. That is:
(1798/21) + 20 locks = 85.61905 + 20 = 105.61905
You will receive your 106th lock on 11/27/2007.

The change was retroactive to sim creation date, not the February 2003 date when the change was made.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We had a long and very confusing discussion about this in the pub. We wanted to know if acct age would be the day we started in beta, the day we made sims after the great wipe, the day the game went live, or the day we actually started paying. Using my own acct as an example, I started playing the game on Nov 2, 2002. My oldest sim was created on Nov 28th, 2002 and is currently 1817 days old. The game went live Dec 17, 2002. I got 3 mo free and started paying in Mar 03. My entitlement is 1798 days. I never missed a single day of pmts on the founder acct. So at least for me according to my math anyway my entitlement started when the game went live and we get no credit for our time in beta. Which I actually think is rather unfair.

We explained to the devs that if this is to determine amnesty for gifts it should include beta to receive simmys. They seemed to find the whole subject confusing. Gracie and I discussed that conversation just the other day. We knew it wouldn't end up like we thought it should. Even so, as long as we have the founder icon if the amnesty includes simmys we should get them on sims that dont have them. The reason this is a concern to me is that 2 of my sims were created during the infamous blackout period and never got simmys. It took me years to get my founder icon and I'm most grateful for that, but I want my simmys too! Anyway thats what happened, and its why I have been pushing for amnesty since the subject was brought up.

As far as losing locks at the time of the merge I should hope not! We didnt actually start getting locks until the update for it in Feb 03. We got 10 locks at that time and from that point on we got one every 21 days until skills were raised to 20 pts. I dont recall exactly when that happened, but if I recall correctly we got an extra 10 locks at that time. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that. Locks was my all time favorite update, but I always thought they should have been retro active to sim creation date and we would have 2 or 3 more locks then we do.

Mind you I'm writing this on no sleep since insomnia hit me last night, plenty of caffeine though.
So if it makes no sense or if my math is off I think I have good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clar! Clar! Clar!

...and I am unanimous in this!

G

I allready have 106 skill locks Milton.

I'm glad it all makes sense thanks folks!

G

I believe we are saying same thing in one way, I too am due for my 107th lock too I believe next week. But the point I was making is I questioned Lee where his page says his start date was in June of 2002 are we getting the same entitlement date for the day we signed on like his shows and He said yes would be that date. So if we started in Sept, Oct, Nov etc that would be our entitlement date, unless this has changed which of course is possible. Even if we don't get the "locks" for that time period, I think its a neat feature to see when we actually signed on like some of the dev. team shows. I am happy just to get my locks back on sims we deleted, but I do like the feature showing when we actually signed on for alpha/beta. (guess just a vanity thing)

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right. Because you sim was created before 12/17/2002.

Pass the caffeine!
The point, though, was that you were not shorted any skill locks because of when the increasing locks update was added.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right. Because you sim was created before 12/17/2002.

Pass the caffeine!
The point, though, was that you were not shorted any skill locks because of when the increasing locks update was added.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottoms up!

Thanks Milton I think I understand.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I believe we are saying same thing in one way, I too am due for my 107th lock too I believe next week. But the point I was making is I questioned Lee where his page says his start date was in June of 2002 are we getting the same entitlement date for the day we signed on like his shows and He said yes would be that date. So if we started in Sept, Oct, Nov etc that would be our entitlement date, unless this has changed which of course is possible. Even if we don't get the "locks" for that time period, I think its a neat feature to see when we actually signed on like some of the dev. team shows. I am happy just to get my locks back on sims we deleted, but I do like the feature showing when we actually signed on for alpha/beta. (guess just a vanity thing)

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm did they actually say that about getting locks back on deleted sims?

G

MaxisLuc - the main way might be to recognize the number of susbcribing days there
MaxisLuc - so if you have been subscribing for 1000 days you would get immediately 50 skill locks in the new city. (copied from a community chat)

This is based on pro rata it seems to indicate

but then these figures don't add up since you start with 20 when your created (oh yes day after now) so for 1000 days we actually should have 48 locks plus the 20 initial locks we start with so that would be 68 locks at 1000 days old.

at 1818 days old we get 20 initial locks plus 86 for our days giving us 106 locks with a new lock in 12 days till next lock. If you go to your account you see how long you've been a member.

I

imported_herk1287

So all sims get entitlement locks? or just new sims u make?

G

TTL

LOL What a confusing thread. Your sim age can be older than your entitlement age. Your sim can not be older than your account.

I had many lapses on my accts. I keep several alive by letting them lapse and entering billing info within 3 mos to keep sims alive. For instance one of my accts was created 12/03, my entitlement days are under 800. I have sims older than 800 on my acct. This is correct bahavior. Based on what gifts I have received and when my entitlement days are correct. I am in BV atm my BV sim is 1040 days. It is based on the date we entered our code minus the inactive days. Except for founders it is based 12/16 minus lapses. If you contact EA they can tell you when all your lapses were and how long. Your entitlement date is what gifts you are entitled to. Many founders are worried about getting simies in the amnesty. If you recieved them before you will recieve them again because they are going by that date. You are entitled to the same as you were always entitled to. LOL That is my story and I am sticking to it.

G

The point here is, that our entitlement date begins on the date our <u>account</u> was activated, and includes ALL the time (days) that it <u>remained</u> active. Yes, there seems to be some question of the initial starting date as it relates to founders and the beta test, but other than that it's just simply when you signed up with your account.

The purpose of the thread was to point out that there seems to an error in accounting for that time, as in my case where the difference between my wife's and my accounts should be about 20-25 days instead of the 250 the game shows.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL What a confusing thread. Your sim age can be older than your <u>entitlement age</u>.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't look at as 'entitlement <u>age</u> , but rather as.... say... coupons

Each day of entitlement represents one entitlement 'coupon' rather than one day of age. Soooo, each day an account is active, it receives a coupon - if it lapses.... no coupon.

Does that help?