• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced client forgotten sprites bug

Abercoby

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys, I was wondering if there is a way to avoid/fix that. Last night I was in a champ spawn and many monsters (including EVs) around looked in my client that were there but they were actually not. Are there any ways to fix that? I like the Enhanced client despite the fact that it still has bugs but this "forgotten sprites here and there" thing is really annoying.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh I'm with you but the DEV's don't seem to care about EC problems. I still can't loot at an EM event without causing the client to lock up. But they don't care... We also still can't see the giant horde minion mob either.

Still have issues with things that are animated not being visible if you have your Circle of Transparency on... and also if you are in the 2d client the Circle of Transparency will work on stairs as well as walls.... however in the EC the circle will NOT work on stairs only walls. This is what prevented us from making broken staircases in the EC like you can in the 2d client... there is however a work around now for that but it's hit and miss if you ask me. Infact the Circle of Transparency just plain sucks in the EC and it's just HORRIBLE... and Super tiny! The 2d client at least lets you control even how BIG or small it is... but the EC it's just one size... tiny.

But it's totally obvious that the DEV's don't either know how to fix it... or they are unwilling to take the time to fix these issues. I can do a champ spawn and often have 4 to 10 of those "ghost" mobs as I call them hanging out on the screen.... the only way I know to "fix" it is to log out completely and log back in... and the only way to know it's not a "real" mob is if I tell my pet to attack and they don't. But it's irritating because the bar pops up for it and I keep thinking it's there when it's not. Sometimes I pull those bars off to the side or something so I don't mix them up with real mobs... but if you use target next, or target nearest it'll still attempt to attack them.

Abercoby

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your reply MalagAste. It is a pity that people who are willing to use the Enhanced client still deal with these kind of issues. Needless to say that I am back on 2D probably permanently...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm having an screenshot of two Navrey Night-Eyes somewhere on an old disk :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get this EVERY day with monsters and even players. Yes it gets very annoying. Especially when my "target nearest enemy" targets a mobile that's not even there any more.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, RCs, EVs and slain monsters will stay on the screen after they are dead. Or you'll walk into your house and see a blank space where a chest is supposed to be and think,"Argh, did I just lose millions because I forgot to lock that chest down," then click the space and see it's there, you just can't see it. Why fixing the client doesn't take priority over new content just astounds me! @Kyronix

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I'm with you but the DEV's don't seem to care about EC problems. I still can't loot at an EM event without causing the client to lock up. But they don't care... We also still can't see the giant horde minion mob either.

Still have issues with things that are animated not being visible if you have your Circle of Transparency on... and also if you are in the 2d client the Circle of Transparency will work on stairs as well as walls.... however in the EC the circle will NOT work on stairs only walls. This is what prevented us from making broken staircases in the EC like you can in the 2d client... there is however a work around now for that but it's hit and miss if you ask me. Infact the Circle of Transparency just plain sucks in the EC and it's just HORRIBLE... and Super tiny! The 2d client at least lets you control even how BIG or small it is... but the EC it's just one size... tiny.

But it's totally obvious that the DEV's don't either know how to fix it... or they are unwilling to take the time to fix these issues. I can do a champ spawn and often have 4 to 10 of those "ghost" mobs as I call them hanging out on the screen.... the only way I know to "fix" it is to log out completely and log back in... and the only way to know it's not a "real" mob is if I tell my pet to attack and they don't. But it's irritating because the bar pops up for it and I keep thinking it's there when it's not. Sometimes I pull those bars off to the side or something so I don't mix them up with real mobs... but if you use target next, or target nearest it'll still attempt to attack them.
Common now they are working on an expansion, and have been since SA launched, not counting boosters. They can't even fix their web site.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgotten sprite bug doesnt hit me nearly as often as a few years back, maybe it is a hardware related effect, not sure. However what did hit me was ec not drawing mobs when running around at champ spawns, run a few steps, attack the first mob you see and a second later you are surrounded by 20 other casters that simply did not get drawn earlier, and no it wasnt upgrading spawn.
Also a whole series of client crashes that did happen when fighting changelings in stone form in twisted weald, did not happen on 2 other chars. Plus ofc completly black screen after death during client crash, so could not see anything in game window until rezzed.
Plus a bunch of minor annoyances one does not notice anymore, like that esc-key bug executing a macro.
I wish they would spend half a year to fix all those bugs , polish and rebalance the existing systems in game instead of making a new expansion that just will introduce a series of new problems that will never get fixed again.
Common, some issues are as old as stygian abyss, like for example mid-air corpse of stygian dragon that you cannot loot.