• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced client Q

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to move character spells and such to a new computer without resetting each button on each character on each shard?

I've still got my 2006 computer alive with everything UO saved. Can it be transferred?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Far as I know, if you save your user data and transfer onto a usb stick to your new computer all your desktops, macros and settings etc will stay the same. I believe if a macro is set to say F1 F2 etc it will transfer over, I know when I transfered stuff to a laptop and moved over my existing keyboard the hotkeys stayed the same (I use a Logitech G510) , but if you are using a different keyboard with different hotkeys you will probably need to reset them. Your user data is in MyDocuments/EAGames/Ultima Online Stygian Abyss/User data. Just log into each character on your new computer and log out again to generate their user data file, then copy the new user data file onto it and accept the prompt that says 'user file already exists' "replace". Yes.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, just copy your old user data folder and paste it over the default one after you installed on your new machine and you should be fine.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As mentioned above. The only problem I can think of is you might have an older setup if it's from 2006. I can't remember when the EC had its big revamp so some things might be different.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have transferred mine across several computers, shouldn't be an issue