• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Enhancing

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Howdy! I just noticed, if I enhance a 100% physical bow with any special wood, the bow becomes that color. BUT, if I enhance a bow with 100% elemental damage, the bow stays the color it originally was. So, if I have a 100% fire bow, but enhance it with yew wood, the bow stays orange. My question is, if I'm shopping for a bow that has 100% cold damage, but was enhanced with frostwood, the bow would still be blue, but nowhere would it say that it was already enhanced? I might be a bit disappointed to find that out after I purchased said bow and wanted to enhance it after imbuing.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The bow (if enhanced with Frost wood) would also (very likely) have a weird damage increase amount ending in a 2% (because Frostwood gives 40% cold but also 12% DMI). So if you saw a bow on a vendor with 100% cold and 52% Damage Increase then yes it's likely been enhanced already. Likewise if you see a bow on a vendor that doesn't say any type of wood but has SSI on it but also 20% lower requirements then you know Ash wood has already been used.

If you look for a bow that is "of quality" then there is a very strong chance it is a natural 100% element vs being enhanced already.