• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Enhanced Client Pauses Indefinitely At Login Screen

T

tjm6f4

Hello all,

When I enter my credentials at the login screen and click login (or hit enter) it just sits there and does nothing.

I have read numerous posts from others about this issue and for some people, the problem gets resolved while for others like myself, it does not. About a year ago, the Enhanced Client worked just fine for me on my computer. I did not play it very often, however, so after a period of not touching it and playing the CC, it started to have this error. It is hard for me to recall exactly everything I have done to my computer in the past year that could have caused this problem.

The numbered list below is a collection of various, summarized solutions that have been mentioned regarding this issue. I am willing to provide reasonable information about my system to solve this problem for myself and others, but please do not suggest the following things for my case as I have tried them all both independently or together in multiple variations:
1) Run as Administrator - It's set to do it automatically every time I click UOSA.exe or the patcher
2) Run in Compatibility Mode - I've tried them all
3) Turn off/reconfigure Firewall or ANY Antivirus - I have no antivirus currently since I've been working on this
4) Delete UserData Folder in \Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\ - tried it in multiple variations
5) Uninstall Nvidia program of some kind - I have an ATI card and no Nvidia anything
6) Reinstall the game; install the game as administrator - done
7) Format Hard drive - Not worth suggesting because I can't/won't do it
8) Clear out logs, notes, patcher folders in \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\
9) Disable custom UI - I don't have one, just the default
10) Try Full Screen - Nothing

Okay so if you have anything else to try, I'd be very appreciative - thank you. If you need something else, just ask but below is some basic system information for this (specific to my computer):
Install Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\
Profile Directory: C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\
Operating System: Windows 7 (x64)
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700
The installer I got was from this link: Ultima Online Client Downloads | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

To UO DevTeam
If anything I hope that this will help draw attention to this issue so that you will make it a higher priority. In many of the posts (referenced below), new players would like to come back to this game and do so by using the EC because of its improved UI which is a good thing. An effort needs to be made to resolve this but I am disappointed at the lack thereof since you can see from the time stamps of other posts that this has been going on for a while. If the community is seemingly unable to resolve this issue, the responsibility falls to you.

RELATED POSTS:
Enhanced Client &amp; Windows 7 64 bit | Stratics Forums
http://stratics.com/community/threads/client-hangs-on-login.235439/
http://stratics.com/community/threads/cant-get-past-login-on-ec-just-installed.238920/
EC login | Stratics Forums

Thank you.