• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Enhancing choice is always tough

Should he do it?

• Enhance It!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Don't Chance It!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I don't Know

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is always a tough decision on enhancing items. I still can't decide on this one. My imbuer is only just over 109 so I lost about 15 relics on the +25 HCI. It's exactly 500 weight and ash adds the lower requirements...probably break it.

If I had the resources on the test center I could duplicate it and determine the chance. Alas, the resources aren't provided and I would have to farm for them.

-Lorax

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ash, heck - I was just picturing in my mind what Yew would do for it. Probably be even more likely to break, though. I still don't understand the fascination for adding 10 SSI to raise to 40, when the bonus is based on breakpoints of 30 & 60, and I can only think of +15 SSI bonus that comes from non-weapon bonuses (5 from jewelry, 10 from a headgear piece)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ash, heck - I was just picturing in my mind what Yew would do for it. Probably be even more likely to break, though. I still don't understand the fascination for adding 10 SSI to raise to 40, when the bonus is based on breakpoints of 30 & 60, and I can only think of +15 SSI bonus that comes from non-weapon bonuses (5 from jewelry, 10 from a headgear piece)
I have always referenced this link for determining damage and firing rate. Is that really outdated like you are saying? The difference for Lorax would be 0.25 seconds between 30% and 40%.

-Lorax

K

Kallie Pigeon

To enhance or not depends on what you want to do with it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiseguy - bows have different HCI & DCI caps from Runic make, that may apply to imbuing.

As for the Speed question, I've heard differing things concerning it. The question is whether partial stamina over multiples of 30 add to partial SSI over multiples of 30.

One way, 80 stamina and 40 SSI would be the same as 90 Stamina and 30 SSI
The other way would have it to where 80 stamina is the same as 60, and 40 is the same as 30, with the extras being lost.

Dev Explanations of how it works don't really clarify (in fact, confuse the issue), but the maker of that sheet assumed the former.
I've never had the opportunity to test which is correct, as I'm playing with a lag time usually approximating 100 ms, so it's hard to tell for me what's going on, anyway, with 250 ms splits. I tend to run with 125 Dex and bows enhanced to 30% SSI as it is (never managed to score a heartwood runic, and won't buy one).

S

Stupid Miner

It is always a tough decision on enhancing items. I still can't decide on this one. My imbuer is only just over 109 so I lost about 15 relics on the +25 HCI. It's exactly 500 weight and ash adds the lower requirements...probably break it.

If I had the resources on the test center I could duplicate it and determine the chance. Alas, the resources aren't provided and I would have to farm for them.

-Lorax
Bows and weapons in general are a lot easier to enhance, especially when you're not enhancing luck.

Chance to enhance only calculates difficulty on Luck, Resist, and maybe another Armor property.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice to have balance on it. But still a good bow. I would enhance it but i'm crazy like that.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice to have balance on it. But still a good bow. I would enhance it but i'm crazy like that.
I will put balance on my other bows. That heavy is for dismount, but I have tested it out a bit getting boura pelts to get some armour maxed and it drops those big baddies quick.

I haven't pvp'ed since they nerfed poison archers to require tactics and pissed me off where I subsequently quit only to get bods in the interim until I calmed down and dropped poison. I need to figure out my bow setup now since my collection is full of random property bows.

Check this poison archer bow I used to use.

-Lorax