• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Enhancing

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was under the impression that enhancing an item increases the property. If I enhance a iron shield that has 150 luck with gold, it will add the 40 luck to it.
Now, if I enhance a woodland gorget with yew, instead of adding the 1 hit point regeneration, it took it down from 3 to 1.
So instead of raising the hpr like it would do with luck, it actually will decrease it. I am assuming this is a bug since I have enhanced another piece about 8 months ago to give it an extra hpr and it worked but now it actually gives it one hpr as the stat.
Has this always been the case cause if not, they really need to do something cause I just ruined a really sweet piece of armor doing this.

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
I don't know for sure about this happening from the very beginning, but I can tell you that at least since reforging came out wood properties have worked this way. In the case of bloodwood for example on a piece of armor it will grant 2hpr 3/8/1/3/3. However if an armor piece has hpr 3 on it it will take the property from the wood (hpr2).

Generally if I find a piece to enhance and it has hpr on it I will take a chance on the rng for heartwood and hope for hci or di (9 times out of 10 I get something else though).

In terms of oaks luck, it will stack. To my knowledge only the bloodwood has the issue with not stacking the hpr property.

Bummer you nuked a piece. When in doubt test it on TC1.