• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Enhanced Client vs UO:Assist et al

F

Fink

While any shortcomings the EC currently has against the other apps aren't necessarily bugs, I feel they should form the core of any feature wish list we care to put forward. It seems clear that artistic tastes will ever remain as they are, but we can win some support if we provide a better method.

If we are to have a truly "Enhanced" client, it should at least match the functionality of the other options available and, by definition, excel in some ways. We're already mostly there, but there remain a few solid arguments in favour of using something other than EC in certain instances. If we could put all those together in this thread we might have a better picture of what is needed to truly enhance the EC, whether by mods or input from the Devils.

I'll start with these two:

UO:A's "Use Once Agent". I still occasionally miss this if I'm doing things like tending plants. You can have all your plants in a bag, specify the contents of the bag as items to be used once only, and then hit your hotkey to cycle through them. Handy if you're lacking in concentration, not terrific if you accidentally close the gump.

UO:A's "Vendor Agent". About once a month or so I need to replenish my repair contract stocks, so I use the vendor agent to automatically apply a price to them. All I need do after identifying them in the agent is drop them in the vendor's pack and they're auto-priced and described.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
remembering menu selections!
a accurate map for dropping location pins!

P

pgcd

Macro recording would be a winner - I know we can make some pretty complicated stuff with Lua, but recording macros would make it a lot easier for newcomers to come to grips with the EC, especially if the recorded macros were "translated" into actual macros, instead of gibberish command scripts.
And yeah, "menu select" action would be great.

And also get rid of the stupid "you already have something in both hands thing" and have me just equip what I want, thank you =)

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely menu selections!

Also i miss the "target item type" and "target relative position" from U

And the posibility to shove menus mostly out of the screen. Especially Polymorph!

G

Gyvalor

With UOAssist you can convert any of your tools to "use item type" and just have a few tools in you pack. Once one is used up macro moves on to the next tool.

With the EC client if the tool is used in the middle of the macro, the macro just haults even if you have more tools.

F

Fink

Definitely menu selections!

Also i miss the "target item type" and "target relative position" from U

And the posibility to shove menus mostly out of the screen. Especially Polymorph!
All these..

UO:A can macro through a bunch of menu selections, we can't do that. It would be nice if we could "tear" off a button from a menu, like we do skill tiles, and drop it into a macro or hotbar slot.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG, why start with the trammie ones? What about the important one like RANGE CHECK LAST TARGET, you can't actually play as a mage without it.

P

pgcd

OMG, why start with the trammie ones? What about the important one like RANGE CHECK LAST TARGET, you can't actually play as a mage without it.
Range checking and target queueing were mentioned as being "on the radar", if i remember correctly.

F

Fink

I started with vendors and plants because those are two of the most tedious activities I do. A key improvement for me is to make the game less like work and more like play. The less grind I have to endure the better. I am sure this is at least part of why they felt the client needed updating.

As for why I didn't start with range checking targets, I've never really relied on it so I don't miss it. I've just learned through practice to time my spells and sight my ranges properly. But if that's something you feel you can't function without then by all means it's good to mention. We each make our contributions. :)