• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Enhancement Question! (Sorry to repeat, but a little different)

S

S.W.A.T

I was imbuing a bow for my friend and copying another bow I saw someone have (I know I'm lame). It was 40 Fireball/Velocity, Balanced, 10 DI, and 40 SSI. However, I could only make her bow to 30 SSI. At first I just assumed I would have had to enhance it with Ash wood for 40 ssi. Then, she asked if I was supposed to enhance it first! Then I got lost. I told her that if I enhanced it with ash for the SSI, it wouldn't give me enough property left for the other fireball etc, but she mentioned it would break because the bow was already 497/500. So, I was wondering, if you want to enhance weapons, should you do it before or after? Or am I trying to copy (lol), this bow wrong?
It's similar to the other one, but it focus's on the armor. Thanks for any feedback! =)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're going to break some bows to make that. Craft and imbue it first. If with those properties and the 30SSI it's at 497 intensity, then imbuing it first is the only way to go over the 500. Once you've imbued everything including the 30SSI, enhance it. You break it, make another one and enhance until one succeeds.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with enhancing first would be the ash propertys. Ash comes additionally with 20% lower req, which would take up intensitys and even more important one imbue slot.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with enhancing first would be the ash propertys. Ash comes additionally with 20% lower req, which would take up intensitys and even more important one imbue slot.
You can only imbue to the cap. 100% intensity for SSI is 30%. There's no other way to make that bow except enhancing AFTER imbuing.

S

S.W.A.T

Okay! Thanks for explaining! One last new crafter question! Does it matter If I imbue with a runic hammer? Would that help the chance of it not destroying? For example, Barbed kit for leather armor, Valorite hammer for ignot hammer, heartwood kit for bows?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay! Thanks for explaining! One last new crafter question! Does it matter If I imbue with a runic hammer? Would that help the chance of it not destroying? For example, Barbed kit for leather armor, Valorite hammer for ignot hammer, heartwood kit for bows?
I guess you mean Enhanceing?

No you dont get a higher succes chans when it comes to enhancing while using a runic.
Just grab an ordinary kit.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only tool that makes any difference when enhancing is an ASH.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't kept records but I used to make a lot bows before imbueing came out and I used to try to enhance a lot of 30 ssi bows that I looted from monsters. My gargoyle char seems to have a lot better success % enhancing max weight 30 ssi bows then I ever did before imbue came out. The bows I looted were no where near max imbue weight but I know I would break at least 4 out of 5 trying to enhance to 40 ssi. My gargoyle crafter is running over 65% enhancing max imbue weight pvp comps and heavies to 40 ssi.

S

S.W.A.T

Yeah, I ment enhancing sorrry. Does the Ash Runic Kit just add the Lower Requirements, If I enhance?