• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Enhancing Question.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some ppl say that you have a greater chanse of enhancing an item if you first POF it up to 255/255 durrability is this just an urban legend or a fact?

Would really need to know this, enhancing Luck/LRC pieces is really a pain!

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aww what the hell ill just enhance it without pof.

you win some you loose some

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
near as I can tell it's an urban legend.

In fact, if it's a metal (smith/tinker) item, where the materials can add durability, it can cause the chance to be LESS.

R

Ravahan

near as I can tell it's an urban legend.

In fact, if it's a metal (smith/tinker) item, where the materials can add durability, it can cause the chance to be LESS.
^ that.

No way I would waste PoF on an unenhanced peice.

T

Turdnugget

Pretty sure you have even less chance to enhance if the item already has a lot in one category/mod...

Say a piece has 100 luck on it and you're enhancing with spined to get 140. Pretty sure your odds are a lot less enhancing with spined than they would be with horned/barbed due to the fact it already has a high intensity in luck.

But enhancing w/barbed/horned isn't as bad...just a matter of RNG and having Lady Luck smile upon you.

H

Hopeful

DO NOT EVER DO THIS.
Im sorry, that was very rude of me but Ive been there and done that.
Keep your precious PoF... youre going to need them.
I noticed that leather type material bonuses do not include durability while irons such as dull shadow and valorite offer % increases(this maybe because of its ties to weaponry). This puts into question how such a thing could have any effect on leather.
To be honest I never noticed if durability increased when enhancing leather because Im just happy the item didnt dissappear :). But I had a few leather100 LRC suits Pofed up because I used them actively early on.in the game. When the carnage was over ...there was 3 peices left. Same odds as always for me.
Most base leather armor has little durablity to begein with. You would need to burn 2 full Pofs to get 255/255 on some things. Too much of an investment to chance.
If you are trying to enhance with spined for luck be aware of its +5 physical resist. I think it makes it harder to stack on a peice with 10 or more physical resisit. Making it more likely to fail.
Could someone post a link to the Material Bonus page ? It might help you. I cant do it. Thx.