• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Enhancement) So I want to make an upper end luck suit for my miner

• Thread starter Victoria Navarre
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
V

Victoria Navarre

As I understand it,in-game luck suits will help bump up the chance to get niter deposits. Alright,so I go to make some leather armor to be imbued. So far so good,as I add 90 luck to each armor piece with imbuing.....and this is where I hit a brick wall. I go to enhance each of the imbued armor piece just to have all six pieces get destroyed. Alright,fine. I can make another suit and try again. Exact same thing happens. Tailor the suit,imbue it,and destroy it.

*sighs* I remember why now the reason I quit trying to enhance anything when the enhancement option first came out.I have never had a good "luck" with it at all.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes some doing, but it is possible. Choose the pieces with the lowest physical resist from your base leather pieces for best chance.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this isn't specifically what you asked, but here was my approach to it which may or may not work for some people depending on what other roles their miner may fill.

My miner almost never fights and he has 125+ strength, so I opted to have him (also my blacksmith) use bronze runic hammers for gold platemail armor until I hit exceptional pieces with extra luck as a property. Golden armor has a base of 40 luck already, and with the luck property added to it with runic hammers you can get up to 140 luck on a piece (compared to 100 max with imbuing). Most of the pieces wound up with 120-135 luck when I made them. Combined with two jewels each imbued with 90 luck and Jaana's Staff (another 220) I crafted a suit with 1126 base luck.

Of course, if someone has a miner that is involved in a lot of combat (or is a spellcaster) then this doesn't work so well as this isn't medable and the resists on the suit are mostly in the 50s. But for how I use this char (crafting and mining almost exclusively and staying out of harm's way), it's good enough and gets me maximum luck -- I wasn't particularly concerned with maximizing a lot of other properties on the suit. Wouldn't work for any miner toons which do any significant PvM or PvP.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On average for a four piece luck suit you will go through 25 pieces to finish those four pieces. I have been lucky though and got three pieces to succeed on the first try and the fourth piece took many many tries. It all happens that it has to do with your luck and the evil RNG.

-Lorax

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
suggestions:

1. Cursed Armor of fortune, or a real one if you have one lying around.
2. I'd probably use Stormgrip instead of going to the trouble of making gloves. This also has the added benefit of additional DI for fighting off dungeon spawn, and some extra INT.
3. Leurocian's Mempo for the gorget, if you have one.

4. For the other 3 items...

a. Get a lot of spined leather, and spined runic sewing kits.
b. Make the sleeves, legs and leather cap until you get ones with 140 luck, or close enough to your liking. Powder them to 255 durability.
c. Imbue those items to fill out your suit better. You'll only get 360 more intensity on the pieces, compared to 400 from crafting from leather, imbuing then enhancing, but it will be a hell of a lot cheaper, and save you some heartbreak.

After that, it's a matter of a luck robe (the one from the Gypsy event is best, but the ML minors are cheap), th Bleu set if you got them, and Jaana's staff (I'm glad my miner is a legendary macer)

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Miner has 1890 Luck w/o rubbing statue, for instead of the expense of making a new Luck suit, I merely soulstoned Med and put Mining on my Tamer:

Mempo: 300
Jester hat: 150
AoF: 200 + 40 LRC
arms: imbued/enh 140 + 20LRC
legs: imbued/enh 140 +20LRC
glvs: *Mining* imbued/enh 100 + 20 LRC
Conj Garb: 140
Soles: 80
Etoile set: 300
Swds of Prosp: 200

I generally mine within 3 screens of Warden of Abyss house. Stray Ratman most dangerous spawn, then I cast an EV or mine with a Earthie trailing me...

With Invasion ongoing, may shift Mining back to a support character and just imbue quick and cheap 1000 Luck suit w/spine hide for Phys (600 Luck) and jewel set (200) luck suit and weapon/book and/or shield for final 200.

Gantry

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just made my miner a luck suit to mine up nitre deposits. I have an arty luck suit but decided to go with imbuing him a spined leather suit instead for some reason. Mostly I guess just to have tried making an imbued one. I didn't bother wasting fort powder since I don't plan on doing much combat. I'm using to mine nitre deposits only to support my pirate hunting habits.
I made several pieces of each armor piece with normal leather and regular sewing kit. I then imbued each piece with 100 luck and enhanced with spined leather to add 40 more luck. I destoyed many pieces to get one piece enhanced but only wasted 10 chinga mushrooms each time. Finally ended up with 6 pieces of spined leather armor with 140 luck. I then imbued another 4 mods onto each piece to suit my miners template.
In the end I ended up with 1355 luck with the addtion of 95 luck from robe of equinox, 220 from staff of jenna, and 100 on each piece of imbued jewely. I'm happy with the results and even with only about 40ish durabilty on each piece I think this will last me a long time for the use intended. I have swords on my miner but can use equip last wep macro to change to a sword wep if fighting is required. Now to go find some nitre deposits :)