• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhancing Question

GLSpyder6

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a real nice crossbow that needs enhancing and i was wondering if the risk of it breaking was worth it. The Mods are:

Crossbow
44 Hit Lightning
44 Hit Lower defense
32 Hit Life Leech
30 SSI
38 DI

I'd like to get that 40 SSI out of it, but is it worth the risk?

C

Connor_Graham

As with any enhancing, the question is:

Do you have another bow that can take it's place?

If you don't have another similar, then the answer would be no. Ash is easier to enhance with than say Frostwood as it's on the low end of the wood ladder, but you're also trying to bring a property to 100%, which gives it that extra chance that it will break.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
put it this way, i tried to enhance 8 crossbows and heavy crossbows with 25+ SSI to get to 35-40 and only 1 survived..

all of them were monster loot and most of them were junk, no di or anything else good, just wanted to figure out what my chances were.

GLSpyder6

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it's a decent enough bow the way it is anyways. Just wanted to get some extra speed out of it by enhancing with ash, but oh well. Thx for the input.