• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Enhancement or not Enhancement

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When building my new suit, should I be using normal leather and Enchanting it for the resist I need or just make it with the B/H leather and get 65+/60+/60+/60+/60+ then add the mods.

Still working my mules up to make the suit for my toons (and a personal goal).

Sorry if this as been asked before, I did have a look about but unable to find any info :)

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would really depend how 'high-end' of a suit you want. If you went all out and also bought a Forge Tool, you could make the suit in leather, add mods and then fill in with resists. You would then enhance with the Forge Tool afterwards to allow you to add resists above the 'Imbue cap'. You would have to design the suit with the enhancement in mind.

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it easy to make a suit that has 65+/all 60's+ which is enhanced before I add the mods to the suit?

This is the first time I am making a suit from scratch :(

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its hard to answer your question because you don't have specific information. However, generally speaking, if you are making a suit of 6 pieces plus jewels, you can calculate how much resists total on the 6 pieces.

horned 2 3 2 2 2
barbed 2 1 2 3 4

So, just from the enhancement bonus using Barbed Leather, you would have 12 physical/6 fire/12 cold/18 poison/24 energy.

If you are making a suit with all 70's, you would subtract these numbers to get what you need the suit to have either before, or after, Imbuing.

58 physical/64 fire/58 cold/52 poison/46 energy.

So, in this example, you would need a total of the above numbers on six pieces. If you can get them without imbuing, then you can add 5 properties to each piece, otherwise, less.

For example, these numbers divided by 6 would mean you need, on each piece, an average of:

Head: 10/11/10/9/8
Neck: 10/11/10/9/8
Chest: 10/11/10/9/8
Legs: 10/11/10/9/8
Arms: 9/10/9/8/7
Hands: 9/10/9/8/7

Of course, it is unlikely that you will get these number so you will make pieces with a Legendary tailor with GM Arms Lore and mix and match the numbers until you get this total, or get this total from imbuing.

You can fit in extra Imbuing Properties if you have a high resist on one piece and a high different resist on another to get the totals that you need.

If you have access to a spreadsheet, it helps a lot to lay out the numbers so that you can plan which piece needs which property. Google documents is free and will allow you to make a simple one without too much effort.

I'm sure this will confuse you since it confused me. Just use low cost ingredients and practice. It is how I learned Imbuing and I am still learning new techniques.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it easy to make a suit that has 65+/all 60's+ which is enhanced before I add the mods to the suit?

This is the first time I am making a suit from scratch :(
It really depends on the specific suit/pieces that you need to make.

As an example, if I have leather arms with 10/4/3/5/9 resists and I used some Powder of Fortification to increase the durability to 255, I might think about imbuing the Fire to 19 and then I would add Mana Regen 2, LRC 20, LMC 8 and Mana Increase 5. I would then enhance with barbed Leather using the Forge tool for 100% success. I would then have a barbed leather piece with 12/20/5/8/13 with the above properties. Of course, this would be as high end, as far as materials, that you would make a piece.

Alternately if you don't have a Forge tool, you would make the base piece from Barbed Leather and then Imbue the lower number(s) and mix and match pieces until you get what you need.

So, to answer your question, you could make a piece from barbed Leather or enhance it with Barbed Leather afterwards. It really depends on the piece that you need and the cost that you wish to invest in the suit/piece.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in my testing, if its a human suit with say 5 pieces and either the folded steel or mace and shield glasses you can make them with 1 imbued resist and 4 mods pretty easy.

if you get a forget tool and make the suit out of plain leather and then imbue up the one resist per piece and then enhance you can get 1 or even 2 of the pieces just right and might not need to imbue resists on them.. but i havent tested that yet.

it takes alot of planning and building base pieces with 0 armslore bonus on the one resist you plan on imbuing plus stacking the rest of the bonus on certain other resists that just fit right to make the suit work..

now if its a gargoyle suit, your pretty much set.. those are easy to build all 70s with 4 to 5 mods per piece.