• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

enhancing a poison damage wep

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
can I enhance a 90% poison damage weapon into 100%? I think it used to be possible but I cannot remember which ingot I would need to use to do it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It never was possible.

Some people claimed they did, but never could replicate the results. So, if it ever happened (unlikely), it was due to an intermittent bug, that might have been quashed as long ago as AoS.

On the other hand, if the weapon ONLY has elemental damage, no other properties, and was found as loot (not crafted), there's a chance it might still be allowed for reforging (some items will, some won't), and you could try reforging with one of the properties that can potentially add elemental damage, and pray. Crafted weapons with such properties cannot be done that way, if crafted after the changes to runics that went in around the same time as reforging was introduced.