• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Enhanicing a Bokuto with Yew

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am in the process of making some bokutos for my new PvP dexxer. I'd like to enhance them with Yew for the 5 HCI and the +10 DI. What is the failure rate for enhancing a fully imbued weapon (near 500 intensity) with 255/255 durability with Yew wood? I tried enhancing some newly crafted exceptional bokutos with Yew and my success rate was good. I'm wondering if my chances will go way down when I try to enhance the post-imbued bokuto. Or is Yew wood pretty safe to enhance with? Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

S

Shantia

Unless they've changed something in the last few patches by the time you FULLY imbue your weapon with max or near max intensities i'd say you're enhance rate will suck bad. heck even enhancing stuff with minor/moderate intensities is difficult.

Good luck tho, hopefully you luck out big time and get it on your first try =D

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never enhance a bokuto with yew and always go with ash. The swing rate for the weapon is such that at nearly no dex and 10SSI you'd swing at cap. Imbue 5 other mods and save the SSI for ash.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I never enhance a bokuto with yew and always go with ash. The swing rate for the weapon is such that at nearly no dex and 10SSI you'd swing at cap. Imbue 5 other mods and save the SSI for ash.

By that logic, you should never be enhancing with Ash (or even crafting bokutos with ash), because most sword users WILL have the dex/stamina without SSI to swing at max speed, because of dex requirements for bandaging speed and/or parry.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a set of bokutos recently. For my purposes I used all non exceptional bokutos to fit the extra mod in.

They were all really close to 450 intensity, imbued with 15 HCI and enhanced with yew. I made 3 different bokutos and all successfully enhanced on the first try.

Maybe I just got lucky? It's a good way to go because that, spirit of totem, and faction primer puts you at 45 HCI and frees up a slot on your jewels.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lynk, the Faction primer is how much HCI?

The new Mana Phasing Orb talisman, while fragile, can spawn with 5 HCI as one of the properties, so it could be an alternative for non-faction suit builds, if one can keep up a supply of them.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, Lynk's post is roughly my exact thinking. My initial results are that enhancing with Yew has a higher success chance than Ash. But I wanted to ask someone who has tried it before I blow a ton of money on a nearly impossible chance. 5 HCI from Yew puts my suit at 45, and by lowering my weapon's pre-enhanced DI, I can fit more HLD & Hit Spell (or HLA) on the weapon. From another angle, the imbuing intensity Yew (43.3 from 5 HCI + 20 from 10 DI = 63.3) adds is higher than Ash's SSI (10 SSI = 36.7).

Thanks all for your inputs. I'm going to try crafting this blade tonight!

-OBSIDIAN-

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was making black staffs the other day out of 5 made fully to 490+ intensity 4 out of the 5 took the ash i used however i did loose one and was a bit disappointed. Then i did a few bows with lots of ssi and tried the same without any luck enhancing 4 out of 4 broke and got me a bit mad. just my 2cents :confused:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I successfully created my Yew enhanced Bokuto on a prodo shard... worked on the first try too! I went to Test Center first and test results were good so I felt pretty confident. Now my weapon is perfectly tailored to my new toon. Thanks all for the advice.

-OBSIDIAN-

J

[JD]

60 di on weap, 20 on talisman, 10 on m&s.. or the hci route with spirit of totem... nice